Merry Meet Monday! 💞

Warm greetings and a very Merry Meet Monday to all! :revolving_hearts:

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

~Last Chance: Full Sturgeon Moon!~

Carrying over from last week, the Full Sturgeon Moon was visible last night and will be in the sky tonight as well! For a full guide to this beautiful full moon, check out last week’s Merry Meet Monday or visit the Old Farmer’s Almanac.

Full-Sturgeon-Moon-Ritual-Witchcraft

You may also be interested in the Spells8 Full Sturgeon Moon Spell! :full_moon: Happy Moon Magick! :sparkles:

~Meteor Shower~

The Perseid Meteor Shower is an ongoing cosmic event that will last until mid-August. The peak mornings to view the meteor shower will be August 11, 12, and 13.

Here is a complete guide on how to spot the meteor shower from Earthsky.org! :milky_way:

1. The Perseids tend to be bright , and a good percentage of them should be able to overcome the moonlight. Who knows? You still might see up to 40 to 50 meteors per hour at the shower’s peak, even in the light of a bright moon. Will you see over 100 per hour, as in some years? Not likely. Still …

2. Try to watch after midnight but before moonrise . In a typical year, meteor numbers increase after midnight. But – before dawn on all three peak mornings (August 11, 12 and 13) – fairly bright moonlight will flood the sky. Be aware that the Perseid meteors will start to fly in mid-to-late evening from northerly latitudes. South of the equator, the Perseids start to streak the sky around midnight. On each of the three peak mornings, there will be less and less moonlight. Visit Sunrise Sunset Calendars to find out when the moon sets in your sky on each of those mornings, remembering to check the moonrise and moonset box. Here’s an added bonus for evening observing. If fortune smiles upon you, the evening hours might offer you an earthgrazer – a looooong, slow, colorful meteor traveling horizontally across the evening sky. Earthgrazer meteors are rare but memorable. Perseid earthgrazers appear before midnight, when the radiant point of the shower is close to the horizon.

3. Watch in moonlight, but place yourself in the moon’s shadow . Just place some large structure or natural object – a barn, a cabin, a mountain – between you and the moon. You’ll see more meteors that way than if you’re standing out under the blazing moonlight itself.

4. Consider watching after the peak. People tend to focus on the peak mornings of meteor showers, and that’s entirely appropriate. But meteors in annual showers – which come from streams of debris left behind in space by comets – typically last weeks, not days. Perseid meteors have been streaking across our skies since around July 17. We’ll see Perseids for 10 days or so after the peak mornings on August 11, 12 and 13, though at considerably reduced numbers. Yet, each day as the moon wanes in the morning sky, less moonlight will obtrude on the show. Starting on or around August 17, moon-free skies reign all night long.

(From Perseid Meteors 2020: All You Need to Know)

Time and Date also has an Interactive Meteor Shower Sky Map to help you find the location of the radiant point (although this information is just for fun- the meteors will be all over the sky, not just at the radiant point!) for the meteor shower and a bit more information about how to spot it :telescope:

A note that this meteor shower is different from the Neowise Comet and the Delta Aquariids Meteor Shower :comet: .

With so much going on in the cosmos, now is a great time to delve deeper into Cosmic and Moon Magick! :milky_way:

Something of Interest :face_with_monocle:

I hope everyone had a very blessed Lughnasadh this past weekend! I enjoyed seeing everyone’s delicious bread recipes :bread::yum:

With the first harvest behind us, the Wheel of the Year begins turning to the next Sabbat. The next holiday in the cycle will be Mabon, the Autumn Equinox in late September.

There are 8 Sabbats in the Wiccan Wheel of the Year- even if you are not familiar with their names here, you be surprised to find that many common modern holidays are based on or influenced by these early pagan celebrations! :bat: :christmas_tree::rabbit:

You can learn more about the meaning, history, and how to celebrate each of the 8 holidays on the Spells8 Wheel of the Year resource page.

There is also a printable sheet for your Book of Shadows! :open_book:

Wheel-of-the-Year-Printable-Page

New Members :wave:

Merry Meet to all of the new members who have joined in the past week!

@magdalene, @michael4, @ashley13, @daneisha, @Deborah813, @p11, @marlyn, @geilleadh, @ebba, @melanie4, @danielle10, @ariana2, @jessica28, @jennifer25, @cyntayia, @andrea9, @ellisia, @sarah14, @joana1, @elena2, @cleo, @santhia, @takara, @crystal5, @cristina1, @sharla, @violet, @lisa17, @bronwyn, @ashley14, @lisa18, @hannah7, @alyssia1, @stephanie14, @halie, @emily4, @lisa19, @danielle11, @shilat, @stephanie15, @mirysh, @seclia, @eva5, @jaime2, @mariza, @paige1, @lakeisha, @kelly4, @dee3, @trishann, @adanya, @ana8, @sabrina3, @lillie, @chloe2, @jennifer26, @kim2, @sheena1, @molly1, @edgardo1, @Lavender, @saveza, @alexis1, @dara, @tonya2, @ashley15, @john3, @sheenna

If you haven’t done so already, please head over to Introductions and create a new topic so we can give you a very warm welcome to the forums! :sparkling_heart:

Special Shout-outs :mega:

• A warm thank you to the lovely @christina4 for writing the most posts over the past week! :writing_hand: Your insights are always intriguing, and your comments are a delight to read! :two_hearts:
  • Always so kind and generous, thank you to @roxanne for liking the most posts in the last seven days! :heart: You are always a source of love here in the forums- sending love back to you! :blush:

As always, thank you to each and every member of the Spells8 Forum Family for your shared love and wisdom! :pray: There are many difficult things in the world right now, so it wonderful to have a safe place to come together and share positivity as we celebrate our magick :sparkling_heart:

What excitement is coming your way this week :star_struck:? Any fun plans or new projects you are working on :herb: ? Are you hoping to learn something new or try a new hobby? :crystal_ball: Feel free to share your plans and hopes here!

May your magick never fail to bring a smile to your face and warmth in your heart!

Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

I always like to keep up with the celestial news. So a very kind thank you for the info. And a big thank you for my shout-out! Who doesn’t like a shout-out, right? :innocent:

3 Likes

You are very welcome, @christina4! :blush: And the shout-out is well earned, thank you for all that you do! :pray::two_hearts:

There’s been so much excitement in the cosmos lately- from full moons to comets to meteor showers! Oh my! :laughing: :milky_way: It seems like it is all leading up to the very exciting Blue Moon (2nd full moon in one month) that will be on Halloween this year! :full_moon::bat: 2020 may be a wild ride here on Earth, but it is certainly an exciting time for everyone who is interested in the celestial heavens! :star2:

2 Likes

Ooh, I love the blue moon! So exciting! I’m not exactly new to the stunning night sky, astrology or my horoscope but I am still learning a whole lot! I have a very very good friend who has been teaching me all there is to know about everything. I’m like a teacher’s pet!! :paw_prints:

1 Like

Thank you for the information on the showers! I would love to see them, I have tried in the past, but failed for one reason or another.

I’m working on some shirts for friends that have helped me out a great deal during the pandemic. They are always helpful when I am in need so I designed tshirts for them and their families. I’m also working on meditation when I need a break or start getting antsy.

I hope you have a fabulous week as well!
Blessed Be! :pray:

1 Like

I love your enthusiasm and passion for knowledge, @christina4! :heart_eyes: If you learn anything exciting from your generous friend, please feel free to share! It sounds like you’ve found a great teacher :books::sparkling_heart:

You are a very kind soul, @Susurrus! :blush: I am sure your friends will be delighted with the shirts- a specially-designed shirt is a great gift idea! :t-shirt::two_hearts: And of course best of luck with your meditation practice- it sounds like you are gaining confidence and doing great! Bravo! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.