Migraine/headache oil

Since I shared the peaceful sleep oil I thought maybe some of you could use this one. I haven’t had a migraine in over a month now and I use to get them daily! As soon as I feel a headache coming on or start getting the warning signs of a migraine I put a drop on each temple and then put it wherever you get your migraines. Mine are like a tight rubber band around my head so I put it across my forehead.

You can use a roller bottle or dropper bottle. I prefer the roller bottle for this one.

25 drops rosemary or Lavender EO (I use lavender)
10 drops ylang ylang EO
10 drops eucalyptus EO
10 drops peppermint EO
10 drops frankincense EO
Fill remainder of the bottle with choice of carrier oil. I prefer olive oil

Hope this helps any of you that suffer with headache or migraines! I know have my 9 year old grandson using it and my boyfriends daughter in law. It helps with all of our migraines and headaches.

25 Likes

I don’t get headaches often, but I despise them! I usually just use straight peppermint oil across my forehead, on my temples, and behind my ears… sometimes on the base of my skull. It’s so nice! I’ll have to try this!

10 Likes

I did want to jump in with some safety info on Essential Oils. While I love them and use them it’s important to use them safely. :pray:

Mods feel free to remove or edit this as appropriate.

General Safety Tips
  1. Dilution:

As a rule of thumb, essential oils should be diluted in a carrier substance (vegetable or nut oil, or water) at no greater concentration than 3-5%.

That means if you have one teaspoon (5cc) of carrier, you would add 3 drops of pure essential oil. This would make a 3% solution that could be used on a portion of the body.
(source)

or

Diluting at 1 percent is equivalent to adding 6 drops of essential oil to 1 ounce of carrier oil. Guidelines for safe concentrations vary by age and health condition.
(source)

1. Patch Test: Always perform a patch test before using a new essential oil. Apply a small amount of the diluted oil to a patch of skin (like the inner forearm) and wait 24 hours to check for any reaction.
  2. Avoid Sensitive Areas: Do not apply essential oils to sensitive areas like the eyes, ears, or mucous membranes.
  3. Quality: Use high-quality, pure essential oils from reputable sources to avoid synthetic additives and contaminants.

Essential Oils That Can Be Used Neat (Undiluted)

Some essential oils are considered safe to use directly on the skin in small amounts, although it’s still advisable to use caution and perform a patch test. These include:

• Lavender: Known for its calming and healing properties, lavender oil is often used undiluted for minor burns and insect bites.
  • Tea Tree: This oil has antimicrobial properties and can be used undiluted on acne, cuts, and fungal infections.
  • Frankincense: Often used for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties, frankincense can be applied directly to the skin for minor cuts and bruises.

Essential Oils That Must Be Diluted

Many essential oils can cause skin irritation or sensitization if used undiluted. These include, but are not limited to:

• Cinnamon: Very potent and can cause irritation and sensitization.
  • Clove: Can cause skin irritation if used undiluted.
  • Oregano: Strong and can be irritating to the skin.
  • Thyme: Can cause irritation and sensitization.
  • Lemongrass: Highly concentrated and can be irritating.
  • Peppermint: Cooling effect can be too strong if not diluted.
  • Bergamot: Can increase photosensitivity and cause skin reactions when exposed to sunlight.

Special Considerations

• Photosensitivity: Some essential oils, especially citrus oils like bergamot, lemon, lime, and grapefruit, can cause photosensitivity. Avoid sun exposure for at least 12 hours after applying these oils to the skin.
  • Allergic Reactions: Be aware of potential allergic reactions. If you have allergies, consult with a healthcare provider before using essential oils.
  • Pregnancy and Children: Pregnant women, nursing mothers, and young children should consult with a healthcare provider before using essential oils.
11 Likes

Thanks @Mystique for the recipe. I have bookmarked it for rhe future. It sounds like it is time for me to get some more essential oils…
@Artemisia thanks for thr safety suggestions
@AileyGrey i love peppermint it is the best👌

9 Likes

Yes! Agree! Thank you for posting this!

9 Likes

I have migraines this will be perfect thank you can’t wait to try it

9 Likes

Sorry you have migraines. They suck! Hope it works for you as good as it has worked for me!

9 Likes

Nice maybe someday I’ll have stuff to make oil :laughing:

9 Likes

Check your package on the front step babes!

9 Likes

I will when I stop home after work before class :smile: at work for two more hours before I can go home and change for class

9 Likes

Thank you this will come in handy.

10 Likes

You are very welcome! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

9 Likes

What was the peaceful sleep oil recipe??

10 Likes

https://forum.spells8.com/t/peaceful-dreams-oil/52192?u=mystique

10 Likes

Thanks!!! I heard that a sachet bag of amethyst…selenite and fluorite underneath your pillow prior to sleeping aids in better rest for the night.

11 Likes

I have a sachet also but it’s herbs and not crystals.

9 Likes

Lavender and…can’t remember the other one that works too.

10 Likes

Yes and I also have cloves, mugwort, peppermint and rose petals.

10 Likes

Nice :slightly_smiling_face:. Never worked with rose petals… sounds really soothing.

10 Likes

It smells so relaxing. I do need to freshen the herbs again. That’s why I like the oil better, I don’t have to refresh it until it’s gone. Lol

10 Likes