šŸ©¹ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Cures & Remedies

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Practicing with Nature :national_park:

After wandering through the wonderful world of natural magick, weā€™re digging deeper - looking past ailments to explore magickal cures :adhesive_bandage:

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge isā€¦

Remedies and Cures

:adhesive_bandage: :herb: Magickal Cures & Remedies :sake: :medical_symbol:

From wise women to herbalists, shamans to medicine men, village healers to grandmaā€™s home remedies and more - humans have a long history of home-based healing tied into spiritual and/or domestic practices. For the common cold, itchy skin, toothaches, and more - there are many folk remedies for small ailments.

As manifestors in tune with the natural flow of energy, witches often pick up cures of their own - be they magickal, mundane, or a mix of the two.

What magickal remedies are you familiar with? Are you ready to learn about new witchy cures? Get ready - itā€™s time to share wisdom and load up your magickal apothecary this week! :toolbox: :herb: :sparkles:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This weekā€™s challenge is all about magickal cures and remedies - how you choose to take on this theme is up to you.

So are you ready? Because itā€™sā€¦

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Disclaimer: This challenge and its entries explore traditional and modern magickal practices. The spellwork and wisdom shared here are not intended to replace the advice of a trained medical practitioner. Please be mindful of the needs of your unique body and consider consulting a trusted doctor before changing your current treatments.

Apothecary picture from Canva

STEP 1 : Magickal Cures :adhesive_bandage:

This challenge is all about magickal remedies and cures - but as always, feel free to explore the theme in a way that aligns with you and your unique practice.

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge.

Please make sure you are logged into your Spells8 Account so you can view all of the resources shared!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Curing Potions & Balms :purple_potion:

Anti-Anxietea-Spell-Potion-360x240
AntiAnxieTEA Spell Potion

All-Purpose-Healing-Salve-recipe-360x240
All Purpose Healing Salve

Amulets & Talismans for Health :spell_pouch:

Thyme Charm
Thyme to Be Healthy - Cold Protection Charm

Money-Magic-Rich-Funds-Ginkgo
Ginkgo Leaves to be Healthy and Wealthy

Healing Spells :magic_wand:

Sending-Healing-Energy-360x240
How to Send Healing Energy to Someone

Healing-Spell-for-Someone-thumb
Healing Candle Spell

Protection-and-Healing-Prayer-for-a-Cat-360x240
Healing Prayer for a Cat

Other Home Remedies :bowl_with_spoon:

Sinus-Clearing-Healing-Salt-Bowl-1-360x240
Sinus Clearing Healing Salt Bowl

Vital-Citrus-Spice-Tonic-Recpie-360x240
Vital Citrus Spice Tonic

Chamomile-and-Eucalyptus-Healing-Bath-Spells8-360x240
Chamomile and Eucalyptus Healing Bath

Related discussions and resources:

ā€¦ And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore magickal remedies in another way, you are welcome to do so!

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the challenge theme :star2:

Video by @Silverbear, shared in Mental Health Healing

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who donā€™t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click ā€œreplyā€ :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the ā€œchallenge-entryā€ tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, September 24 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)
2024-09-24T11:00:00Z

(Note that the time zone is ET- if you donā€™t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture by @TheMuslimWitch, shared in Migraine/Headhache Oil

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture by @Mistress_Of_Herbs, shared in Help dealing with an itch

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

A cut or scrape, a cough or cold-
Look to the folk remedies of old
The healing magick you accure
Can help you be as good as new!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be! :adhesive_bandage: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Oh my! Where to begin! I think Iā€™ll watch what others put up and add along the way, if thatā€™s OK. It means many small offerings rather than one challenge entry, but it may allow others to speak their minds so I donā€™t steal the wind from their sails.

9 Likes

Oh, Iā€™ve got two perfect things for this challenge! I need to decant my Ghost pipes tincture and decide how to test it but I also have needed a pain relief balm for nerve pain. Iā€™ve got Arnica and St. Johnā€™s wort that I might try in a balm. :thinking:

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to get my mother in on this one. Sheā€™ll say sheā€™s not a witch, but sheā€™s the potion queen. When I was sick, Iā€™d get well in 24 hours with her potions! Lol. I donā€™t know whether it was the taste or smell, but those bugs would legit out of me as soon as she walked in the door with her potions :rofl:

10 Likes

Oh my goddess, the timing of this one is perfect, teehee~! Iā€™ll try to see if I can think of something that can help with seasonal allergies and flu season

7 Likes

This is my entry:
At home I got spell tea from a witch store years ago
Its called sniffle tea it taste good itā€™s to cure the sniffles

7 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTREY

This migraine oil also helps with aches and pains. I use it on my fibromyalgia and it temporarily eases the pain.

https://forum.spells8.com/t/peaceful-dreams-oil/52192?u=mystique

This one helps with a good night sleep

6 Likes

:pink_heart: Challenge Entry :pink_heart:
After consulting my Herbal Magic book and doing some research, I have made this recipe that is meant to help with the flu. Feel free to adjust any of the ingredients if needed!

:hibiscus: :tea: Nhaamaā€™s Hibiscus Tea for the Autumn Flu :hibiscus: :tea:
1/4 cup of dried hibiscus flowers
1/4 cup of dried orange slices (can substitute with dried tangerine slices)
1 tsp of honey or ginger syrup
A few pinches of cinnamon

Instructions:
Add the dried hibiscus and dried orange/tangerine slices in a kettle over the stove. Let them simmer, but not for too long. Sieve the contents, pour the brew into your teacup, then add the honey/ginger syrup and cinnamon. Stir well with your favorite spoon, and enjoy. Pairs well with cookies and cakes :cookie: :cake:

Now, to break down each ingredient to explain why I chose them for this tea blend:

:hibiscus: Hibiscus :hibiscus:
I chose hibiscus due to it being rich in vitamin C and iron. Hibiscus helps with your immune system and helps fight bacteria, making it easier for you to recover from colds and the flu.

:tangerine: Oranges/Tangerines :tangerine:
Rich in vitamin C, calcium, potassium, these citrusy friends are known to boost the immune system, which is vital for fighting off harmful bacteria. They also aid with iron consumption and improve cognitive function.

:honey_pot: Honey :honey_pot:
Along with being a natural sweetener, honey is antibacterial, an antioxidant agent, and helps regulate blood sugar levels. Plus, honey in tea is just delicious, so why wouldnā€™t you add it to your teacup? :pink_heart:

:herb: Ginger :herb:
Ginger is a commonly used ingredient to aid in healing, and for good reason! They are great for treating the flu and common cold, as well as improve digestive health, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain. Ginger has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, all of which are essential in combating the flu and common cold. It also promotes digestive health and helps with nausea.

:brown_heart: Cinnamon :brown_heart:
Cinnamon is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, antimicrobial, anticancer, lipid-lowering, and cardiovascular-disease-lowering compound. Adding cinnamon to tea helps fight off infections and reduce cramps. No wonder it is a popular spice among witches and healers alike!

6 Likes

I ha always suffered with ear infections. To relieve the pain i use a pancake. Sounds interesting doesnā€™t it. All you have to do is make a flour and water pancake, they are like rubber when they are cooked. You can also add any herbsthat you would like. I suggest lavender for itā€™s calming sent or maybe eucalyptus leaf for its sinus opening affect. Place the pancake in a tea towel, to prevent burning, and place that against your ear. The moist heat helps break up the gunk in your ear and relieves the pressure.

3 Likes

Challenge Entry 1a - Cures & Remedies

Inspired by a post by @BryWisteria about Ghost Pipes I was able to find some at the right time to harvest a little bit.

I chopped them up and put them in 100% vodka and let them infuse for several weeks.

I had actually forgotten about them until I was reminded in that thread just in time for this challenge. :herb:

Today I decanted them and strained out the solids left over.

Then I put them into a dropper bottle with a label. Iā€™ll test it out tonight with an extremely low dose to see how it works for my nerve and skeletal pain.

3 Likes

Weekly Challenge - Cures & Remedies
A Self Altar

My copy of Chronically Magickal: navigating chronic illness with witchcraft, 2024, by Danielle Dionne just arrived and I found this idea for self-care when you are not feeling well. Build yourself a self altar.

You will need:

• A picture of yourself or a mirror you can gaze into
  • Representations of your accomplishments or what makes you special that will remind you of who you are and what you have already accomplished (awards, resumes, etc.)
  • Candles, stones, herbs, curios, or animal images significant to you (but not spirits or deities)
  • Offerings to yourself (consumables you enjoy such as candy, lotions, soaps, sleep charms, special tea blends, cookies, foods, or tokens)
  • Altar cloth.
  1. Select a location that you frequent often.
  2. Cleanse the space with sacred smoke, spray, wash or oil.
  3. Place the altar cloth. Put the picture or mirror in the center, and then arrange the other items until it pleases you.
  4. Consecrate the altar in your name. Speaking from the heart, say: I consecrate and bless this altar to be a sacred space where I honor myself. May I hear and clearly know my highest self and wisest self. May I be empowered by any and all work accomplished here for the highest healing good. So mote it be.
  5. Take a moment at least once a day to look at yourself.
    Use the altar as a source of power for you.
    If you have a tarot deck on the altar, pull a card for guidance.
    Your altar can be a place to say affirmations or daily intentions.
    Use it to send healing to and from yourself.
    Charge items such as your magical jewelry.
    Celebrate your birthday or other auspicious days at your altar.
    Remember to consume the treats on your altar, they are for you!
3 Likes

Oh my goodness, I love this idea! All of it, offerings to yourself, the consecration, pulling a tarot card daily for guidanceā€¦ Such a lovely idea! Thank you for sharing :heart:

3 Likes

I started gathering a few items for my self altar.
The owls are made of matte photo paper and are of course hollow, so I am going to put my current tiny spell jars in them and no one will be the wiser, hehe! :laughing:
I havenā€™t picked a special spot for the alter yet. :thinking:

3 Likes

I love that! Itā€™s similar to how I do my self-love altar :pink_heart:

3 Likes

Hmmā€¦ :thinking: I think for this challenge I may get the ingredients I need to make fire cider this weekend. Iā€™ve been meaning to do it for a literal year, at least, so this might be the right push I need to finally get it done! :clap:

2 Likes

Challenge Entry 1b - Cures & Remedies

I decided to make a general muscle and joint pain relief balm using Arnica (for inflammation and bruising), St. Johnā€™s Wort (for nerve pain), and Cayenne pepper (natural warming agent to ease muscle tension) in coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax. I added peppermint, lavender, and eucalyptus essential oils for their pain relief and anti-inflammatory benefits.

Looking forward to trying this out tonight. Since Iā€™ve got my supplies still out I might see if I can come up with another recipe.