(Mirror Spell) Quick Question 🤔

I just consecrated a mirror with this spell:

I’m wondering if I have to write the words on the actual mirror or could I write the words on a post it note and tape it on the back? That’ll still work, right?

15 Likes

You can write it on a piece of paper and attach it on the back side. So the mirror can be used for another spell such like this. Also, any assistance you need in the matter, just let me know. I don’t mind to get my hands a little dirty. Magickaly speaking.

11 Likes

Ok thanks so much!!!

10 Likes

I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. It sounds like it would.

9 Likes

Agreed!

Unless it actually messes with your confidence that the spell will work. E.g. you are halfway through your ritual and there’s a voice in the back of your head telling you “if you don’t actually write it, it won’t work!!”

In that case write on the mirror. You can always paint over it later. The point being, don’t let a material thing shape your internal dialogue.

12 Likes

I agree with @Francisco maybe you could write it in window chalk like they use on car windows and stuff?

11 Likes

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense! I didn’t have that voice but I thought it held the same meaning because it’s technically still on the back of the mirror.

6 Likes

@phoenix_dawn ~ Ah, window chalk! Brilliant! I need to buy some. :smiley:

4 Likes

@BrightBear you can always use lipstick or eyeliner too lol.

4 Likes

There are a few different things you can do, in my opinion. For example, you could still use the mirror spell from Spells8 as long as you have a window in your apartment. Just do the spell at the window instead of going outside.

You can also place a mirror in each of your windows with a sigil on the back of it to reflect any baneful magick back to the sender. You can include the stipulation that if the same energy gets bounced multiple times, then it will instead be dispersed rather than sent back to the sender. I hope that makes sense :sweat_smile: It makes sense in my head!

I would also do general wards of your apartment, too. You can create a talisman to leave at your front door, or even get a door decoration that doubles as a protective talisman.

I think layering protections is a great idea, especially if you suspect that someone is targeting you. Adding a Hamsa or Nazaar would be fine!

5 Likes

I made a sight error with my links, this Hexenspeigal spell with lemon and 3 white candles attracted me because of the syntax of the spell poetry which I felt was quite beautiful and assertive but came from a place of love. @MeganB I like your idea of adding a sigil or protective symbol such as a Celtic Knot; on the back, or the words “inside and out, front and back, bounce and banish, never come back” from the Spells8 mirror spell.

Question: Correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming OK to mix parts of spells, (for example Hex-Reversal Spells8 with Hexenspeigel (or would this make them less effective)?

One last question: Can mirrors be used to deflect through walls or floors?
For example, would putting a small mirror face down under a bed deflect any harmful energy safely away from me and back to the sender?

Thanks to everyone here for really helpful advice
Blessed Be!

5 Likes

If it’s okay if I jump in, I would vote a strong yes for this! I’m a big fan of spell adaptation and customization- examining spells to find which piece is for which purpose, taking what you need, and building your own spells is a great practice.

It’s awesome when you can find a pre-made spell for what you need, but situations in life can be very unique and nuanced- a spell adapted or designed specifically for your situation (acknowledging the location, people, timing, and overall circumstances) tends to work better and be more easily directed (at least in my experience!) :grinning:

I would say that, as long as you are aware of the purpose and meaning of each part you are taking (and the pieces you are leaving behind- I’d urge you not to leave out things meant to protect you or the spell recipient!), then yes! Feel free to mix and match spell parts to design your own custom spell :+1: :sparkles:

Mirrors are often believed to be gateways to other dimensions, as such, they are tied to that which goes beyond the physical realm. They are also popular in hex reversals and Return to Sender Spells- spells that, usually, would be coming from a distance.

In this way, I would say yes- you could use mirrors to bypass physical obstacles :+1: Just my personal thoughts on it though- I don’t tend to use mirrors in magick very often these days! Those more specialized in mirror magick may have other thoughts for you :blush:

Good luck and blessed casting, Marcus! :sparkles:

6 Likes

I really like this! :clap: I think it’s assertive and straight to the point. It gets the message and intent across in a simple way.

I would imagine so! I think at this point you would just be creating your own spell with parts of others as inspiration. There’s nothing wrong with that!

I’m with @BryWisteria on this one. I wouldn’t think a mirror would need to be placed on a window specifically, or somewhere the mirror can be seen.

3 Likes

@MeganB @BryWisteria @Francisco

Would this type of Protective mirror spell, (and/or other protective spells from the Spells8 site) offer effective protection for someone that has likely been “tag-locked” with negative magic?

I have a friend who believes she has been targeted with dark magic from an anti-social housemate in her shared house… (I would give more specific details but perhaps it would be safer to do this in a forum/post that can’t be viewed by non-members?).

I was thinking of creating a protective hand mirror for her, Is this something a Baby W**ch could do, or would it be better to hire some one with more experience?

I have learned so much from you all in a relatively short time. Much heartfelt thanks for freely sharing your experience and wisdom here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, protective magic can work against spells where someone has been taglocked. However, you have to make sure your friend does a cleansing and banishing, first. This can remove the curse, and it may take several tries before removing it completely depending on the witch that cast it. After the curse is removed, protection magic will be vital to keep the other person from working magic against them in the future.

I also recommend a return-to-sender spell. This acts as a mirror, as well, reflecting back whatever the person sent to your friend. I just wrote one for Spells8, actually, so this is perfect timing!

5 Likes

Hi, can I offer a suggestion. As you’re being targeted with baneful magic, I have a book that’s very good. It’s all about baneful Magick written by a bruja. She practices all types, dark and light, but she does have several defense spells using mirror, freezer and incense. Here’s a screenshot of the book. If you’re interested I can screenshot some spells and send them to you. Use the sacred space, if you’re uncomfortable them being posted on here. They are baneful in part in that they reverse the attack by throwing it back to the sender, so you need to be 100% sure you know who the attack is coming from. They are protection and reversal spells. I think the book is a good read as it explains how baneful magic works so we can recognise it and protect ourselves. Sadly there are people out there that have bad intention and we have to defend ourselves and loved ones.
I hope the spells Return to sender on the app works. I’ve never used mirror magic but I’ve heard it’s potent stuff. Praying for you lovely, sorry @marcus1 that you’re dealing with negative energy.

5 Likes

Hello @marcus1,

You’ve already got some great advice from Megan and Tracy about protective spellwork. I second what they’ve already said and can think of just one more idea you might consider- similar to what Megan said about removing the curse, it’s attempting to break the current tag-lock.

If you know how they are using the tag-lock (be it a piece of hair, clothing, name, poppet, etc) you could design or adapt a spell to target that connection and break it. Focus on the link and either mentally (or physically, with a set-up similar to a Cord Cutting Spell), break the link they are using by reclaiming what was taken as the tag-lock. If you choose to use this route, I would be sure to clarify during the spell that you are not breaking or cutting the “tag” itself, but simply this person’s ability to use it :scissors:

When the link is broken and they no longer have a hold, use that chance to layer on the protective spellwork- both protecting your friend and preventing their attacker from making another tag-lock :lock

Wishing you and your friend all the best, Marcus- blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hiya folks,
Questions from a “baby wit ch” newbie here:

I am interested in this spell because one of my friends seem to be under psychic attack (her housemates appear to be using baneful magic against her).

I believe they are using one or more of her personal items (for example plant at front of shared building entrance) to target her (Tag lock). I can give more details in this or a separate post if needed.

1. In terms of casting this defensive mirror spell I would need access to somewhere private outdoors during the night. Unfortunately because of where I live this is not really possible (I live in a 1 bed upstairs apartment with no garden or outdoor area, and the local park would not be a safe place to do this, especially after dark whaen the moon would be out. Are there any variations to this spell that could be safely done indoors? For example I saw this mirror spell that works with incense instead of the moon: The Magic of Mirrors: How to Block Negative Energy - Keen Articles (Uses incence)

or this, which uses a black candle with a mirror? : 5 Ways To Protect Yourself From Black Magic

Could the mirror spell from this website be adapted to use incense instead of the waning moon light, or perhaps there is another solution you recommend?

1. This is a minor concern, as any defensive magic I cast I want to avoid escalating any conflicts or acquiring negative “karma”. I am assuming that a mirror spell works similar to a Tibetan Melang mirror: Melong - Wikipedia or Feng Shui Pa Kua/Bagua mirror (Feng Shui Bagua (Pa Kua) Mirror and Its Usage ), According my my understanding of Feng Shui it is a form of “sympathetic magic”? where positioning of certain objects in certain places of the home/workplace attract that kind of energy in life, a sort of “as above, so below” kind of thing. Right?)

I have heard from a Feng Shui consultant that these Pa Kua mirrors can potentially cause disharmony and conflict with neighbors who may resent negative energy deflected towards them and may potentially cause or escalate a “psychic war”.

This is possibly unlikely but one concern with this deflect and return to sender x3 type mirror spell is the potential to increase and escalate conflict (For example what if the neighbors that I suspect are using baneful magic against me have their own mirror defense spell and the energy continues to multiple?

Would an “evil eye”or Hamsa hand work as a good substitute or addition to mirror protection magik? Evil Eye Protection Charms: The Ultimate Guide – Buddha & Karma

This post is a bit longer than I hoped so well done and thanks if you made it to the end. Any advice much appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @marcus1,

Those are some great questions! It’s clear that you are putting a lot of thought and care into your spellwork, and I respect that. It sounds like you’ve got the solid bones of a spell already and just need to work out the final details- I’d be happy to share my thoughts in hopes of helping you put the final pieces in place! :jigsaw: :grinning:

Absolutely! Do you have access to a window in your space? If you can open the window, you will have created your own personal channel to the outdoors- no need to go outside. Even keeping the window closed will be okay- many witches (myself included!) make moon water from indoors. I view the glass as simply a protective barrier preventing mundane interferences (like pesky bugs or wind blowing my glass off the ledge, etc). The energy of the moonlight can still enter your space and charge whatever spell, ritual, or crafting you are doing.

I know I mentioned before that I’m a big supporter of adapting spells to suit one’s needs, so I don’t think anyone would be surprised if I say yes to this too! If you like both spells, feel free to use one but substitute pieces (such as swapping the moonlight out for the incense) of the second to make the spell suit exactly your situation and needs :+1:

Forgive me as I’m not very familiar with Pa Kua mirrors, but from what you’ve said this sounds like it would only be a problem if both: 1. the energy is being intentionally directed towards the neighbors, and 2. the neighbors become aware of the energy and knew where it is coming from.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying “do it because you’re likely to get away with it” (lol), but rather: why not direct the mirror’s energy elsewhere? Mirrors are complex tools that can connect people across many miles, times, and even planes of existence. They are gateways and portals that can go much farther than that which is in sight with the naked eye.

As you set up the mirror for the spell, set the intention that any negative energy absorbed go deep into the galaxy, an uninhabited area, or back to the Earth to purify and cleanse, in a way that wouldn’t harm anyone. This way, you are “recycling” the energy in a way that wouldn’t cause strife or hard feelings.

Again, these are just my thoughts offered up for your consideration- I hope that, whatever you choose to do with your mirror spell, that it works wonderfully for you! Wishing you all the best, Marcus- blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes