My Fairy Door 🧚🏽‍♂️

A while back, I posted a diy on how to make a fairy door…

So, I finally made one with my kids! I’ll be placing it in our garden today.

Here it is:

Look at the door knob and key hole!! :smiling_face::two_hearts:
And, yes the door opens!!!
Do you think they’ll like it?

Have you ever made a fairy door or better yet, a fairy house??

16 Likes

How cute!!! I love your homemade fairy door!

My daughter has one (along with a mailbox) where she sends letters and I write back as her dairy (Sophie). Do you think that’s offensive to the fae? :grimacing:

7 Likes

It’s cute. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Very cute, they’ll love it! It looks perfect for a little steampunk fairy, what with all the gears and all.

8 Likes

I have no idea. I wouldn’t think so, because it’s for a good purpose! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

ADORABLE! :yellow_heart: I have made many fairy gardens at my cottage over the years. I will post pictures, I usually get the furniture from garden stores. I love your door and I wish I was handy enough to DIY my own because it adds such an authentic look, maybe if you make more you could upload tutorials :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Beautiful pictures of your little garden. It’s very cute!

5 Likes

@avery
Are they real mushrooms, andif so, do you know if they are edible?
Last 2 years or so, got quite a few in our garden. Where are the gnomes?:sweat_smile::joy_cat:

5 Likes

@Amethyst
“Steampunk fairy”
I was going to say that!

6 Likes

@christina4 :sunflower:
I absolutely love this! Your fairy door :door: is so cute it’s "A-DOOR-ABLE " (lol) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs:
:butterfly: making fairy houses and their accessories happens to be one of my favorite things to do with my creative energy. :wilted_flower: I like to make them from recycled materials like cardboard, old toys, used containers and wood, sticks, rocks, and stones that I find outside or recycled from items that would otherwise be thrown away. :mushroom:
Here is a pic of a small door I recently made and will be putting at the bottom of a small tree in my back yard:

And here is a house that I recently finished (it unscrews on the bottom to turn fairy lights on and off):

And a house that Is almost finished (I want to add some bling and a couple more little details):

And here is a cute TeePee and fire pit that I just adore:

I have made a lot of little fairy houses and things over the years. I love getting lost in the magical world of fairies! :butterfly: :mushroom: :sunflower:
-much love and many blessings

10 Likes

Very creative and lovely

6 Likes

Very cute fairy home there @moonshadow!

5 Likes

Ta-dah! Oh look at how cute the door is- your fairy door turned out beautifully, @Christina4! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Great job to you and your kids- what a fun craft to do together :heart:

Look at those fairy gardens @avery- gorgeous! :heart_eyes: The unicorn and butterflies are very nice touches :unicorn: :butterfly:

So cute @Moonshadow! That is so thoughtful that you make them with recycled materials- not only lovely, but sustainable as well! :recycle: :earth_africa: :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

That’s so beautiful! I was thinking of making one with some found objects I have.

6 Likes

What!!? That is crafty!!! I’m loving your skills!!!

7 Likes

I love looking at your pictures :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you!! :blush:

6 Likes

The white puff ball mushrooms on the stump are real! I have no idea whether they are edible or not though. We have a gnome but not near any of the fairy gardens​:mushroom::four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

Thank you :yellow_heart::sparkles:

6 Likes

I painted a few birdhouses that I use in my fairy garden

8 Likes