My first corn dolly

I am pretty proud of my doll dedicated to Brigid. I wanted to share with you all.

15 Likes

Wonderful job! She looks great! I still have make my knot, but I have to find something to make it out of first. With the weather the way it’s been here & I wasn’t able to get into the backyard to get some beach grass. I’m going to try it with some twine I think.

We didn’t have any husked corn in the produce section, so I couldn’t try to use those.

3 Likes

Wonderful job :flame: She is absolutely beautiful!

4 Likes

Go to the ethnic section and buy tamale wrappers which are the same as corn husks.

7 Likes

Oh, thank you! I never would have thought of that! Perfect!

5 Likes

Great dolly! She looks wonderful!

6 Likes

It looks lovely! Well done and Happy Imbolc! :sparkles:

6 Likes

She is absolutely lovely, @InkandSplashes! :heart_eyes: You did a great job- and I love how her hair came out, so cute! :two_hearts:

Happy Imbolc to all celebrating! :green_heart: :corn: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

TOTALLY AGREE @InkandSplashes … I love the Tamale wrappers… they seem to stay flat and curl less. I have tried to work with my own saved sweet corn husks and they need a lot of fussing to keep them from curling.

6 Likes

I love how it turned out! It looks great!!! :blush:

7 Likes

Wow! Came out adorable! I’m sure Brigid is thrilled.

6 Likes

Wow! Never would have thought of that either! Thank you

6 Likes

Looking good. I used tamale wraps for my skirt on mine and used raffia for the body. Didn’t add hair of a face as I was looking for the rustic look. Great job!!!

6 Likes