My first corn dolly

I am pretty proud of my doll dedicated to Brigid. I wanted to share with you all.

18 Likes

Wonderful job! She looks great! I still have make my knot, but I have to find something to make it out of first. With the weather the way it’s been here & I wasn’t able to get into the backyard to get some beach grass. I’m going to try it with some twine I think.

We didn’t have any husked corn in the produce section, so I couldn’t try to use those.

4 Likes

Wonderful job :flame: She is absolutely beautiful!

5 Likes

Go to the ethnic section and buy tamale wrappers which are the same as corn husks.

8 Likes

Oh, thank you! I never would have thought of that! Perfect!

6 Likes

Great dolly! She looks wonderful!

7 Likes

It looks lovely! Well done and Happy Imbolc! :sparkles:

7 Likes

She is absolutely lovely, @InkandSplashes! :heart_eyes: You did a great job- and I love how her hair came out, so cute! :two_hearts:

Happy Imbolc to all celebrating! :green_heart: :corn: :two_hearts:

6 Likes

TOTALLY AGREE @InkandSplashes … I love the Tamale wrappers… they seem to stay flat and curl less. I have tried to work with my own saved sweet corn husks and they need a lot of fussing to keep them from curling.

7 Likes

I love how it turned out! It looks great!!! :blush:

8 Likes

Wow! Came out adorable! I’m sure Brigid is thrilled.

8 Likes

Wow! Never would have thought of that either! Thank you

8 Likes

Looking good. I used tamale wraps for my skirt on mine and used raffia for the body. Didn’t add hair of a face as I was looking for the rustic look. Great job!!!

8 Likes

I really like the yarn hair as well as the hands clasped in front which really gives her the air of being very real. I’m sure the Goddess is very happy with your creation. It’s lovely.

7 Likes