New edition to the family

Hi just wanted to share our newest edition to our family. He is a 11 month old macaw I have had for a week now and is super cute! :kissing_smiling_eyes: He says hello, steps up when asked, can shake hands and say ‘assalam alikom’ which is hello in arabic, and coos at himself when looking at the mirror… I have also heard him copy me say what you doing and good boy. He has adapted well considering I am his third owner and although is cheeky and very messy he even allows me to pat him when I ask to pat after giving him some walnuts and will squawk for attention and sometimes just wants to be sitting on your shoulder.
So here he is:

I was told no one called him by a name so I decided to call him blue…:blush:

16 Likes

He’s beautiful! Congratulations!

12 Likes

How fun! Love his coloring. Congrats! :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

He’s lovely! I hope he gets to enjoy himself & his new family :hugs: Beautiful boy! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Oh, I love parrots. Congratulations!

8 Likes

Awww Khadija, your little feathery and colourful friend is sooooo beautiful! Hello Blue!! :blue_heart: :face_holding_back_tears: I guess I will die with my wish to have a pet someday…:rofl: :laughing: Please say hii to him by my side and ohh, please do give him lots of tasty walnuts too! :hugs: :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Birds freak me out :rofl: but he’s very cute!

8 Likes

Hello Blue! Beautiful bird with his blue, green, yellow, black, and white markings! :blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::white_heart:

10 Likes

beautiful! congratulations!

9 Likes

How lovely what a beutiful macow.

8 Likes

What a cutie! :parrot:

8 Likes

Hello Blue! :blue_heart: :parrot: :blush:

He’s gorgeous, @TheMuslimWitch- congrats on the new member of the family! It sounds like he already made his way into your heart. Give him a pat from me, please (if he’s okay with it!) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you :blush: We are still learning together and recently blue has become more alert like suddenly not wanting to physically be touched unless he wants to go out of his room to explore the house. I thinking that he is bored even with my company everyday. he has a nice big window to look out of that i have set his cage up next to, but as the previous owner explained to me, it takes time to bond.

7 Likes

Thank you :blush:

7 Likes

Me too :blush: I cant tell you he is well cared for but since the previous owner said to make sure he bonds with me first as his official owner, i tend to keep him with me so once he trusts me more he can trust the rest of the family. I do not want to overwhelm him as it is hard enough gaining his complete trust by myself let alone everyone :blush:

7 Likes

Thanks they are wonderful birds with big personalities. As we speak he is trying to destroy my laptop and is also having a go at the lamp lol :laughing:

7 Likes

Thank you and never say never i am sure one day you will find the perfect one for you. Macaws i can tell you are a lot of work and require soooo much cleaning and attention. Honestly it is like having a 5th baby but messier lol :laughing:

7 Likes

Thank you and yes same goes for hubby even my local vet too. He can get snappy if he doesn’t want to be touched and i have heard their bite has been said to be as powerful as a lion bite… :worried: I think it is all about trust, balance and showing whos boss, but if i am honest he thinks he is boss lol :laughing:

7 Likes

Thank you yes he is my favourite type of macaw… :parrot:

8 Likes

Thank you hun :heart:

7 Likes