New treasures to Show You

I use them in rituals & as a decoration on my altar. I have them in varying sizes & types on my altar & around it.

Thank you @IrisW! I love finding seashells!

7 Likes

I love the gay dolphin, there’s always cool stuff in there.
I used to play D&D, haven’t in a while.:grin:

6 Likes

Finally got round to photographing the shell I found…

7 Likes

Oh @IrisW that is an amazing shell & so perfect too! Great find! :heart: :shell:

6 Likes

How did I not see this!!!??? That’s so cool!!! :dragon::dragon_face::dragon:

4 Likes

I found a sand dollar at the beach this weekend!!

And my lovely non-witchy husband has started picking up seashells he thinks I might like when he’s fishing. He found these two on a sandbar.

8 Likes

So nice! And it’s lovely your hubby is finding things for you, that’s sweet!

7 Likes

It was so cute! He came up and whispered “I have something for you” and pulled the yellow striped one out of his pocket. About an hour later, he came up with the white clam shell and was “look it’s white like you” (it’s an inside joke that I’m as white as can be because of my ancestry results - 66% Irish, 24% Scottish, 10% Wales). It was the first time he ever picked up shells for me and made me smile. He could have brought me any old shell and it would have never me happy.

6 Likes

Aww, that’s so sweet of him. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You’ve got a winner @Amaris_Bane!

6 Likes

I am lucky. :heart_eyes: He spoils me on a regular basis and gives into my whims, lol. He even will now ask if I can use something before throwing things away!

6 Likes

Your ancestry results are fairly similar to mine. Read them and said to myself “so I’m really really white then” :rofl:

Scotland 63%

England & Northwestern Europe 12%

Ireland 11%

Wales 7%

Sweden 4%

Germanic Europe 3%

7 Likes

Haha! The joke comes because he’s adopted and was told he was half Mexican and half Sioux. My mom is also adopted but we were fairly certain she was of Irish descent. All three of us have done ancestry DNA testing. My mom is 98% Irish, the rest I got from my dad. My husband turned out to be 29% English, 27% Indigenous People - North Mexico/South Texas region, 19% Scottish, 9% Irish, 7% Spanish, 3% Portuguese, 3% Cameroon/Congo/Western Bantu, 1% Nigerian, 1% Jewish, 1% South Italian, in his words “I’m a mutt.”

When I got my results, he goes “surprise, your white” so now he likes to make jokes about how white I am. It doesn’t help that I am literally the color of the white crayon because I can’t tan, lol.

7 Likes

I have a lot Europe in my DNA. English, Scottish, Irish, Wales, then Italy, Greece, Balkan, Germanic Europe, Switzerland. I’m quite the mix. My highest numbers are from the UK. I did a test that traces my DNA to the Ice Age & the islands of Cyprus & Devon. It even breaks down into the H Haplogroup.

5 Likes

I do tan, if I’m very careful, but I’m mostly happy being my natural pale!

My dog Sherlock’s DNA results definitely make him a mutt.

39% Rottweiler
22% Border Collie
14% Siberian Husky
13% Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
6% Magyar Agar
2% Croatian Shepherd Dog
2% Weimaraner
1% Anatolian Shepherd Dog
1% Pyranean Mastiff

6 Likes

@IrisW, Oh, I meant I CAN’T tan, lol! I go outside without sunblock and I’m a lobster within 10 minutes. I’ve tried to tan and it doesn’t do anything.

I had both of my pitties DNA tested out of curiosity. Wilson, my old man, is American Staffordshire terrier and American pit bull terrier so 100% “pit bull” breeds. Cobalt, my mama’s boy, is 85% mix of the same plus some boxer. And that little bit of boxer makes him taller but also shows up in his behaviors. He runs like a boxer and likes to paw a lot! But they are both the biggest babies.

Cobalt with Nibbler (the boss of the house):

Wilson, our dash dog, lol:

@Susurrus, that is so cool! I have a BS in biology with a minor in genetics and then did MS in biochemistry with a focus on molecular biology so genetics is a fascination with me. It amazes me at how much information is encoded in our genes.

8 Likes

I thought that run of my DNA was awesome. It breaks it down for you & will show you ancestral migration & your motherline.

We had our fur babies done too. I have 1 that is a Blue Nose American Staffordshire Terrier & my other one is Rottweiler & American Staffordshire Terrier. We adopted both of them from yucky situations. The first was kept in a cage in a basement for 14 hours a day or just in the basement with his owner & with a cereal bowl of food & the same type bowl for water. He only went outside to go to the bathroom. When we got him he was under weight so for a little while He got more frequent smaller meals. He was about a year & a half old when we got him. The other one lived outside with a semi “lean to” made out of cardboard. They put his food on the ground when they put the puppies on dry food. He was the runt so would eat as fast as he could & get sick. They kept him separated from the mother & father after they were weaned. The mother actually was inside. The males stayed outside. He was about 12 weeks when we got him. Neither one of them will go near water unless they are drinking it. They are big cuddle bugs & very in tune to how I am doing. Along with the rest of the family too. They love carrots :carrot::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I had Sherlock tested because he’s a rescue and curiosity got the better of me :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Both are boys are rescues. Cobalt was found wandering the streets in Dallas and the Pit Bull rescue we support pulled him from the shelter. He was 4 months old and had a horrible skin infection. We thought we was pit and great dane at first so I was thinking I was going to end up with a mini horse!

Wilson was owner surrendered to a high kill shelter in horrible condition. Good skin was so infected and inflamed they didn’t realize he was underweight because of all the fluid build up. He has almost no teeth because he was kept in metal cages and he e would chew on them to get out. He has many bad habits that we are working on as a result. He gets into the trash and counter surfs looking for food. He’s not house broken and at 11 yo, that may not change do he gets diapers whenever we leave the house. He’s super clingy as he’s never had affection before.

I love both goobers. And they love carrots too!

6 Likes

I’ve seen his picture and would have never guessed some of those breeds! But mutts make the best pets!!

6 Likes

Oh, both of my boys can be really clingy. More recently to me, the runt (Moonshine or Moo) stays with me all day like a shadow. The blue nose (Alphie) will stay with me during the day, right next to me. & if I am having high pain or anxiety day, they are just about on top of me. They both have their own emotional issues from where they came from too. They have gotten better, but they still have their quirks. :heart: :dog:

6 Likes