New wreath for the front door

Finally finished making the wreath I wanted for the front door. It took over a week to figure out the design I wanted. There’s a leaf from my clary Sage I grow, a chunk of raw obsidian we found in the yard, and a goose feather.

19 Likes

Beautiful!

8 Likes

This is quit nice @Raven-Wolf, very original but different in it’s own way.

8 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous wreath, @Raven-Wolf! May the protective properties of the sage and obsidian help to protect your home :house: :shield: :blush:

May I ask if there are also any specific properties of the key and feathers you hope to draw on? :old_key: :raven: Either way they are all wonderful additions and the wreath looks amazing! Thanks for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

This is beautiful! A work of art!

7 Likes

Yes, the key for physical and metaphysical protection and enlightenment. The goose feathers are for creativity and synchronicity. I tend to add odd things into my art as well as my magical creations, I draw from knowledge I’ve gathered over the years about spirit animals, correspondences, and the properties of every day objects.

6 Likes

That’s amazing, Raven- some very powerful symbolism indeed! Thank you so much for sharing :pray::heart:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome. I try to share what knowledge I have, though sometimes it gets stuck in my head and I can’t get it written or even spoken.

5 Likes

This is lovely.

I’m thinking of putting a wreath together to be updated with the changing seasons and sabbats. I think I’ve still got the ring from a past Christmas wreath, but feel a trip to Hobby Craft may be in order. I went for the first time at the weekend and felt like I was in crafters heaven!

6 Likes

That’s creative!! I love it! By the way, you have random crystals in your backyard?? :scream: I’d love to find crystals anywhere near me!!! Lol

6 Likes

Nice work & creativity! I think you did a lovely job on it! Perfection.

5 Likes

Wow! Totally magical! You rock!

5 Likes

Where we live used to be populated by Native Americans, we’ve found a lot of raw obsidian here. We also find a lot of clink glass, which is the result of melting glass and metals. So we have to make sure we look at it closely to determine which it is.

The obsidian was traded down the eastern coast of the US after being brought here by Leif Ericson, during one of the trades he had done with the indigenous people of the Northeast US.

Sorry for the history lesson lol

7 Likes

That’s amazing, @Raven-Wolf :heart_eyes: Crystals hold a wealth of natural power and their own stories for sure, but it is really cool to be able to hold one that also ties into local history :gem: How lucky to have such treasures right in your backyard! :blush:

5 Likes

I love this! So creative!

5 Likes