Not Feeling Energy from Crystals

Good evening everyone. I was wondering, does size matter with crystals? I don’t feel like I feel the energy that everyone else does. I’m drawn to crystals, but I don’t necessarily feel anything. I have amethyst all around my room, but I can have some messed up sleep. I don’t know if last month it was from the retrograde and full moons, but my sleep was definitely everywhere. However, I don’t have any what I would call medium or large pieces of crystals. So I didn’t know if that was supposed to matter or if maybe I have felt their energy for so long that I don’t notice when I do anymore. I just know what I would like to wear or have around me. Any insight would be much appreciated.

7 Likes

I’m the same @Susurrus! I try to charge my crystals but don’t feel much.

4 Likes

Someone may have some insight to our weirdness around crystals. I’ve had them most of my life, so I wonder if I just grew accustomed to them.

4 Likes

Too true. My Dad used to buy me crystals from different places when I was a kid. Like you said, it may be that I’m too used to them.

4 Likes

From my own personal experience, it’s not the size of the crystal that matters but how you connect with each individual stone. I have two shards of aquamarine that fell off of a bracelet and I love them dearly- despite beginning teeny tiny crystals smaller than peas! :laughing:

There could be a mountain of pieces of amethyst all with the same properties, but one person might connect with all of them or just one piece. Like every person is unique, so too is each and every crystal.

That’s not to say that you can’t connect with your current stones just because you didn’t immediately resonate with them- it’s worth a try! Cleansing them, meditating on them, carrying them with you during the day, moving them to a different location (seeing them in a new light), and using them to scry are all methods one can use to connect with a crystal.

House of Intuition has a nice guide about Selecting and Connecting with Crystals that offers more advice (the information on connecting begins halfway down the page).

We are blessed with many crystals experts here in the forums- @Missa and @Christina4 come to mind immediately but I know there are lots- thoughts, everyone? :gem::grin:

6 Likes

Thank you, once I get my computer back I will definitely check out the article. I have meditated with a few of them based on the guided meditations. So maybe I will try that again since I have charged and cleansed them since the last time that I did it.

5 Likes

Amethyst can keep you awake. For others it helps with sleep. (Personally, I get energized) but size does matter when trying to connect with the energy of crystals.
If you have a small crystal and want to feel it’s energy, first center yourself by taking a few deep breaths, rub your hands together fast like you’re warming them up. Then enclose the crystal in your hands. Like you’re cupping it. Close your eyes and just sit with the energy of the crystal.
This is what I learned. I wouldn’t tell you anything that wasn’t backed by science. :wink:
If that doesn’t help, maybe it’s not time for you to use this particular crystal. Try another one.
I recommend howlite, it alleviates stress and aids insomnia.
Moonstone, reduces emotional tension.
Rose quartz, promotes calmness.
Lepidolite, for self love.
Try one of these or all of them.
You may place them under your pillow or nearby where you sleep.
I hope this helps and I wish you a peaceful sleep.
You could also try herbs in a pouch with the crystals like lavender or chamomile.

6 Likes

I don’t think it is so much size that matters when it comes to crystals. You do have to cleanse them and dedicate them to their purpose. And repeat the cleansing from time to time… If the stone is not water soluble I usually run mine in the tap and recite “I cleanse you of all negativity and open you to love and light” (repeat as many times as it feels necessary- I usually repeat the charge at least 3 times) Then I hold it in the moonlight or direct sunlight - here you have to know the nature of the stone… and ask: " May you serve to your highest purpose and potential. May you serve in love and light"
I don’t give it a specific purpose until I am ready to use it in a spell, but I might think in generalized terms of ‘protection’ or ‘wisdom’ or ‘health’ etc.

As far as FEELING the energy. Some are strong…some are subtle and that is their nature too. I do know that combinations resonate and increase the vibe. I had a medicine wheel for several years that hummed with energy.

I had configured it to focus energy to the center. If I moved my hand over the stones in the outer ring I would feel only subtle shifts but if I placed my hand over the center I could feel an updraft…it was physically colder. If I suspended my pendulum over that area I could ask it questions about what I should be paying attention to. and it would guide me to a quadrant . It was a helpful meditation.

My point is that some of those most powerful crystals were SMALL - none of those crystals is over 3 " in length most only 2" or under.

Not sure if I just muddied the water or if that helps. I heard a lot of chatter about interrupted sleep with the full moon so I hope you get some good ZZZs soon.

8 Likes

Even the smallest crystal has energy! It’s still a crystal, right. It’s just that it’s small. I mentioned the rubbing the hands technique in a reply to Krissie. Just center yourself, rub your hands together and cup the crystal in your hands to feel it’s energy. And you’re absolutely right about your intention being the important thing. But in the crystal headlines, amethyst has been know to have the opposite effect for sleep. It also can cause migraines. Just like meds can have reverse effects.

6 Likes

This is an amazing medicine wheel! I also don’t give a crystal a purpose until I use it. Thanks for your info! :slight_smile::heart:

6 Likes

Isn’t it fun?! I loved my medicine wheel. I made the wheel itself out of wool felt and it took months to find all the spirit animals and crystals. A labor of love. I figured it needed a rest and disassembled it this year. Perhaps I should have left it intact - this year has been pretty crappy. LOL…

6 Likes

It has been very crappy! I made a medicine wheel. I also have a…it’s like a wooden grid for a crystal grid. I’ll have to unpack it and show everyone. I have layouts for lithomancy, the art of casting crystals to receive guidance and wisdom. I love casting stones! Today I’m going to make a post on lithomancy and add a layout or two.

7 Likes

SWEET… I look forward to your post @christina4!

6 Likes

If not later today, then by tomorrow morning. :wink:

6 Likes

Energy is subtle yet powerful. The idea that this Crystal does this or that depends on your energy as well. It’s the same with magick. You may say I followed all the instructions of the spell and nothing happened. That’s because of our focus that turns to disbelief. So nothing happens. Absorb the subtle energy and remain aware of how you discover the transformational energy working in our lives.

6 Likes

@christina4 thank you so much. I will move some of my amethyst away from my bed and keep 1 piece out. I believe I have lepidolite too, so I’ll make up a sleep pouch again with the crystals & herbs. Maybe I’ll get to take a nap! Thank you for your help. I’ll have to look into getting some howlite too!

5 Likes

You’re more than welcome :slightly_smiling_face: happy to help! I’ve had sleeping issues for almost a decade or so.

4 Likes

OOH, thanks for that link! It has some great information. I just have to work on feeling energy I guess. I’m not good at that.

4 Likes

I just realized, maybe it’s not a good idea to keep full moon water on my nightstand after all… :sweat_smile: I hope you can find the right crystals for you @Susurrus and get a good night’s sleep! :white_heart:

(And thank you @BryWisteria @christina4 @berta, that’s a lot of good crystal information!)

7 Likes

You’re absolutely welcome :cowboy_hat_face: I love helping a fellow witch

7 Likes