Opals... What else can you tell me

Hi all, so got a cute little dainty opal ring today a rainbow one to be exact (pictures coming soon) and from what i read in my crystal book opals magickal significance is that it is uplifting especially if you have had many disappointments and almost given up on life. The book also says it reverses bad luck and the wearer sees a rainbow and holds the ring up they can make a wish. Are there any other qualities my book is missing? I feel this is the perfect stone for me…

9 Likes

Here is the ring…

9 Likes

I don’t know much about opal so maybe someone else can chime in :sweat_smile: I just wanted to say that it’s a gorgeous ring!

7 Likes

Thank you compliments are always welcome and valued as much as solutions :blush:

7 Likes

Opal Information :gem:

Hi, just quickly popping in, but we do have a topic about Opals, I hope this helps to get you started :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch All three of those rings are so nice!!! Is the one an eye? I have an opal necklace I bought in Australia. It is the national stone! Here’s a great article on them - and an excerpt:

Black opal is associated with Scorpio.
White opal is associated with the Moon.
Opal is the birthstone for the month of October.
It is a traditional gift for the 13th wedding anniversary.
Opal is the national gemstone of Australia.
Black Fire Opal is the state stone of Nevada.
Most opals will fluoresce under a UV light. Synthetic opals will not.

7 Likes

Thank you i will check the link out :blush:

4 Likes

Yes they are a national stone here but very pricey too… Thanks for the information i did not know those qualities… And yes it is an eye like as in evil eye. Many middle eastern people wear them to ward of people’s evil eye… I have an awesome evil eye dream catcher hanging on my sacred room door :blush:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.