Physical Pentacle anyone?

Hi everyone, i just wanted to ask if anyone had felt compelled as much as i have been in the last few days to actually create or draw a physical/visual pentacle in their sacred space or similar? I mean obviously i cleanse my space often and Casting circles and what not is a regular thing when doing spells, but i don’t know randomly or you could say something was calling to me actually pulling me to create a pentacle just under my chair where i sit close to my altar when practicing. It is also where i cast circles… I mean i feel strange as i am so used to having protection which is real to me but perhaps not visual to the eye regrdless no less real and is definalty there, but this just made me feel completely safe in a way…
I cant explain it, and honestly took two days of pulling of contact paper (the first material of choice) which was a blue, green and purple colour, to not feeling it just to tear it all apart and create a black pentacle made of strong tape…
Has anyone else done this as i am feeling a little nuts or over the top at the moment but i am content and happy so it is staying… :blush:

Edit: I also added the N, S, E, W, directions too as i sometimes get confused with my altar facing south as it is the only place a table will fit with limited space so sometimes i think it is north or east so these help i guess :woman_shrugging: :blush:

12 Likes

I haven’t, though sometimes I’ve been called to wear a pentacle on my person, either as a necklace or incorporated into my clothing :blush:
If it feels right and makes you feel good, I’d say it definitely should stay! :pentacle_tarot: :sparkling_heart:

I feel you with the limited space… I used to be confused with the directions too so I made this compass rose with the elemental colors for my altar :compass: :sparkles:

12 Likes

I don’t think it’s nuts at all! The pentacle :pentacle_tarot: is one of the most popular symbols of the Craft- it is a physical representation of magick, the community as a whole, and your identity as a witch. The pentacle can also symbolize eternity, totality, and unity (source).

There’s nothing wrong with feeling drawn to something you treasure and identify with, especially when it is such a wholesome and positive symbol :blush:

May your new pentacle serve you well and always bring you peace and happiness when you see it :heart::pentacle_tarot:

Blessed be!

11 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch I actually have a wooden pentacle on my main altar then pentacle charms on my ancestor altar too! I have a few necklaces with the charm on there as well. My charm lithomancy pouch has a pentacle in there & a triple moon symbol where the center full moon has a pentacle inside it!

10 Likes

I have a black circular incense holder that has a pentagram on it, so that every time I use it I am burning the incense in the center of the pentacle. I don’t use it every time (I also have a nice wooden incense holder decorated with mandalas), but I do use it for Sabbats and when I feel drawn to use it for particular spellwork.

9 Likes

I’ve never had the urge to create anything physical like that but I think that you’re obviously feeling this way for a reason.

After creating the pentacle, do you feel any different? Is there a difference in the energy of your space? I think that would be the determining factor for me if it was worth it or just something I felt like I needed or wanted to do.

9 Likes

I have a few Pentacles… One I wear around my neck. I have another on my altar and I also have a small one on a charm bracelet…

10 Likes

I have a discreet pentacle necklace, it’s beads that are tied with wire in the Star shape. I also made a pentacle out of air dry clay, which my daughter painted. We practice together, so it was like an act of devotion for us.

I want to make a mini one, too, to carry in a pouch etc when I go places overnight. Still haven’t worked out a travel altar fully, though.

I don’t use my pentacle that often, rituals and spells are kind of spur of the moment and we forget things to add to it. But I keep that main clay one on my shrine space, with my bell sitting on it.

If you felt motivated to make one, that’s all that matters :heart: :pentacle_tarot:

10 Likes

Oh! I remember you sharing about crafting this pentacle during a challenge :blush: It’s as gorgeous as ever, @Melora_Fae! And I really love the idea of potentially making a mini version to bring on the go too :star_struck:

Beautifully said! :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria :heart: Yes if I make a smaller one, I want it to be more simple and just have the pentacle. Maybe not even painted. This one is pretty large, it fits in the palm of my hand. I think having one just a bit larger than a quarter would be nice. I could even have it in my pocket to hold when I’m on the go in public.

8 Likes

Oh so beautiful. That is an even more creative way to remember :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you. I mean i always wear my pentacle choker and not even intentionally. I brought i when i first started out and soon after i just simply stopped taking it off and now it is like an extra limb. I know its there but at the same time i do not :blush:

5 Likes

Yes i have a smaller centre cloth with a pentacle and the elemental directions on my main altar cloth, however, with being a messy and busy witch, it is always covered half the time with tarot cards, or herbs, or a book lol, so i think this larger version helps as i tend to look down when calling the quarters so makes sense plus it gives me that ‘visual’ when doing spell work as i tend to sit just over it when i prepare herbs, candles or whatever else i have decided to use for my ritual or spell, so sometimes when trying to visualise being in a protective sphere after calling the quarters, i can use this like an aid… :blush:

7 Likes

I mean i feel my space has always been protected, but now i just can’t explain it… I feel as if i am always protected as if when i go within that space i can actually feel and see that protective bright yellow light sphere without concentrating so hard… And funny thing, the pentacle does on light up like that protective energy, it simply stands for a marker i guess… I think i would have to draw a picture to explain as to me it looks so simple but now i am explaining it, it seems so much more complicated… :blush:

7 Likes

Me too… One around my neck, one on my altar cloth, one o made out of twigs, one my daughter made me in school, 2 on my backpack i wear when i ride the motorbike and pretty sure there are at least 2 more i have forgotten about :blush: I cant explain it. I mean i don’t feel it is a pentacle addiction but more like when you say are a Christian like i once was, and you naturally wear cross around your neck and do not see it as something major or strange it is just natural, that’s what it feels like to me… I do not have to second guess it as the pentacle is apart of me and also represents who i am which in all honesty i am very proud to be a witch :blush: :heart:

8 Likes

That is so lovely! I love that your daughter helped you make it. It must be all the more special… For me it is not like i can’t go without a pentacle anywhere, but it usually always unconsciously is like the one on my backpack or my neck so i do not need to think about it . In saying that, i can tell you if it wasn’t there i would know as i would feel something is different, but it is not like if for some reason i didn’t have one with me my magick isn’t there, no i mean because as we know we are the ones witch the magick, but sometimes visual aids are nice and also nice to show people who we are (if possible) :blush:

7 Likes

Well, if it works for you then that’s what matters!

6 Likes

I love this- a little “pocket pentacle” to keep close! Anytime you want to ground or re-connect, all you have to do is reach into your pocket :blush::pentacle_tarot: :sparkles:

It sounds like it’s really become a part of you! :grinning: :+1:

6 Likes

When I first got back into the craft, I drew my pentacle that I wanted to use for my altar and my rituals. Now I have one that I’ve purchased, and I also have a sticker that came with my pentacle necklace order from an awesome company called Blessed Be Magick. They have discreet jewelry for pagans, which you can see in the pictures I’ve attached. Also, I used to have trouble with the N,S,E,and W directions during my rituals, so I found a compass online and would paste it on the floor for help. :slight_smile: Gotta do what you gotta do.
altar tile
sticker pentacle
pentacle necklace
pentacle necklace up close
pentacle ring
compass

9 Likes

I love the jewelry & your pentacles! I have a wooden one on my main altar. I’ve thought about getting a compass :compass: … but currently I use my phone or since I have lived here for 21 years, I know the directions around my house & yard. Honestly that’s about it though.

I love :heart: finding jewelry to wear too!

6 Likes