Plants to help soothe mosquito bites?

@Susurrus cypress oil would be good for him. Or my LM thst i make for Gary.

Cypress oil is used mainly for arthritis pain. But without knowing the severity of his injury im not sure what else to suggest. I make some mamma jammy oils too. None of which ive shared here. But would be happy to do if u need me too

8 Likes

@AileyGrey awwwww thats super sweet. My own hashtag lol

7 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs
Where do you order your herbs from?
I am thinking of two salves- 1 for abrasions and bruises- arnica and calendula ( donā€™t know of any other herbs for this but I know I donā€™t have these)
2-a lip balm. Donā€™t know what to put in that yet other than adding vitamin e, but I love the idea of making my own
Question- do you ever just use essential oils rather than making your own infused oil?

@AileyGrey that is a great idea!! @Mistress_Of_Herbs #herbalwitchsupreme :grinning::heart:

7 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose yes love i do use essential oils. But not in salves bc so much is needed. But i do use them. My infused oils ill use as the base ingredient and then essential oil it out depending on what im making.

Like this past week i made one for my 5 yr old nephew who has allergies and doesnt sleep well. His base oil, which was infused myself, was helichrysum bc is helps with pain. I also added some infused chamomile. However bc of his allergy issues, i also added eucalyptus, and wintergreen essential oils. So its like vicks with a pain killer and a calming and soothing aspect to aid in sleep.

My sister has only been home since Friday and she said he has been sleeping like a champ. See she used to use her oil, but its for her chronic back pain. But it helped a bit. So based on that i made this one.

Omg i love that hashtag

6 Likes

We can always hashtag @Mistress_Of_Herbs as #herbqueensupreme or she can request a user name change so when we do tag her in a postā€¦thatā€™s what will show :wink: :joy:

7 Likes

Hmmmmmm we still need the hashtag.

6 Likes

Anyone can hashtag within the post, thatā€™s up to themā€¦ but it wonā€™t tag you or notify you of anything. When they type your name with @ in front of it, then you will be tagged. :upside_down_face:

I like your new name & it seems very fitting for all that you do for the coven :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

I heard if you take kitty litter, place it in 2 socks, tie them in a knot, and place one on eaxh side of the dashboard corners pressed against the windshield. the kitty litter pulls the moisture in. So when the windshield starts to get wet it draws the moisture into the sock. I bought a few cute pairs of socks from $ tree and it works also they actually look cute!!! Crazy right? Thats what I said lol.

6 Likes

omg this is a really good idea! Iā€™m gonna pocket this idea for later ā€“ thanks for sharing it!

6 Likes

I drive a big suv so it takes fooorrrrever to warm up. It helps on them days when im running late late and im like ohh snap lolā€¦

6 Likes

I seen a post that someone was asking about where someone got thier herbs from and I use this place alot and whats cool is they send you a catalog in the mail. I love when apps still do that lol. Its
]https://mountainroseherbs.com

Also I seen a post about not having a particular herb for something they were making. Scott Cunningham has a book called Incense, Oils and Brews. I use and like it alot. There is a section Tables of Magical Substitution pretty handy.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing the book! I actually have this one on my shelf and will take a look. :blush:

6 Likes

Sorry for my delay in responding but I just saw this. I donā€™t know you I missed it.
That is amazing that the oil worked so well. I need to expand my herbal knowledge.
Glad you like the hashtag :grin:

5 Likes

@antoinette such excellent suggestions.

I just cant afford mountain rose. I have several suppliers that are amazing, and significantly cheaper than mrh.

7 Likes

Right on. You should still get their catalog. Thats the best. Its laid out with lots of information. Also has
amazing list of herbs and oils and what nots and its free. I like books so its nice to have the catalog. I still cant get with online. So its a nice visual tool for making list. It also has a ref next to each herb on its uses.

5 Likes

@antoinette ok ill look into that. Thanks

Also my wreath is coming along

6 Likes

Such a pretty wreath! I like the complimenting red and white with the green :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: looks great!

4 Likes

Cant wait to see what it looks like when your done!

5 Likes

@MeganB and @antoinette thanks yall

4 Likes

Oh so beautiful :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: You gave me a great idea to make a wreath too but maybe with a witchy twist :woman_shrugging: Would have been great to gather items at Samhain when all the Halloween decorations were outā€¦

7 Likes