Pledges to Brigid šŸ“š

Hi @Melora_Fae,

Thank you so much for your response, I find your replies super helpful, and super interesting/ fascinating :

Holy moly, I had the same experience! For sometime I thought it might be Freya reaching out especially a few weeks back (realized this an hour ago, while doing some self reflection and digging on the hawk) when I kept hearing and seeing hawks in odd places while on my way to work or taking my pup on a walk. It wasnā€™t till last Monday that I realized that it was Brigid, after watching a bunch of YouTube videos the prior weeks on Imbolc and doing some reading though spells8 and other sources.

Thank you again for your insight :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I appreciate the time you took to respond.

Hi @scott1, thatā€™s super neat that:

I find that extremely encouraging to hear, and hope that she continues to help you at work and connect with you. I hope that the issue you were having continues to stay at bay.

Personally I havenā€™t ā€œheardā€ from her yet, as Iā€™ve just stated to connect, and speak with her daily but I can feel her around and have been leaving offerings of water, candles and on one night a slice of bread that I plan to give to the birds when Iā€™m able to move about. Thank you for sharing your experience :blush:, itā€™s nice to hear that she is such a a loving goddess.

Warmest regards to you both, and I hope you guys have a nice weekend.
Only the Best,
Francessca

7 Likes

Yep! And I was praying to God and Goddess / Lord and Lady for help, and suddenly she appeared. Iā€™d known about her before but it was like BAM, and now I canā€™t stop thinking about her.

:heart:

Glad I could share my insight!

6 Likes

Francisco,
Thank you for sharing your prayer and thank you for your support! I love Lady Brighid and everything she stands for! Just wanted to say thank you for bringing this beautiful prayer to my home :house:
Jeannie

6 Likes

Youā€™re so very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I absolutely talk to her throughout the day, some days more than others, and some days I wish I would have talked to her more.

This is absolutely okay! Part of my honoring of Brigid is actually with my crochet. I have a shop where I sell what I make and everything is made in her honor. I dedicate the time spent to her, I dedicate the sacrifice of the time and money to her. She is a goddess of creation and inspiration, not just to authors but to all who use creativity in their lives. She is also a goddess of charity and generosity, so donating or gifting things youā€™ve made is certainly acceptable.

4 Likes

I agree with @MeganB on this one, itā€™s perfect! I actually have knit hats for babies that I would donate to the American Heart Association or hospitals that ask for them to use on the newborns in the nurseries or to give to them as a gift. I crochet & knit! I also have made things & then I just give them as giftsā€¦ just because :hugs:

There are a few of us that regularly work with Brigid in our practices. With Imbolc coming up there are a few discussions about Her & a daily thread dedicated to Her also. The daily thread will update & restart on Imbolc for the coming year.

I actually just made a yarn dolly today for Her that now has a home on my pillow. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you have any other questions feel free to ask & someone will be more than happy to help you out :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Hi @MeganB, and @Susurrus :blush:

Thank you both very much for confirming that

I appreciate this feedback greatly, Iā€™m hoping to be back in my feet (literally lol) in the next day or so so that I can knit some hats :hugs:, Iā€™m not much a sitter when Iā€™m knitting lol maybe bc Iā€™m alway battling my puppy for my yarn :joy:.

Go @MeganB for having a shop for your crochet! Itā€™s a goal of mine for this year to start selling what I make. I love to craft and have been wanting to sell my project for a while just havenā€™t had the motivation or time to do so . I think you may have given me the swift kick in the bum to make it a reality this year :kissing_heart:.

@Susurrus , I love that you enjoy to crochet and knit and that you give these items to a good cause along with just because gifts, this is so lovely and heart warming to read. Thank you for also letting me know that

Iā€™ll most definitely keep an eye out for this. Hope you both had a wonderful day :grin:

4 Likes

Good luck on your goal! :tada: Iā€™m glad I could inspire you (or give you the swift kick you needed) to open your own shop :laughing: itā€™s a labor of love, for sure! I wish you all the best :yarn:

4 Likes

Oh thank you! That makes my day :two_hearts:

I do a lot of different crafts & wind up giving a lot awayā€¦ from crochet, knitting, cross stitch, resin crafts, glass etching, ornaments, shadow boxes, jewelryā€¦ a lot of different things :rofl:

This past summer I made a necklace for someone that fell in love with a sort of spell jar necklace I made after my dog passed.

I gave it to my son to bring into work for him & he insisted on paying me. I had no idea what to price it at & was hoping he wouldnā€™t bring it up if my son brought in to him. He asked my son & he said, she just wants you to be happy & like it. The kid told him that him & his girlfriend loved it & he had to pay me.

So my son said pick a number between 1 & 15. Then the kid gave him $15 & my son was like, okay, Iā€™ll give it to her, but she really just wants you two to be happy with it.

The next time I saw him, he said you really need to open your own shop & sell the things you make.

I canā€™t bring myself to do it. I would rather make something & give it to someone than ask for money for them. Iā€™m weird :upside_down_face:

4 Likes