Rose Water 🌹

I thought since I had posted a recipe with rose water, I’d post a recipe for rose water itself!

Rose Water :rose:

Prep Time: 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes minutes
Steeping Time/Distillation Time: 1 hour hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes minutes

Ingredients:

1 cup dried rose petals or 2 cups fresh rose petals
5 cups distilled water

Directions:

Simmering Method

Add the rose petals to a saucepan, then cover with the water.
Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, turn the heat to simmer and simmer for 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat and let sit and steep for 1 hour.
Strain, bottle, and enjoy!

Distillation Method

Place a heat-proof bowl in the center of a large pot.
Add the rose petals and water to the pot around the bowl (make sure to not get anything inside of the bowl).
Place the pot’s lid on upside down, then bring the water to a boil.
Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, and add some ice to the top of the lid.
As the ice melts, pour off the water and add more ice.
Continue this process until the color from the petals fade and some clean and clear rose water has collected inside the bowl.
Allow everything to cool before bottling and using.

Recipe courtesy of Moon and Spoon and Yum.

15 Likes

That is so neat Thank you for posting it

6 Likes

That’s so great! Thanks for sharing. I usually just dry my roses out after hubby gives them to me before they welt away, but now i can pick them fresh and make some rose water from scratch :blush:

6 Likes

I’ve used rose water for a lot of handmade bath and body type things but it never once crossed my mind to make it. And yet it’s so easy! I’m excited to do this with some of the roses we have growing in our hill now.

Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

I love :heart: rose :rose: water & I’ve even switched it up to make it an oil that I can wear too! :hugs: I’m constantly saving rose petals & such :laughing: I actually have a bag of them from all my roses from Mother’s Day drying that I need to put into a jar soon. :thinking:

4 Likes

There are so many ways one can use Rose Water! Always great to have a recipe on hand- thanks for this, @Amethyst! :heart: :rose:

4 Likes

You’re welcome, Nixi!

You’re welcome, hon! I saw that recipe and knew I had to share!

Let us know how it turns out! I bet it would smell really nice homemade!

Well, now you have something new to do with them!

You’re welcome, my dear! I thought people would like this one!

7 Likes

I have soooo many too! I just checked my Rose :rose: Water bottle & it’s still about 1/2 full… so at least now I have a new recipe to try for it! :revolving_hearts: Going to see if I can finagle making a rose oil for 1 of my roller bottles too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Good luck with your potioning!

6 Likes