Scrying Mirrors

Hi all! Recently I’ve been in search for a scrying mirror. I am just curious does anyone know more information on scrying mirrors? Tips/tricks for using a scrying mirror? Really anything scrying related.

8 Likes

If you haven’t found one you are drawn to you could always make one. That’s what I did. I used a picture frame and painted the glass with black acrylic paint and when it dries out the glass back in with the painted side inward and you have yourself a scrying mirror. I like that idea because you can choose a pretty frame or even decorate it to your liking. I used a simple black frame but I added glass rocks that I got at thedollar tree in the floral and craft section to each corner of the frame in the colors of the the 4 elements. Mine is packed up in storage with most of my altar and less essential items because it was too big for the travel altar and my husband keeps the travel size one I made with him because I don’t use it enough but still wanted to have one in case I needed it while we’re using the travel altar. The big one I used an 8×10 frame and the travel mirror is a 3 1/2×5 I believe

Just a tip though if you decide to make it you’ll have to let acrylic paint dry completely and then apply a second coat brushing your strokes in the opposite direction of the first coat (vertical-horizontal or vice versa)

9 Likes

I totally was searching for a way to make my own as well! Thank you! Of course there’s pretty ones online that I’ve found but really I have a feeling I’d like to make mine. :black_heart: I got as far as finding black glass being sold, but again that’s pricey and not made by me.

6 Likes

Dollar tree and Walmart both have decent sized bottles of acrylic paint for a dollar maybe 2 at the most and it works perfectly. I prefer making as many of my tools as I can myself because I feel like the connection is already there because you created it vs having to search for however long to find one that speaks to you.

9 Likes

@jessika I’ve learned It’s best for me to make my own mirror when it comes to something personal like that. I too am learning about scrying mirrors and have found a bunch of info reading stuff on the internet.

6 Likes

There are also some on Amazon from $19 up… as well as some obsidian scrying balls and bowls.

5 Likes

Hello!

I know quite a bit about scrying, although I use a crystal ball. The art of scrying is the same though, regardless of the tool used in my opinion. A lot of people prefer obsidian mirrors, due to the protective and truth-enhancing qualities of the obsidian stone (which is actually a type of volcanic glass). I second the idea of the dollar store glass frame and making your own black mirror with paint and construction paper!

I also find it helpful to blend smoke and mirror scrying together, or blend water and moon scrying, or fire and crystal ball scrying. Since scrying works off of reflective surfaces that allow your clairvoyance to project into the item and/or morph into images and scenes, which are then interpreted, using multiple scrying tools together can add depth to the experience in my opinion. When I do scrying, I like to gaze behind and through the tool. This has allowed images to come through more clearly for me, since directly staring can sometimes distract you. I gave a workshop on scrying for a Pagan Pride day, where I talked about methods of scrying that can be watched here.

Scrying is a divination method that leans heavily towards clairvoyance, or psychic sight. The images received often come through via the third eye chakra, but sometimes sensations, sounds or feelings might come through. It is a great way to practice mediumship as well. I personally found that mirrors are best for mediumship and spiritual contact, while crystal balls are best for divination, and water is best for past life regression or introspection. This is my personal opinion based on my own experiences, and it might differ for others.

Since clairvoyance plays a large role in most forms of scrying, you may want to check out this article on the psychic senses which may help you discover the ways you are most likely to receive psychic information. Knowing this ahead of time can help you prepare yourself to receive messages in a way that you resonate with and that utilizes your primary psychic sense.

Sometimes mirrors are used as portals in magick, and you can indeed use your scrying mirror to do this, especially if you want to do remote viewing or astral projection. There are a lot of uses to having a magick mirror, and you can scry into any mirror, not just a black one. Intention is everything!

12 Likes

Oh wow thank you for all of this food for thought! I am definitely watching your video now! Incoming thoughts/ response and possible questions coming soon!

6 Likes

Thank you! :grinning: The article is also a great resource for getting started with activating your intuition. :heart: :crystal_ball: Let me know if you have any questions!

7 Likes

Have a dim light room. Light a candle. Have the mirror between the candle and yourself. Take cleansing breaths and find your meditative state. Begin looking for signs and symbols in your scrying mirror. This goes for crystals as well.
Good luck scrying!!! You’ll love it. Although it’s harder to start off with darker methods, meaning black obsidian spheres or blackened mirrors. But that’s just my advice. Let us know how it turns out :relaxed::gem:

5 Likes

I made my scrying mirror also, I’m still learning about scrying though, so thank you @Katy_Mysticsens and @christina4 for the info. :grin:

7 Likes

Of course :heavy_heart_exclamation: anytime babes!!!

5 Likes