September 2022 ✨ Collective Reading Check-In

Good morning and happy last day of August! Or happy September depending on when you read this :laughing: It is time for one of my favorite things that I do here for our Infinite Roots Coven – our collective reading check-in. We have left August behind and are on the brink of the dark half of the year. September in the Northern Hemisphere brings us cooler days, pumpkins, Samhain, and rest. While we aren’t fully into :ghost: Spooky Season :ghost: yet, I always see September and the time leading up to the Autumn Equinox as the preliminary celebration time for Samhain and winter. I have my fingers crossed that the next few months are wonderful and illuminating! Afterall, we only four months left of 2022! :scream:

Anyway, today we are looking back at our collective reading → Peering into 2022 :flower_playing_cards: Collective Tarot Reading to see if anything new has come up for September! If you are new here, this is a periodic tarot reading I do to shine light on the collective reading I do at the beginning of the year.

Was August Relevant?

Let’s look back at the card I pulled for August to see if it made sense with everything that happened.

August 2022: The Ten of Pentacles Reversed :pentacle_tarot:

The foreshadowing of the Ace of Pentacles reversed comes into play this month. This card is also one that is usually happy. Upright, the family is dancing around and the pentacles hang in the air. When you flip the card over, smiles become frowns and what was easily suspended now appear to be falling. The reversed card points to a deeper and darker meaning. The Ten of Pentacles brings financial conflict and instability. It usually points to the future, but I feel that it is more immediate given the cards from the previous months. We will need to keep a close eye on our personal finances and stability to ensure we don’t lose things that are important to us.

If you want to refresh your memory on the August check-in, click here :tada:

In my Putting it Together section of last month I mentioned that the cards I pulled to go with the Ten of Pentacles Reversed gave me more hope. We needed to be careful, though, not to fall back into old patterns of behavior or the work we put forward was going to be for nothing. I don’t know about you personally but August was really challenging for me. I am dealing with burnout, different medical things for different family members (including myself – don’t worry, everyone is okay!), and some difficult decisions that, once I made them, I was flooded with relief.

I think the theme of cycles and circles was very important for me last month. I don’t know how this played out on a grand scale but if you have any personal insight on that I would be happy to hear it!

:fallen_leaf: This month, we are looking at the month of September!

As a reminder, the collective reading for the month of September has us looking at The Ten of Swords.

September 2022: The Ten of Swords :sword_tarot:

Another card that I really don’t like! The Ten of Swords depicts a person lying in a field of flowers with ten swords in their back. There isn’t really a positive spin to put on this card. One or two swords wouldn’t be so bad, but ten swords all at once indicate an event of such magnitude that it swiftly knocks people off their feet. This card brings with it defeat, failure, and a sense of deep loss. The event may come from our own choices as the swords are often part of us. This may be a time when, quite literally, things come back to bite us in the ass.

With this card in mind, I pulled three more cards to give us some more guidance on where September is headed.

The above image shows three cards from the Spirits and Shadows Oracle Deck laid out on a tan carpet. From left to right they are The Maestro, Passion, and Intellect.

:black_cat: The Maestro – Pulling this card is very interesting for me because this is also the card I pulled for my September card reflection at the end of my newest podcast episode. The Maestro calls us to look to our teachers, whomever they are. Anyone and anything can be a teacher. Even when someone does something wrong, that can still teach us what not to do. It also calls us to ask what we can teach others! If we look at life from a different perspective, anything can be a learning experience if we let it.

:fire: Passion – It can be a good thing to have passion, but don’t forget that passion isn’t just a good thing. Passion is, at its core, a fiery emotion. It can fuel our best projects and work. It can also burn down everything around us if we let our passion turn to rage. Mind your inspirations and your anger. Passion can push you forward as long as you’re careful with how you manage it.

:octopus: Intellect – The octopus in this card is a reminder that we may need to lead with our head rather than our heart. Sometimes our rational mind needs to lead the way while we leave our hearts behind. Intellect reminds us to be fair and objective in our decision-making, being sure that we look at all the facts before deciding on the path forward.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Nine of Pentacles

• success, abundance, and reaping the benefits of our hard work

:star: Goals of 2022: The Knight of Swords Reversed

• impatience, rudeness, and an overall aggressive manner in endeavors
  • fighting for what we believe in

:star: Obstacles of 2022: The Nine of Swords

• collective trauma, guilt, and shame
  • hiding away and regretting our decisions

Putting it together…

I have to admit…seeing Passion and Intellect together for this reading threw me for a loop. But when I couple these cards with The Maestro and The Ten of Swords, I see it a bit differently. It looks like September has the potential to be torture for us on an individual level. The swords from the Ten of Swords are most likely of our own making. They can represent times when we are all in our head, when we play the victim, or when we put too much pressure on ourselves and ultimately fail.

If we let those experiences teach us (The Maestro) to lead with both our heart and our head, we can come out of September with less swords holding us down. The trick, though, is learning how to listen to both our heart and head at the same time. Sometimes they both want to lead! This can turn into a tug-of-war between your emotion-led heart and your logic-led mind. Getting the two to work in sync can be tricky but it is worth it! When you feel your emotions running the show, be mindful of your rational thought. Check-in with your mind and make sure that you’re looking at the facts of the situation and thinking rationally. When you feel your mind running the show, check-in with your heart and ask yourself how you feel and if that is the direction you want to go.

Practice listening to your body, your mind, your heart, and your intuition all at once this month. Remove those swords from your back and move forward with less weight holding you back!

What do you think? Do you have any insight to share from the collective reading? And how do you think September is going to go?

If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find the current infographic below. I also have a blog post that goes into more detail about each card in the layout. You can find that post by clicking here.

5 Likes

@MeganB

Your forecast was Spot-On for me. August was definitely a difficult month. In September I plan to remember what you have said, so hopefully, I can avoid any pitfalls! Thanks so much!

With love :heart:

4 Likes

Without going into too much detail, August was definitely multiple cycles for me & with big changes heading into September.

In a way, making heart, brain, & intuition work together is where I aim to get through the things I am working on now. I misstep every once in a while, but I am recovering much better each time no matter how opposite of graceful it may be :laughing:

(I can’t tell you how much I absolutely love Finch :heart_eyes: for that part)

I think I am going to use your attached spread for like a clarifying reading based on September :thinking: We’ll see how this goes, my summer was full of surprises! :woman_juggling:

3 Likes

I’m glad to know it was spot on but that sucks because August was rougghhh. Hopefully we can all remember that last bit I wrote about September lol we could all use it!

I think this is a good idea for it to be on a more personal level :heart: And I really need to start using the journal prompts on Finch more often :sweat_smile: sometimes I find it really hard to type things out on my phone unless I use my external keyboard. My fingers don’t move the way I want them to anymore :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I have the same type of problem with my phone. I don’t use them all the time, some of them I transferred to my actual journal to use there… unless it’s something new or a genuine type of reflection I won’t. However, at the same time… short & sweet! :laughing: Sometimes I get out 1 word & that’s it or a name, whatever it is.

I’m kind of curious about the more personal aspect of it as this particular season comes to a close & a new one is going to begin :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I feel like I’ve said it during every monthly check-in but this month scares me :scream: every year since 2020 has just been a massive :poop: show lol

5 Likes

I mean if we are going for an overall I’d say my last 2 years have been just a rolling :poop: shit show :laughing: I couldn’t make half of this stuff up if I tried.

5 Likes