Setting my Intentions

I’m glad I didn’t miss this one and that it was extended (thank you @BryWisteria :heart:)

We all know that 2020 was a rough year. A lot of the goals and plans we all had were either wiped away completely :wind_face: or just rescheduled. What’s that saying about the best-laid plans…?

Anyway, since 2020 turned into a dumpster fire, going into 2021 has reminded me to be much more realistic and lenient with my goals and intentions. I did achieve a couple of the goals I had set for myself at the beginning of 2020. These included…

:sparkles: Reaching 10,000 views on my website (I hit 23,500)
:sparkles: Reaching 1,000 subscribers on YouTube (I hit 1,200)
:sparkles: Finish writing a book (I am in the process of editing and revising now)

All of these goals were significant to me in 2020 and, for context, there are more goals that I didn’t achieve than I did. However, I realize now looking back that it is entirely possible I gave myself too much to do in a short span of time. I also realize that I did not set any personal goals, only professional goals – and that was not a smart thing for me to do.

There were even a few small things that I set the intention of doing that just fell by the wayside. One of these was a daily tarot draw which I just could not keep up with. It sounds silly, but sometimes pulling a tarot card a day and journaling about it was just too much .

So what about 2021?

I made the decision when I set my goals and intentions a few days ago to be sure to set goals for both my personal life and my professional life. This is an important distinction for me because one of the major things I’m working on is having a work/life balance. As someone who creates content online for work for both others and myself, it can be hard to unplug and remove myself from being always available. This is a very clear distinction and boundary I am setting for myself this year. I am not doing any specific spellwork for it, but I am trying to be mindful of it as I go through my day.

The only other spellwork or work that I am doing to kick off the new year is my usual monthly tarot readings and a house cleansing. The home we purchased is a new build so I don’t have to worry about the errant energies leftover from previous homeowners. The only thing I will be doing is clearing out the stress and frustration that has culminated in our home and my body from this entire process. I will be using some dried Juniper :herb: that I have leftover from living in Oregon and walking around my home with the windows open to push out the errant emotional turmoil that’s still hanging around. Once that’s done, I’m hoping that my anxiety eases up because it has been non-stop for the last few weeks and I just can’t sleep!

As for goals for 2021, I can name a few professional goals here, but most of them I will be keeping to myself. Some of my goals include…

:crescent_moon: Reaching 10,000 subscribers on YouTube
:crescent_moon: Reaching 100 members in my Discord server
:crescent_moon: Donating $100 to John’s Hopkins Sjogren’s Syndrome Center (15% of every purchase in my shop is donated at the end of the year – 2020 saw a donation of $70)

I hope you all have a wonderful start to 2021 and may the odds be ever in our favor.

Continuing the discussion from :scroll: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of Goals and Intent

10 Likes

@MeganB, great intentions for the coming year! And may you fulfill everyone of your goals and than some!!

6 Likes

Thank you Walter, I appreciate that.
:heart:

6 Likes

Wow. Great goals. I hope you’re able to reach them all.

5 Likes

Congratulations on your achievements! And may you reach many many more! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Those are some amazing accomplishments for 2020- a huge congrats to you, @MeganB! :clap::two_hearts: It sounds like you starting on the right foot in a fresh new place for the year- may the coming months see all of your goals come true :pray::blush:

I also want to say that I always love reading your posts- your talent as an author really shines through! Yes, may the odds be ever in our favor for 2021- wishing all the best to you as well :grin: Happy 2021!

4 Likes

Great news & intentions. I wish you all the luck to achieve as many as you can without burning yourself out. Take them one at time, but some of them seem like you can do simultaneously maybe? I will check, but I believe I do subscribe to your YouTube. I will check your shop too. Anything I can do to help, I will!

4 Likes

Thank you, me too!

Thank you :heart:

Thanks!! That really means a lot to me :blush:

You’re so sweet :heart: Thank you!

4 Likes

Congratulations on reaching your goals for 2020 @MeganB! The new shop on your website looks great :+1:

May Oregonian juniper always be with you! :herb:

4 Likes