Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

Here’s an old fashioned magical remedy for anyone who’s needing it!

Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup diced onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cup diced carrots
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 chicken bouillon cubes
Optional: 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon Tumeric
6 cups chicken broth
1 large bag egg noodles
Garnish: fresh chopped parsley

Directions:

Add chicken breasts, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, bouillon cubes, and Tumeric if using, to slow cooker.
Pour chicken broth over ingredients and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from broth. Using two forks, shred the chicken then add back into the broth.
Next, add egg noodles and parsley if using and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender then serve.

Notes
You can use chicken thighs for this recipe if you would like to avoid breasts.
Also, you can replace the chicken broth with chicken stock for even more flavor.

7 Likes

Mmm I love chicken noodle soup :yum:

4 Likes

Glad you like it sweetie! This one seemed especially healthy with the Tumeric and garlic.

3 Likes

I collect cookbooks (But hardly ever use them–use more often now.) This recipe is yummy! I can taste it and know it is excellent. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Soup recipe hooray!!! :raised_hands: As a soup fanatic I can confidently say this recipe looks mouthwatering :yum: And such a perfect time of year for chicken noodle soup- my go-to recipe for flu season! Thanks for sharing, @Amethyst :two_hearts:

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!! This is lovely to have on hand. I want to make some and freeze it Since there are only two of us and we are light eaters it is easier to have one portion items at the ready.

BONE BROTH is another choice…it adds a little more protein and Dad likes bone broth. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst! I love chicken noodle soup and using my slow cooker. This will be great for this time of year too!

3 Likes

@wendy4, @BryWisteria, @berta, @Susurrus , and everyone else lurking, Thank you so much! Yesterday just seemed like a chicken soup sort of day. Glad you liked!

And yeah @berta, bone broth would be great too! or vegtable stock for more veggies. Either way, it would be yummy!

3 Likes