šŸ«™ Spell Jars

I thought it might be fun to talk about some spell jars, share some Iā€™ve made, and see what everyone else would like to show!

Iā€™ve only made a few so far, so everything here is actually everything Iā€™ve ever made. :joy:

My first spell jar was tricky, as I chose a container too small for its contents. The honey made a colossal mess, I had to break the cinnamon sticks to get the coins in, and then I struggled with the candle dripping, but I managed to make it work in the end!

Itā€™s a simple money-related one, as I had some anxieties about being able to afford everything going on in our life.

My second spell jar was my Hekate jar, done as part of a witchy self-initiation. It has a little bit of everything I love in it, including a snake ring I bought years ago that is very dear to me. It was also my first attempt at using sealing wax instead of a candle, so itā€™s a bit messy, but I love it.

The next time I made spell jars, I made three money-focused ones to give to friends. They each contain some coins and a little piece of paper with a wealth-drawing mantra on it.

Anyway, enough about me. :smile:

What are your opinions on making such jars? Any to share? Got some ideas for your next ones in mind? Happy to hear everyoneā€™s thoughts and experiences!

15 Likes

I love the sealing wax. I donā€™t do alot of spell jars. I do use jars to salt around the house occasionally if I feel the need, just little salt jars on each corner of the windowsills. :jar:
The only time I did a ā€œproperā€ spell jar was for an intensive protection. I put my hair, black salt, obsidian crystal, pinprick of my blood, then sealed it with cork, black wax and a pin through the cork. An old hoodoo spell from an old book of mine. It worked I must say. Never took a photo though, and now itā€™s buried. Your spell jars look lovely :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Those look beautiful @starborn :heart: Thanks so much for sharing :smiling_face:

11 Likes

@Starborn- the struggle was worth it, that is so neat! I jave been looking at spell jars a bit and had not tried any yet. I may give it a whirl!

9 Likes

Your spell jars are works of art, @starborn- I particularly love your Hekate jar, that is so pretty! :crescent_moon: :sparkles:

Like Tracy, I also donā€™t make a lot of spell jars. I was making some mini ones a while back- should probably cleanse and refresh them now haha. Thank you for sharing and also for the inspiration! :heart:

5 Likes

Spell jars are so easy and versatile - Iā€™ve made my fair share! I donā€™t have any pictures handy, but Iā€™ve made spell jars for peaceful sleep, wealth, self love, and protection. I carry a protection spell jar in my purse, so I have it wherever I am. I made one for my sister, and I made several spell packets - folded paper like an envelope - that contained ingredients like a spell jar.

6 Likes

I finally found the last photo I took of the ring before it went into the Hekate jar. :black_heart:

(The strange stick Iā€™m holding onto is my other arm, okay! :joy: Oh my stars, it turned out funny in the photo.)

And on that note, Iā€™m going to use up some more of my little bottles/jars and ingredients. :smile:

Iā€™m doing the doing, @MeganB! Take that, Temperance Reversed! :joy:

9 Likes

Ohhh, nice! :clap: :heart: I love it!

Also, youā€™ve got a lot of strength putting that ring in a jar for a deity! Itā€™s gorgeous! :black_heart:

6 Likes

It was my favourite ring for a long time. :face_holding_back_tears: But when I was thinking about how the witch initiation ceremony called for something of importanceā€¦ I thought of how Iā€™d been called to find this ring, spent so long finding the right ring, and my attachment to it over the years. And I thought, well, Iā€™m sure it was Hekate who brought me to this cherished item, so to the Hekate jar it will go as acknowledgement, and we will share it. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful sentiment, too. You found it for a reason, you were drawn to it and loved it for a reason, and it has a perfect home in the jar now! :heart:

7 Likes

I just posted a video of 3 spell jars I made tonight.

9 Likes

Where can we see the video? :smile: :black_heart:

6 Likes

I canā€™t remember where I promised to post more spell jars, so Iā€™m just going to add some more here. :smile:

The little charms probably give away their purposesā€¦

(Looks like I only found a home for one of the three of these I made.)

The crystals I used in them were all very small and are very hard to see amongst all the herbs. I think Iā€™m going to stick to larger crystals from now on to make them stand out more.

9 Likes

Your spell jars are each a work of art- theyā€™re beautiful, and so is your photography, @starborn! :clap: :heart_eyes:

And that little broom charm! Ah! Itā€™s so cute :broom: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Great work on these!

6 Likes