My first spell jar was tricky, as I chose a container too small for its contents. The honey made a colossal mess, I had to break the cinnamon sticks to get the coins in, and then I struggled with the candle dripping, but I managed to make it work in the end!
Itās a simple money-related one, as I had some anxieties about being able to afford everything going on in our life.
My second spell jar was my Hekate jar, done as part of a witchy self-initiation. It has a little bit of everything I love in it, including a snake ring I bought years ago that is very dear to me. It was also my first attempt at using sealing wax instead of a candle, so itās a bit messy, but I love it.
The next time I made spell jars, I made three money-focused ones to give to friends. They each contain some coins and a little piece of paper with a wealth-drawing mantra on it.
Anyway, enough about me.
What are your opinions on making such jars? Any to share? Got some ideas for your next ones in mind? Happy to hear everyoneās thoughts and experiences!
I love the sealing wax. I donāt do alot of spell jars. I do use jars to salt around the house occasionally if I feel the need, just little salt jars on each corner of the windowsills.
The only time I did a āproperā spell jar was for an intensive protection. I put my hair, black salt, obsidian crystal, pinprick of my blood, then sealed it with cork, black wax and a pin through the cork. An old hoodoo spell from an old book of mine. It worked I must say. Never took a photo though, and now itās buried. Your spell jars look lovely
Your spell jars are works of art, @starborn- I particularly love your Hekate jar, that is so pretty!
Like Tracy, I also donāt make a lot of spell jars. I was making some mini ones a while back- should probably cleanse and refresh them now haha. Thank you for sharing and also for the inspiration!
Spell jars are so easy and versatile - Iāve made my fair share! I donāt have any pictures handy, but Iāve made spell jars for peaceful sleep, wealth, self love, and protection. I carry a protection spell jar in my purse, so I have it wherever I am. I made one for my sister, and I made several spell packets - folded paper like an envelope - that contained ingredients like a spell jar.
It was my favourite ring for a long time. But when I was thinking about how the witch initiation ceremony called for something of importance⦠I thought of how Iād been called to find this ring, spent so long finding the right ring, and my attachment to it over the years. And I thought, well, Iām sure it was Hekate who brought me to this cherished item, so to the Hekate jar it will go as acknowledgement, and we will share it.
Thatās a beautiful sentiment, too. You found it for a reason, you were drawn to it and loved it for a reason, and it has a perfect home in the jar now!
(Looks like I only found a home for one of the three of these I made.)
The crystals I used in them were all very small and are very hard to see amongst all the herbs. I think Iām going to stick to larger crystals from now on to make them stand out more.