Spell or jar for memorial reasons

My niece just recently had to put her best friend for to sleep. She’s unstable she can’t think straight. She’s constantly thinking about him. She feels guilty. Is there anything that I can do to help keep that is better or make her something to keep with her so she knows she’s OK and protectant safe still without him.

5 Likes

Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry for your niece’s loss :people_hugging:

By this, I’m assuming that her best friend was also her pet. Losing a pet can be difficult, especially when we’re so close with them that they become like family. I lost a pet last year, one that I happened upon and rescued during Hurricane Elsa. He ended up with a blood clot [CW: pet death] that traveled into his brain and there was literally nothing I could do about it.

I think a remembrance jar is a great idea! One thing that I’m going to be making soon is a remembrance stone. We got a kit from the craft store and I can customize it for his name, the date he passed, and how much we loved him.

I found a few things here on the forum and on Spells8 to help ease the grief of losing a loved one, no matter if they’re fur-family or not.

@LadyDennaRahl wrote a wonderful to aid a dying pet and grieving owner that you might find helpful. It may need to be modified since they’ve already passed, but I’m sure it would be very helpful for your niece.

@SilverBear wrote a beautiful farewell ritual for a friend that passed away. It’s very simple and can be easily adapted!

There’s also the Wiccan Prayer for the Departed on Spells8. This prayer can be added to any ritual, including a memory jar, to make the ritual a bit more special.

Again, please pass my condolences on to your niece :heart: I’m so sorry for her loss :people_hugging: :heart:

5 Likes

I think you so very very much. You don’t know how much this means to me and it will definitely mean the world to her as well. I just wanted to be on the right path and do it the right way for her. She needs a lot to me and my niece
Thank you :pray: & I know she will be thanking you for showing me the right way as well…

Blessed Be :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::blush::blush::blush:

4 Likes

You are so very welcome :heart: I’m happy I was able to help you! And I wish you and your niece all the best with whatever ritual or spell you decide to do :pray: I’ll keep you all in my thoughts. Grief is a really difficult thing to handle. Your niece is lucky to have you!

3 Likes

My son and his wife just had their long-time feline friend put down. she had cancer and was suffering. The vet not only cremated Auntie Meg but gave them an adorable brushed steel ornamental urn for her. They keep it on the table in their hallway so they can acknowledge her every day.
After reading about her ‘friend’ she did the kindest thing she could have done and if her friend could talk, he would thank her.
Blessed be
Garnet

4 Likes

So when my feline buddy Tabitha was not feeling well years ago, i would walk around the neighborhood and collect quartz stones. i realize now that was kind of mourning in advance. When we got the Very Sad News, we could not let her suffer any longer. When we buried her ashes I placed all of those quartz pieces around her grave marker. Years later, i still move those stones around and think of her. My heart goes out to your friend…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.