Spell to the North Star

I found the challenge of Star Magic this week uniquely challenging because I didn’t want to go into astrology which is not my forte. So I looked into the legend of the North Star and found this one. And there I had the ideas of a spell.

This spell is for guidance and getting past challenging times. Take a blue candle, a dark blue one if you have it, for the night sky and for clarity and tranquility.

Find a navigational compass and find north. Set your candle up there, no matter where on your altar it is. Set the compass in front of it. Light the candle and say:

I ask that Nah-Gah, the North Star
to guide me around my life so bizarre.
Scout my path so that I may,
find and face all challenges this day.
Help me climb this troubling way,
and light my way home before the end of the day.

Let the candle burn out as you meditate on ways up and over your challenges.

Blessed Be.

15 Likes

That’s a nice idea and spell @Amethyst, in the darkness of the night there’s of course the Moon :full_moon: which is lovely but sometimes we might need a little more stability, physically and emotionally! :grin: The North Star sounds like a great anchor for that :anchor::star2: I have a window that opens to the North, on a clear night I’ll have to take a closer look at the sky and light a candle :candle:

I enjoyed reading the legend too, thank you for sharing! It’s a sweet one :mountain::ram:

10 Likes

I like this. :slight_smile: A dark blue candle would be perfect for some nice star magick like this, such depth.
Also I’m a natural lover of candle magick. I will keep an eye out for dark blue candles for sure. Also the chant is great too. Most excellent! Thanks for giving me some great ideas. :slight_smile:

It’s neat how my spell produced a new path for me in my Craft, while your spell is focused on finding something in life. It seems like star magick is about tapping into destiny, or our true desires.
Definitely something going on there. Worth further study for sure.

This has been a very exciting challenge.

10 Likes

Beautiful, @Amethyst! It sounds like you found a path into star magick that ties in beautifully to your practice- really great job :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love the spell too- thanks so much for sharing! :star2: May the light of the north star bless you now and always :pray::milky_way:

7 Likes

I love your creativity @Amethyst this is beautiful work,!!!

7 Likes

Wonderful spell @Amethyst! I am going to save this one & find a compass! I would love to do this one soon. I have been using my candles more regularly & that makes me happy. Thank you for your lovely spell!

6 Likes

Yeah, the moon is always changing, always on the move but the North Star stays put. Glad you liked the spell!

Thanks, @colin! Yeah, I need to get myself some dark blue candles, I only have light blue. I’m glad you liked my spell!

Thank you hon! I’m not much into astrology, I could never get the swing of that, but I liked the legend I dug up and the spell wrote itself from there.

Thanks, darling! Glad you liked it!

A good compass I think is needed in witchy work eventually. And you can charge it with energy if you want and keep it with you to help you find your way! Glad you liked the spell, love!

5 Likes

I will check Etsy, maybe I can find a witchy one to use! Thank you again @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Good idea! You’re welcome love!

6 Likes

I loved that article! Thanks for sharing information about the legend, Kasie!

I found another interesting article about the nah-gah in modern day here: Friends of Nevada Wilderness

6 Likes

You’re welcome! I like your article. It was fascinating.

6 Likes

Great spell @Amethyst

5 Likes

Thank you muchly! Glad you like!

5 Likes

Christina,
Thanks for helping me too know if it’s okay, can I use this for my collection of spells in my Bos?
Your always resonate with you! I feel this will help me too! Thank you Christina your such a blessing in our coven too!
Blessed be :star:

6 Likes

love this :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

:blush: Thank you so much!

4 Likes