Spellcasting & Insomnia?

Good morning! I wanted to get some of your thoughts about spellcasting. I casted a spell, and then I could not sleep for 3 nights. 4th night I had to take melatonin and 5th night was better but still struggled with sleeping. Any one of you ever experience something like that after spell casting?
The next morning after casting the spell, I heard a Robin bird signing right at me early in the morning (5:30 AM or 6:00 AM). I did see that as a sign of something; however, I was not sure if that’s positive or negative. I certainly felt a slight shift, but I can’t seem to put my finger on what exactly.
I’d love to hear your thoughts/experience. Thank you! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hello @hira!

First of all, sorry to hear about the sleepless nights-I had a terrible bout of insomnia last year and I know it is rough :people_hugging: :heart:

Before we jump into magickal reasons, it’s always good to check and make sure that spellwork was definitely involved before moving forward, as mundane and magickal issues can require different answers/approaches. Is there anything else going on in your life at this moment that could potentially cause a lack of sleep? If so, it is worth addressing :+1:

Additionally, a few nights back we had a Full Moon- while many feel extra energy during this time, it can lead to full moon exhaustion in others. For both types of witches, the full moon can lead to restless or sleepless nights :full_moon:

In terms of just purely spellwork, you might have regular old spell burn-out, which is something that can happen to anyone when they use more energy in spellwork than they have available. There’s a great guide (with some tips on what to do!) here: Feeling Tired After Spellwork? Here’s Why and How to Help!

@Mistress_Of_Herbs kindly shared an Insomnia Tea Recipe that might help, and I personally have had great success with Sleep Pouches. Lavender is my personal favorite sleep aid- you can tuck some under your pillow or spray the oil on your bedsheets and chamomile tea before bed can help too- it’s a great way to ease into sleep :tea:

I hope you’re able to work out whatever is happening and that you can find ways to help yourself sleep easy again soon! Good luck and blessed be, Hira :pray::sparkles:

7 Likes

Insomnia is no fun, I relate!

I agree with everything @BryWisteria has mentioned but I wanted to add one more thing, if that’s alright :blush:

If you didn’t ground and center after spellwork, it’s very possible that the energy from the spell is still affecting you. I would take some time, after your mundane troubleshooting, to ground yourself and see if that helps. Sometimes all we need is to push out that excess energy and reconnect with the Earth!

5 Likes

Both @MeganB and @BryWisteria are on the point here…no better advice could possibly be added! :hugs: But I still want to say that as I was recovering from depression last year, I was on sleeping medications so that I could get a peaceful sleep…and so I did! But when I stopped taking them this year in starting…I experienced insomnia for a short time. I could not sleep so I practically know how frustrating it is! As for spell-casting, I have to say not insomnia but, after almost all spells or rituals I have to take a rest! Because I feel tired and exhausted… taking @MeganB 's advice, I too will now always center and ground myself or connect to Mother Earth before getting up! Thank you soo much Megan and @hira blessed be love! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, Smriti! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Grounding and centering yourself before and after spellwork is a good habit to get into. It’s almost always helpful!

5 Likes

Thank you @MeganB @Solasta_Amore @BryWisteria!! I am so blessed to have an amazing support group! I appreciate you all taking the time to reply. All the suggestions were very useful.

I’m not entirely sure why I jumped to think it was the ritual. I suppose a part of me was afraid that I may do it wrong or offend a deity/spirit/element or something? I know I have a tendency to be super critical of myself.

Moon certainly impacts me in a way I have never seen before, that is for sure.

@MeganB you are right! I also did not ground myself before or after and I certainly was lightheaded after.

@Solasta_Amore you are on point with resting after the rituals! I went back to work after and should’ve rested.

It definitely is a combination of things. Even last full moon my energies were extremely high, so it makes sense. Combine that with not grounding or resting afterwards definitely will drain anyone.

Again, many thanks’ ladies!! It means so much to me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs:

6 Likes

That’s okay! Our brains tend to jump to the first thing that we did different and latch onto that being the issue. Sometimes that’s true, especially if you didn’t ground as you said. But sometimes it’s not :woman_shrugging: it takes a bit of detective work to be a witch and figure out how things affect us sometimes :laughing:

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

5 Likes

LOL, I am quickly learning! Who knew self discovery was so hard! :flushed: :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy: Thank you again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

You’re very welcome! :sparkles: :blush:

4 Likes

Happy if I could help! :blush::two_hearts:

Hahaha it’s so true! But I suppose the challenge is what makes it worthwhile :wink: And you’re doing great, Hira- I know you’ve got this! I’m cheering for you! :raised_hands: :heart:

Blessed be :sparkles:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.