Moon exhaustion

I can’t count how many moons I have wanted to prepare a ritual for and the likes, but I’ve started to notice a pattern that I can’t quite seem to understand.

Any moons that happen in my signs(Sag Sun, Libra Moon, Scorpio Rising), I am of course excited to work with the energies. When it comes to the day or even days before the moon, I am absolutely exhausted. Not so much mentally, but physically. I fall into deep sleeps all throughout the day/night.

Does this happen to anyone else? I can’t recall if I have Pisces in my chart but I was knocked out for this moon cycle.

16 Likes

I get exhausted the day after a full moon and in sort of a funk. Especially if the day before I was busy doing things for the moon energy and yesterday was full of making things, setting things up, doing things. Today I’m just drained and in a funk. I noticed it the last full moon or any moon that I have done any kind of spell or ritual for, or any time that I do and magical workings, I have remembered to ground myself before and afterwards, but sometimes I am just totally drained the day after.

8 Likes

I get it too! I planned the moon ritual last night. But had family come over just to say hi. Which is sweet! However, they stayed a bit longer than I thought and by the time they left, I felt so tired! I could not do any ritual. Only thing I did was put my tools out to energize and make :full_moon: water.
However, tonight I will be doing my ritual. Feeling a bit tired and like you say, “sleepy” So I’m not sure why. But I do notice I do get tired around the full :full_moon:. Must be since I’m becoming more in tune with its power I’m noticing it more!? Now when I close my eyes I can actually feel it’s shape and precense. Where as before I began my journey I never could feel anything . Therefore, I assume I’m growing spiritually…

8 Likes

Full Moon hangover time!! :full_moon:

The moon brings out a lot in us just like it can give us a power boost. Some people hate the full moon for this reason!

@janelle I wouldn’t blame it on the moon in Pisces, but I would do a meditation to release some of that energy. Perhaps a centering such as a body scan meditation and then a grounding meditation or any other grounding techniques.

I took in a lot of that lunar energy last night and today I started a fire on the kitchen stove first thing in the morning :fire:

A relaxing bath should also help!

12 Likes

I like to visualise myself growing tree roots and giving the excess energy back to the earth i learnt that tip from the psychic soul

9 Likes

A fire?:fire:Oh no!:fire_extinguisher:is everyone and everything ok?:pleading_face: I have the biggest phobia of fire! It Began as a child (4 yrs) I had a fire drill and the teacher warned the class before hand. When it came time, I zoomed out the class, down the hall out the building and around the corner. I refused to go back! I also had an aunt and 3cousins pass in a house fire. They were found in the stairs :persevere: so close to the door. But when I learned more about reincarnations, I believe that I was in a bad fire. I haven’t been in this lifetime. But yeah, that’s my greatest fear.

6 Likes

“Sky above me, Earth below me, Fire within me.”

Fire can be scary! I dropped food on the burner and it made a big flame. We have an old stove.

The alarm was beeping, there was smoke everywhere, and the fire extinguisher we have was empty. I had to do use a wet towel but in those attempts I sacrificed 2 towels and now the kitchen floor is burnt… :neutral_face:

Always be careful with fire!!

6 Likes

Ohh goodness- that’s unfortunate about the towels and floor. I’m glad everyone was okay though! :pray: It sounds like a very scary experience- fire is an important part of life and magick, but I agree with @christina4, it can indeed be terrifying!

The changing of the seasons always make me feel that the energy is the air is extra charged. With so many changes in the world around us, this may be effecting your own energy and could potentially lead to feeling stressed or burned out! I love this guide to spellwork fatigue that has tips on post magick recovery :+1:

I hope everyone was able to absorb some powerful moon energy and that those feeling exhaustion have started to recover! :full_moon:

6 Likes

Wow! Glad everyone ok!!

6 Likes

I know what you mean, I have a boost of energy which grows from New Moon to Full Moon, by the time I get to Full Moon i’m exhausted, and then Full Moon to New Moon is spent almost recovering from it.

4 Likes

Oh no! Glad you’re ok!

4 Likes

I definitely had spell/moon exhaustion yesterday with background depression. I was okay once the moon came back in the evening. I felt more like myself. I didn’t do anything last night, I kind of just hung out and we watched a couple of movies.

I’m glad everyone is okay @Francisco, I have fire PTSD. My boyfriend and I were awoken to a fire and had to jump out of the bathroom window. For a long time if I woke up and saw any kind of bright light especially with a yellow or orange hue, I would jump out of bed and be out of the room before I realized it was the lights from a car or on a truck. Now I am super careful with candles or I use incense, diffusers, or wax melts if I can.

5 Likes

Janelle,
I had that happen to me too! Because I am a caregiver and being a caregiver means that you’re constantly having to care for other people and this is why witchcraft really works great for me because it gives me time for me although sometimes when I come home I feel zapped from the full moon. I even am regular with my Menstrual period during the full moon so that just goes to see that my hormones are crazy like.You are totally not alone I feel you. There was a full moon once for three days grace period I forgot what moon it was but I was so elated because my schedule seems to be so overwhelming sometimes!
Jeannie
Blessed be✨

5 Likes

I hope you had some restful time over the weekend and were able to recover from your exhaustion, @Jeannie1! :pray: I experienced a bout of Full Moon exhaustion this weekend too- I’ll be planning some time this week for self-care rituals to help recover :relaxed:

I hope everyone had a blessed Full Moon- for anyone experiencing moon exhuastion or spell burnout, take some time for yourself this week! May the energy of the Full Moon return to you again soon :raised_hands: :full_moon:

Blessed be!

3 Likes

That’s crazy cuz I thought I had something wrong or my thyroid was acting up but I’ve noticed it happens every month I fall asleep while writing in my journal meditating and even cooking n doing dishes but that makes a lot of sense cuz some times I’m not tired m sometimes I fall asleep standing my GMA could go to sleep at the snap of a finger so I just thought it was me

5 Likes

I am the opposite. I find myself with high anxiety and very restless. I have night terrors and i find they peak at this time every month. I am trying to find a pattern and ways to ease this. I am hoping the more i practice lunar magic and complete rituals that if will assist in easing my anxiety. I naturally have anxiety and also PTSD. My anxiety has created a lonely world for myself because i find it hard to get out into society due to being a sensitive empath along with my anxiety.It causes so much to stir up inside me and i am trying to find ways to better this. I find meditating before a ritual( even the day before) helps me focus and keep me in line for my said rirual. Since finding spell8, i have begun to progress more and more.

3 Likes

Anxiety and empathy can certainly add extra stress to social interactions- I’m sorry you have been struggling with this, Dorian! Meditation truly is a blessing- it’s helped me with my anxiety in astounding ways, and I’m really happy to hear that it helps you too :heart:

I’m cheering for you- I hope you continue to progress on your magickal path and find many wonderful techniques for managing your anxiety, PTSD, and empathy talents! :pray::sparkles:

Much love and blessed be!

3 Likes

I feel since i found my path that the universe is guiding me. I am in recovery(4 years sober). It was during my first year being all in during my recovery i decided to take a 180 and really pursue this avenue and i havent looked back. I spirituality has grown so much and i see the world so differently. Living in the city is my next hurdle. I am not a fan of the hustle and bustle and just plain out how mean people have become. I know i am going to meet people on here who genuinely care and are authentic.

4 Likes

@Dorian1 It sounds like you have overcome a lot on your path- I’m glad you found such a beautiful guiding light in your spirituality! :sparkling_heart: And I know the feeling of city life- there are certainly a lot of benefits and conveniences to be found in the city (that I miss a lot when I’m out here in the countryside!) but I agree the hustle and bustle can wear you down after a while :tired_face:

Luckily, your spirituality and magick stay with you no matter where you are located physically- I hope you continue to grow and thrive on your path, Dorian! :sparkles:

Blessed be!

3 Likes

I woke up this morning , and felt like I had run a marathon physically. Mentally, I’m feeling like , “ ugh just don’t want to do today “. I couldn’t understand it. I’ve been on a high energy, focused, and getting shit done roll for two weeks.
I logged into Spells 8, like every morning to see the daily ritual. Then went to the lunar part. Saw it was a full moon. “ oh boy, lots to do today” and also thinking ,” of all days, the day I’m mentally and physically exhausted.” As I scrolled down, I see , “moon exhaustion”. My eyes lit up . Read up and this topic also was shown. Wow! Is all I have to say. Since I’ve joined spells8 so many things that I’ve experienced in my life are finally making sense . Thank you for this amazing site .

Think I’ve over done it with the tarot card readings this week. Everyone wants their yearly outlook reading. I’ve done about 15 this week, which for me is a lot . I’m drained! Funny thing is , my lady who does mine , who is in Salem Ma, spoke to her on New Year’s Day, and her husband passed, and is no longer doing zoom or phone readings, so she sent me to her son. Which I’ve called everyday since New year day. He’s probably doing 20 a day , and wiped out , so I shouldnt complain about my 15. Anyway, I’m rambling . Hope everyone has a blessed day !

3 Likes