Spring Cleaning and De-clutter

Good work letting go and who knows what the universe will send you! Good to see you @georgia

10 Likes

I keep meaning to put up progress but since Iā€™m not completely done I havenā€™t. Figured Iā€™d post where I am and hopefully Iā€™ll finish the bookshelf this week.

Before

During

The hardest thing(s) was(were) trying to figure out what to do with old but unused dated planners, blank journals in sizes I donā€™t like, and trying to figure out how to organize and store my herbs :thinking:

11 Likes

How about wall shelves for the herbs thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been working on. I need more shelves for my herbs and oils. I have two small ones full :full_moon:

11 Likes

Iā€™m glad you are backwe missed having you home :house::house:

9 Likes

Looks great! @Satans_Helper shelves are the best.

10 Likes

I agree they free up a lot of space :milky_way: :rocket:

10 Likes

I found a few of those in my own collection. Iā€™ve been using the pages for brain drain, pulling a page out at a time as needed. That way, there is less waste. It was tricky with pages from a fur covered book, but I used another book or newspaper to write on. Just finished it off last week.

10 Likes

Itā€™s good to be home. Thank you.

Good to see you, too.

10 Likes

:bulb: I actually did something similar. Any Notes, To Do or blank sections I took the inserts out of the journal. Iā€™m always needing paper to jot notes down to move into my book later.

10 Likes

Just spent almost three hours cleaning

13 Likes

Whoa. Amazing job! :partying_face: :black_heart: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Thankyou it was a mess. Just had a busy couple weeks. It can get away from ya quickly for sure. I have a lot more to try to do this week before I go back to class next Tuesday. My next class wonā€™t be an easy one. Anatomy and physiology.

10 Likes

Good job!!! It looks amazing :clap: :heart_eyes:
Youā€™re a smart cookie. You got your classes. And the unseen realm supports your endeavors.

9 Likes

I started using the Cozi app so I can organize myself and the family. It has been very helpful.

10 Likes

Thankyou honey :honey_pot::honey_pot:

10 Likes

Fabulous job. Well done :green_heart:

10 Likes

Nice kitchen. It looks spacious. Ours are a lot smaller, and they took out counter space when they renovated!

10 Likes

Thankyou honey @tracyS

@georgia thank you. I canā€™t lie it is nice to have a big kitchen.

10 Likes

Discoveries

Washing a feather pillow is not only possible, but a really good idea. Just donā€™t allow it to be the only thing in the washer because the washer will be unbalanced- my washer started over two times, which wastes water, in an attempt to balance the tub. I had two outfits in the washer, but had to pull them out from under the pillow once wet enough to weigh down one side.

It takes FOREVER to dry a feather pillow. I ran it through my drier 4 times, and the pillow was still damp. Thus, wash a feather pillow only in hot weather so that sleeping on a damp core wonā€™t cause or contribute to catching a cold. Begin the process early in the morning for best results.

I like using a feather pillow because it is more firm so I can lay on my side without a stiff neck in the morning. It costs more, but lasts much longer than most pillows- my current pillow is 6 years old and still going strong. Of course, it helps that Iā€™m not allergic to feathers or birds.

Some companies cut corners in making their pillows by not washing the feathers before sewing into the pillow. This causes a terrible smell, similar to wet dog even when dry. If you get a feather pillow, mattress pad, comforter, or coat that smells, wash it several times. The scent comes out eventually.

12 Likes

Been awhile, but did it. Cleared out all the dvds, got about 10 bags to go to charity. So much dust. But itā€™s done, as is the garden, and conservatory. Feels sooo good.

Now to hit the cupboards :rofl:

13 Likes