Storing tarot cards with cinnamon

A while back I was doing some notes on cinnamon and it’s uses for my herbal grimoire. Usually I just use cinnamon when working on money spells and love spells. So I checked in with Google and browsed a few different links and I came across Moody moons 10 uses for cinnamon

Here it was suggested that storing your tarot and oracle decks with a stick of cinnamon and keeping some on your altar would increase psychic vibrations and cleanse the residual reading gunk from your deck. So I sprinkled a pinch of ground cinnamon into the box I keep my witches tarot deck stored in and started dressing my purple candles I use for readings (lavender scent to help me relax) with peppermint oil and mugwort and cinnamon powder as well as adding cinnamon to the dish of purple salt that I set on my altar when doing readings. I’ve been storing my deck with the cinnamon and adding it to the salt the last week or so (of course I also keep a selenite wand and a couple of amethyst and rose quartz chips in my tarot box as well) and today I felt such a strong connection to the cards that I was seeing intuitive meanings on the card for each question instantly and finding links connecting each individual answer to another instantly. It was the most intuitive and clear reading I’ve ever done for myself on the 5 or 6 months that I’ve been reading them.
(I should also mention that I applied peppermint oil to my temples and over my third eye chakra as well)
But up until I started storing them with cinnamon my cards and I were constantly at odds with each other because even though I cleanse my deck between readings with white sage smoke and have stored them with my crystals mentioned earlier in my post since day one, lately they’ve decided that no matter how I clear their energies or charge them (I prefer moonlight but I’ve also tried using sunlight as well) they were going to give me unclear readings and then I started to doubt my intuition as a result. This was a last ditch effort to reconnect with them before starting to look into a second deck and a
Almost like the cinnamon gave a pep talk warning the deck it was about to be replaced the cards were eager to work with me today.

Just thought I’d share my experience with this in case it could help someone else. @Susurrus I know youre working with cards pretty steadily lately. Maybe this tip could help :woman_shrugging:t3:

16 Likes

Thank you so much. I will have to see what I have for cinnamon! I’m not sure if I have any sticks. I know I have powder & ground though.

5 Likes

@Siofra I used ground cinnamon that I had in my cabinet from the grocery store. Cinnamon sticks here are very pricey and you get very few. And they don’t really make an appearance until around late September or early October. But it seemed to have worked just the same

6 Likes

Oh, that’s what I’ll use then! I’ll get to it tomorrow. Thank you so much :heartbeat:

4 Likes

I loved this and can’t wait to try it as well! Thank you so much for the useful tips! I too have been delving deep into my tarot cards recently. I’m trying to also sew a tarot wrap for my cards in my down time wherever I’m at. I’m tempted to see into it a message or some sort of maybe even a gem if I can. I may do more research on this too.

6 Likes

@jessika maybe you could see a cinnamon stick into it to increase vibrations. I’ve also heard that bay leaves are useful for this as well.

@Susurrus you’re very welcome

6 Likes

I love it! This is helpful :+1:

5 Likes

This morning since I am the only one at the house awake, I did my daily tarot reading. Today I tried a 4 card daily reading. It wasn’t bad at all, nothing to really be concerned about considering what’s happening right now. After I was done, I restored my decks to their original energy & went hunting for cinnamon. To my surprise, we have none. Zip. Zilch. Nada, in any form. So I added it to the list of things I need to get when I go to the store. I am actually really surprised that we don’t have any. I’m guessing my daughter made something with it. Either monkey bread or toast with cinnamon & sugar.

Once I get them all set & have picked up the cinnamon, I am going to add some to the boxes for my tarot decks.

4 Likes

@Susurrus that would my luck for sure

4 Likes

:joy:

So then I go about my day & the last thing I did was go to the store for dinner. Guess what! I forgot the cinnamon… :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: @Susurrus bless your heart. I’ve read the same thing about bay leaves. Maybe if you have some bay leaves you could try that instead :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

I have always stored my cards with quartz and sage.

5 Likes

That’s super interesting! I’ve never heard of storing the cards with cinnamon but that’s a good idea!

4 Likes

@MeganB I’d never heard of it either but given the predicament I was in with my cards I was willing to give it a shot. 2 days in a row and my cards have been very eager to work with me and even helped me to communicate effectively about a pressing matter with my husband. It will definitely be a tip I will recommend to beginners from now on

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip and sharing your experience! I’ll definitely give it a try with one of my decks and see what happens!

4 Likes

Phew! I had a busy Saturday, but we had picked up ground cinnamon. So this morning after my tarot reading, I restored the deck to its original energy. I put some ground cinnamon in each of my boxes for my tarot & oracle cards. I also added some Amethyst chips to them.

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

@Susurrus I’m so glad you finally got some cinnamon. Hope it helps

3 Likes

Thank you! It was a good thing to focus on this weekend! :heart:

2 Likes