Strawberries and Champagne Cheesecake

Strawberries and Champagne Cheesecake

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 55 min.+ chilling
YIELD: 12 servings.

Ingredients:

1 cup champagne or other sparkling wine
2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 14 whole crackers)
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 large egg yolks

TOPPING:

20 fresh strawberries, hulled
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening, divided
1/3 cup white baking chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar

Directions:

1. Place champagne in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.

2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. Arrange sliced strawberries over the bottom.

3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, and reduced champagne. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over strawberries. Place pan on a baking sheet.

4. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.

5. Remove sides of the springform pan. For the topping, wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. Slice and arrange over cheesecake. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries. Repeat melting and drizzling with white baking chips and remaining shortening.

6. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Serve cheesecake with whipped cream.

Nutrition Facts:

1 slice: 684 calories, 42g fat (25g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.

7 Likes

Wow! This is to die for! :yum:

4 Likes

This looks & sounds amazing! I would love to make it but my son is allergic to Strawberries. I suppose, now that I’m thinking about it, I could switch out for a different fruit though. Maybe make a small one with strawberries for my daughter and I & then another fruit for my son. He likes cheesecake too.

1 Like

HAHAHAHA… that would be almost half the calories as I get in a day! BUT OH SOOOOO YUMMY!!

2 Likes

It does look yummy, doesn’t it?

I bet it would be wonderful with raspberries. With chocolate and champagne? That sounds like a good match!

It’s rich yeah, but it sounds like it would be worth blowing your diet!

Glad y’all liked it!

4 Likes

Just when I think you’ve posted the most temptingly delicious dessert ever, you one-up it with another stunning treat, @Amethyst! :heart_eyes: Ohhhhh this sounds AMAZING I am drooling at the thought :drooling_face::strawberry::two_hearts:

My favorite substitute for strawberries is raspberries, @Susurrus! Or cranberries (a very seasonal choice!), but you would probably have to increase the sugar a bit to balance the tartness.

2 Likes

Hee! Glad I can make you drool. I’ve been looking at Imbolc recipes now. Jump from one holiday to another.

2 Likes

I will find something, he’s allergic to strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, & coffee syrup. I could probably do blueberries though! He loves those. I would have the kids allergic to random fruits. Peanut is allergic to bananas. My oldest isn’t allergic to any foods.

2 Likes

What about Orange? That would go well with champagne and chocolate. Might be something good.

2 Likes

Oh that does sound good & both of my kids love oranges and clementines. I can’t keep them in the house when I get them. I’ll have to try that one. Great idea @Amethyst

2 Likes

And those little orange slices you get in a can would look great spiraled on the top. Or peel your own, if you can stand to do that many oranges. Glad you liked the idea love!

2 Likes