Strawberry Moon & A Ritual!

Another beautiful super moon this month! Super Strawberry Moon, which gets its name because in North America, wild strawberries are ready to be harvested and are at their peak during this time of the season.

Thursday, June 24 at 2:40 p.m. EDT (18:40 UTC) , but the moon will appear full the night before.

Around every 20 years, the Strawberry Moon coincides with the summer solstice. Pagans call June’s full moon the Lover’s Moon. A perfect time in the season to show love, connections, intimacy, and romance.

In Europe, this moon is known as the Honey Moon. In Europe it is traditional to gift mead or honey to newly married couples. The name honey moon itself is a common English phrase that is used when newlyweds go on vacation, hence the word Honeymoon.

Strawberry Moon Has Many Other Names:

• Lover’s Moon
  • Summer Moon
  • Hot Weather Begins Moon
  • Moon of the Turtle
  • Moon of Birthing
  • Honey Moon
  • Mead Moon
  • Rose Moon

Meditation Ritual Under the Strawberry Moon

Weather permitting, sit outside under the moon, or find a quiet place inside near a window where you will not be disturbed. Feel free to light a candle, or some incense, have crystals, have some water in jars outside or on a windowsill to collect that full moon energy! Have whatever you feel resonates with you in that moment.

I’m all about setting the vibes, so I like to have these types of things around me. I personally feel it raises my vibration and focus. However, don’t fret if you don’t have any items, you do not ’ need ’ any material items, all you need is yourself in the present moment.

If you are able too, sit with the full moon in view and begin to reflect on the things that you are grateful for.

Try to come up with at least three things you are grateful for as you will repeat them in the chant below.

When you are ready, repeat this chant out loud or quietly in your mind:

“Tonight, as I sit beneath the Strawberry Moon, I have reflected & feel grateful for (your three things). I’m grateful for the beautiful, open sky above and the grounding, solid earth below. As the season turns, I shall receive courage, abundance, peace, & love for myself and for all beings everywhere.”

Spend the next 5 minutes or so meditating quietly and receiving the full moon’s glorious energy.

:mage: If you are a practitioner of magick, timing your spells or rituals with the moon phases can give you that added zing. In my opinion, timing your magickal workings with the moon phases can be compared to swimming with the current; it’s easier to go with the flow than against it. :ocean:

:full_moon: Full Moon Attributes: Fruition, manifesting goals, nurturing, passion, healing, strength, power, love, knowledge, legal undertakings, money and dreams.

:full_moon: Prime time for rituals for prophecy, protection, divination. Any working that needs extra power, such as help finding a new job, new home or healing for serious conditions, should be done during this moon phase.

16 Likes

Ooh thank you because I was looking for a nice ritual. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This is beautiful and it’s perfect.

8 Likes

I had no idea what I was going to do for this full moon! Thank you!

8 Likes

Thanks so much! I was wondering what I was going to do this Thursday!

8 Likes

I didn’t know this- fun fact of the day! :star_struck: Guess it’s a good time to stop by the store and pick up some miód pitny (Polish honey wine) :honey_pot: :yum:

Thanks for this lovely information and ritual, @Silverbear! :heart: Hope everyone has a wonderful Strawberry Moon :strawberry: :full_moon_with_face:

7 Likes

@SilverBear , thank you for this ritual. I will set my water jars for moon water but i will watch it from my window, because the mosquitos are eating me alive this summer lol…

7 Likes

Oh they love my blood too…there could be 300 people and all mosquitoes find me lol.

7 Likes

I think this will be my ritual to connect with our Thursday Group Ritual! Thank you! (Also cool info on the moon names! I didn’t realize the term “honeymoon” originated with this moon!)

7 Likes

Thank you, SilverBear for sharing this with us!! I love it!

7 Likes

Lol… i def can relate!

5 Likes