Mineral Family: Moonstone
Structure: Feldspar
Hardness: 6-7
Chakra: Sacral, Solar Plexus
Zodiac: Leo :leo:, Libra :libra:
Element: Fire :fire:
Planet: Sun :sun_with_face:
Color: Orange :orange_heart:, Gold :1st_place_medal:, Amber :yellow_heart:

:sun_with_face: The name Sunstone comes from its obvious resemblance to the sun, especially when exhibiting radiant reflections that show โ€œflashโ€ or chatoyance (commonly caused by Goethite or Hematite inclusions).

:sun_with_face: This mineral has a history of at least a few hundred years and was discovered in 1837 by J.D. Dana.

:sun_with_face: Important localities have been discovered in Sri Lanka, India, Mexico, Norway, Russia, China, Canada and the U.S. (Oregon specifically).

:sun_with_face: Oregon has a very unique history with this crystal, itโ€™s Basalt flow contains some of the best Sunstone specimens the world has ever seen. Tiffany & Co were one of the first to purchase mining claims on this land, which was around the early 1900โ€™s.

:sun_with_face: Local Native Americans were known to highly treasure this mineral and revered it as a sacred stone gifted to them by Mother Earth. Some even buried their dead with small sachels of Sunstone, presumably as a gift to the Godโ€™s in the afterlife.

:sun_with_face: On August 4th, 1987, Sunstone became the official state gemstone (mineral) of Oregon.

:sun_with_face: Sunstone resonates directly with oneโ€™s solar plexus and sacral chakra. It helps align the two while creating an important communication channel.

:sun_with_face: As the โ€œsunnyโ€ rays of this crystal begin to imbue your entire body and aura, one may soon begin to go through a slight transformation process. This can change your current lifestyle, including relationship, hobbies, interests and ideas.

:sun_with_face: Try placing your most desires intention into your favorite piece of Sunstone and let it serve as a reminder of why you wake up and put all your energy into the day.

:sun_with_face:Other Properties:sun_with_face:
Strength, transformation, protection, luck and good fortune, knowledge, clearing, cleansing, truth, consciousness, leadership, abundance, aura cleansing, chakra cleansing.

I tried to get some flash or chatoyancy.

18 Likes

Thanks for this lovely information! You always do so well with these!

11 Likes

Aw, thank you love :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Wow, this was great information. I learned a lot.
Thank you so much for this.

8 Likes

I think these are also sunstones. :thinking: The one on the right has a small black streak in it on the other side, like your photo of one.

I only discovered they existed last year when I received the one on the right. The photos make them look quite small, but theyโ€™re almost like small palm stones.

8 Likes