Tea Blessing Prayer 🍵 Magical Herbalism!

This tea offering prayer comes from the book Magical Herbalism by Scott Cunningham, who adapted it from an ancient prayer, from the Great Magical Papyrus of Paris.

It can be used in daily Pagan spiritual practice, blessing tea, coffee, or any beverage with an intention in mind.

Find a printable page below! :printer:

Tea Offering Prayer :pray:

Here’s a printable page with this Wiccan blessing prayer. Add it to your Book of Shadows! You don’t have to be Wiccan to use this chant.

Tea-Blessing-Offering

I prepared a candle for Apollo, ancient god of music and dance, truth and prophecy, healing and diseases, the Sun and light… :sunny:

Apollo-god-prayer

Just like with the Green Man candle, I printed it on sticker printer paper and pasted it onto a glass candle. :candle: This one is black and white so it can be used as a coloring page too!

Bless your teas and have a blessed day! :pray:

7 Likes

This is lovely, @Francisco! Thank you so much for sharing- and also for including a print-out for both the blessing prayer and Apollo candle! :candle:

This is brilliant! I’ve never used sticker printer paper- I imagine it can be bought at a craft store? I wonder if it’s available here in Poland. It seems like it would be extremely useful to have around!

Can I ask if you remove the sticker at the end of the prayer? Or if you keep the candle as is (in this case, as an Apollo candle) to use in future blessings? Thanks again for sharing :candle::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it! :heart_eyes:

You can buy that printable vinyl sticker paper at most craft or office supplies stores. Here’s an option on Amazon so you’ll get an idea.

Once the candle has burned all the way, I typically take the sticker off and wash the glass jar for recycling it. But the glass can also be reused, for example turning them into planters and growing some bay leaf for Apollo! :leaves:

2 Likes

I love this, thanks for sharing! :two_hearts:
What do you usually do with the tea that you offered to the Gods? I don’t have a garden, so I guess my only options would be to either drink it myself or pour it down the drain :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I used a small cup and poured it down the drain as a symbolic act of giving it up, so I didn’t drink it.

But pouring it in a flowerpot or garden is also a good idea. You may want to drink it instead, but I chose not to, that’s why I prepared two cups! :tea: :tea:

4 Likes

A great idea- very eco-friendly and resourceful! :herb::two_hearts: I love to hoard old glass jars and containers- I guess I’m a bit of a crow :laughing:. Using them for plants is a wonderful idea! Although I imagine I’d have to be extra careful about not overwatering if the glass doesn’t have holes for drainage :thinking: :droplet: . I think they’d be perfect for succulents though! :star_struck:

I also tend to feel a bit guilty about pouring offerings down the drain or disposing of them :sweat_smile:… I’ve found it helps a lot to focus on your intent as you do it! I try to mentally visualize giving up the offering as it leaves, or I make an effort to say thank you and express gratitude for the offering. That way it feels more like a step in the ritual process and less like throwing things away :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for all the information! I was never quite sure what to do with offerings, so it’s good to know that it’s ok to dispose of them or in this case pour them down the drain as long as the right intention is there :blush:

3 Likes