Teas or Diffuser combos for allergies?

Hello!! My huge client has finally wound down so I am not working 50+ hours a week now and can refocus on my practice. However, it is now high allergy season here in southeast Texas. I am miserable!! I take benadryl at night so I can sleep otherwise I wake myself up coughing from post-nasal drip. I do take a daily medication but they have all seem to stop working yet the doctors won’t give me any thing as my allergy test “wasn’t negative enough”.

Does anyone have any teas or diffuser essential oil combos that are good for allergies? Or anything else really at this point. I am willing to try anything!

Thanks in advance and Blessed Be!

6 Likes

One combination I swear by is peppermint, lavender, and lemon in either a rollerball or diffuser. It’s saved me so many times and, as a bonus, it smells pretty good! I had mentioned this to someone in a Discord server I’m in, too. They don’t have essential oils so they instead used strong infusions of peppermint in some hot water with lemon juice and are having good results, too. Allergies suck so bad :laughing: I know how you feel!

There’s even a sinus clearing recipe here somewhere…here, I found a few links you might try!

Sickness Remedies

Sinus Clearing Herb Salt Bowl

Chamomile Eucalyptus Healing Bath

7 Likes

I jokingly tell people I am allergic to April and May, but allergies are seriously no joke. I use a lot of lavender, eucalyptus and lemon and I also learned how to use a neti pot to rinse my sinuses frequently. I 100% recommend! I also take a teaspoon of local honey a day, which I’ve heard is an old wives tale, but I haven’t been led astray by any old wives, so what can it hurt! I sincerely hope you get to feeling better! I empathize with you on the allergy misery!

7 Likes

You can use peppermint, wintergreen, tea tree oil, &/or Eucalyptus in any combination & it will be like a vicks sinus rub in the air. My husband has me make that one up when his sinuses start going.

My husbands favorite is Eucalyptus, Wintergreen, & Tea Tree, he says that works the best :ok_hand:

8 Likes

Thanks everyone!

@MeganB that combo sounds yummy! And thank you for the links. I’ll be sure to check them out.

@AileyGrey I am allergic to the same months, lol! I’ll have to see if I can get local honey at the next farmers market. Our HEB does have Texas Honey but I think it’s from the hill country area. I use it as a sweetener in my teas instead of sugar.

@Susurrus I already use eucalyptus a lot because it’s great for migraines so I can easily try these combos too. Thanks!

5 Likes

It’s so good!

4 Likes

@Susurrus i have an addiction to Vicks… I will have to try that!

5 Likes

Hello @Amaris_Bane
My daughter also lives in Texas and she has really been suffering from allergies too. I take a Zirtek in the morning and Benedryl at night. I also take a Sudafed to try to keep my nose clear and use Flonase.
A combination of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint helps with allergies. You can diffuse them, but burning them will destroy the healing properties. And of course, I always recommend medicinal and/or therapeutic grade essential oil so you can apply them to your skin.
Hope you feel better soon!

4 Likes

@marsha Texas allergies are no joke! I’ve cycled through Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec and they don’t work any more. I am currently on Xyzal which I take at night. Then I take Benadryl at night. I use breathe right strips a lot too. I’ll try those combos in my diffuser as well. Thanks!

4 Likes

I know, every time I talk to my daughter she sounds all stuffed up!

4 Likes

You can try stinging nettle tea in addition to the advice already provided. Here’s a link on how to steep the tea along with some other herbal tea remedies for seasonal allergies:

Hope this helps. I’m a fellow sufferer so I can truly sympathize.

5 Likes

I didn’t even think about stinging nettle tea! My mom used to make it for me when I was a teenager, as well with echinacea. I do have quite a bit of it sitting around.

5 Likes

Sorry about your allergies, @Amaris_Bane! :pray: I used to get the worst allergies, like down for the count until the sneezing fits stopped. I feel you :sweat_smile:

You’ve got some fantastic advice and suggestions for easing up the allergy fits when they hit- so as a friendly tip for preventing allergies in the first place, the golden medicine (literally) for me was local honey :honey_pot:

Find yourself a local beekeeper or shop that sells local honey- preferably local wildflower honey. Put a small spoon of it into your tea each morning or take it raw. I’ve found it helps to boost your immunity and helps your body adjust to local flaura and fauna (so it no longer has to work so hard to fight it).

Plus, honey is loaded with health benefits- it’s a win-win situation! :grinning: I hope it can help you too!

Good luck and blessed be! :honeybee: :sparkles::sunflower:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.