The Best Lemon Bars

Less than two weeks till Spring! Have some lemon bars for the holiday!

The Best Lemon Bars

prep: 15 mins
cook: 40 mins
total: 55 mins
Servings: 36
Yield: 1 - 9x13 inch pan

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 eggs
1 ½ cups white sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 lemons, juiced

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Step 2

In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour, and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.

Step 3

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.

Step 4

Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green. After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2-inch squares and arrange in a checkerboard fashion.

Recipe courtesy of All Recipes.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

I love lemon bars! I think I am going to keep this one & try to make it soon. Such a good springtime snack! :lemon: :heart:

4 Likes

Glad I posted something you like! I’m thinking of posting an egg salad recipe next week. Something to do with all the eggs from Ostara with.

3 Likes

My family goes through eggs like we are having a shortage

4 Likes

Don’t say that too loud, it’ll start a run on eggs again this year! LOL

4 Likes

@Amethyst , yummy recipe!

4 Likes

I just made a similar recipe with my granddaughter! So much fun.

4 Likes

Citrusy lemony goodness! :lemon: :yum: A tasty treat to brighten up the last days of winter and welcome in spring. Thanks, @Amethyst! :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks, @walter! Glad you like the lemon bars!

Family Fun in the kitchen is always special. That’s the kind of stuff you remember. Glad you had the chance with your granddaughter.

You’re welcome, darling! Glad you like it! I’ve been looking for more spring recipes. I’m thinking of doing an egg salad recipe next week, that is if I can find a good one. I’m not big into egg salad so I don’t know what’s good, you know?

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat, Kasie- can’t say I’ve ever been a fan of egg salad either. Fried and scrambled eggs are yummy, but from there I draw the line :face_with_hand_over_mouth: . My partner finally got me to eat a hard-boiled egg the other day and that was an egg-citing accomplishment :joy: Egg salad might still be a ways off!

Good luck with your recipe hunt- you always find great things to share! Thanks as always for spreading the Kitchen Witchery love :woman_cook: :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks, love! Your wish of good luck must have worked because I found an interesting one called Magical Egg Salad. Seemed like a good fit!

3 Likes

Egg Salad is AWESOME! My family is like @Susurrus we go through eggs like crazy. Who here likes poached eggs??? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Would you like an egg salad recipe with steak sauce in it to give it kick? I wouldn’t know, and I wanted to post something different.

2 Likes

@Rowan I like poached eggs! My son & his girlfriend actually want to build a chicken coop in our yard to cut down on the amount of eggs we buy. :rofl: I’m like… so you will take care of them for a week & then I have to do it & I can’t commit to being able to doing it if I am having a flare. They are loves though. My son also bought a hat & boots to get me to agree to their idea. :chicken: :egg:

3 Likes

Hahaha! I love it!

3 Likes