Things to do with all those jars, dried herbs, and flowers

I know those of us that have been in the craft for over a year have saved everything just in case. Lol, at least I know I have. I have boxes of dried flowers and a ton of jars and I need to start putting them to use, so this is what I made today.

26 Likes

This is really pretty! What kind of flowers are in the jar? Are you making a flower oil?

15 Likes

Ooohhh… that is really pretty! I love :heart: it! Whats in with the herbs :herb: & flowers :bouquet:? It’s a gorgeous jar! :heart_eyes:

15 Likes

2 rose buds, 2 mums and other stuff from flowers that have been drying in my kitchen. I have so many dried flowers herbs I saw something on pinterest with dried flowers in a jar with mineral oil. This is an experiment, but the flowers are supposed to keep there color for awhile. I am going to decorate everything with my dried flowers and need ideas.

The image doesn’t do the jar justice. The colors are brighter then the image, and I over stuffed it because I didnt have much mineral oil. It’s an experiment. Lol! But doesn’t it look like it belongs in a witches house on a shelf?

17 Likes

It definitely looks like it belongs on a witch’s shelf, for sure! It is beautiful!

15 Likes

Thank you @MeganB! It could easily be a spell with intention, but I’m just experimenting with it right now. A spell on a shelf for closet witches!

16 Likes

It’s beautiful @Ostara

12 Likes

Thank you @Nixi! I have a few more dried flower ideas to work on.

12 Likes

I have to tell you about the jar. At Christmas time they have those little jars at Dollar Tree with little Christmas trees and snow in it. So I picked up some just because I loved the jars so much.

11 Likes

That’s is so beautiful :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

That’s stunning!!! ** :star_struck:**

10 Likes

I recently crafted a blessing jar using things I’ve foraged in my new home state – an expression of gratitude for a long-awaited move to the Pacific Northwest. It was my first jar using only those things i foraged myself. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I love that mushroom charm! And I know she’ll see it but I’m going to tag her anyway – @BryWisteria has a thing for mushrooms :mushroom: :joy:

I recently made a grounding oil like this with things I foraged from my own backyard. I’m glad to hear you’ve settled nicely in the PNW. It’s gorgeous out there!

12 Likes

It’s beautiful!

12 Likes

My latest creation and I have a big mess to clean up now.

It was just a plain wreath with leaves so I added dried flowers to it.

16 Likes

I guess it’s not going to upload. Lol! I don’t have much of a signal at the moment.

11 Likes

Ehh it happens sometimes :sweat_smile: maybe it will eventually upload!

11 Likes

I only have 1 bar of service at the moment. I just love rural living. Lol!

10 Likes

@Ostara When you attempt to upload it again, make sure after the sentence there is a space & then hit enter to leave a space after the image. Sometimes that will get it to upload it properly.

9 Likes

Odd question, are mushrooms a Witch thing and my broken memory hasn’t made the connection? The only people I know that are super into mushrooms are Witches. Although it’s not a very big pool to pull from :laughing:

10 Likes