This one or that one or maybe this one over here

Any suggestions for a site to buy Tarot cards?

9 Likes

Temu is great place to purchase! And if you use my link and promo code I’ll earn points to go towards a free deck. They are the same high priced deck you see in stores but only 3-9 bucks. They have a qr code to scan for the guidebook. Download Temu and search my code on Temu to accept my invitation: 84136911.
I don’t know if all that is allowed so if not please don’t use. I’m just merely suggesting what i use.

8 Likes

Yeah I don’t know because of the promo code but that’s really just how those sites work so I don’t know. I personally don’t buy from Temu but I do appreciate the recommendation

8 Likes

I really LOVE my deck from Labyrinthos. There cards are stunning and there’s a good variety! Labryrinthos

Let me know what you think!

—Hazel RAE :lotus:

:pisces::capricorn::sagittarius:
:sweat_drops::fire::wind_face::earth_americas:

8 Likes

@Rayven_Wynd oh good! You like those? I just ordered a deck from there, it just seems to take a long time to arrive.

8 Likes

Thank you, I’ll check it out right now. I might have to wait a week or 2 for my husband to recover from my recent shopping spree before buying though :laughing:

8 Likes

Hi @Nixi!

Amazon and Etsy both have an impressive collection of tarot and oracle decks available for purchase. Llewellyn has an online shop for decks- and it looks like they have a Spring Equinox sale (35% off with the promo code on the site) going on now too!

I bought my Oppositions Tarot Deck from Lo Scarabeo- a publisher in Italy, although I bought it directly from a shop, you can order online on their website.

You could also run a google search to see if you have any new age/spiritual shops nearby- they often carry tarot decks and may be able to help with recommendations :grinning:

So long as the recommendation is honest and the user is upfront about any benefits/terms of using the promo code, then it is perfectly fine to share a personal discount code! :blush:

7 Likes

I like supporting my local witchy businesses, but of course those vary based on where you live… but with some research you might find something beautiful close by! :blush: For me it means online order from the next town up north, there’s a small shop run by two women that has a surprisingly wide selection of tarot and oracle decks, crystals, incense, just about everything a witch needs, they always include a personal thank you note and sometimes something extra :heart:

7 Likes

I have used Etsy, Ebay, Kickstarter, I think Amazon once or twice, & I have used the “Shop” app… which will bring you to smaller business shops including Etsy. I have a Lo Scarabeo deck that I believe I got through a link to their site.

Sometimes just doing an internet search you’ll find incredible tarot and/or oracle decks from the small business site or shop that way too.

5 Likes

I actually highly discourage people from buying tarot decks from sites like Temu, Wish, and the like. These decks that they’re selling for a couple of dollars, the ones with the QR code for the guidebook, are all counterfeit decks. The creators of those decks don’t earn their royalties from fraudulent decks and I for one don’t personally encourage knowingly purchasing fraudulent products, even if those products are less expensive than the real decks.

If the deck is published by someone like Llewellyn, you can purchase directly from them or from Amazon, depending on your location. I know Llewellyn doesn’t ship to every country. Amazon tends to be the most popular place to buy tarot decks because it is usually accessible to everyone.

I’m all for supporting your local stores, too! If you have one local to you but they don’t carry the deck you’re looking for, you can always ask them if they can order a specific one for you. This way you get what you want and you’re still supporting local businesses!

8 Likes

I usually go for the actual sites & then it directs me to either Etsy, Amazon, or Shop. I can only recall one deck I got from eBay. I’m not typically an eBay buyer :laughing: I’ve never heard of Temu, but good to know!

I’ve never really looked at the Llewellyn site… I had no idea they had any decks :laughing: I’ve also never heard of Temu.

I wish we had more “witchy” shops in my area that had things like this… or maybe I’m too much of a homebody :thinking:

Kickstarter is like a “campaign” site/app… the creators have their decks in the orgination phases & you place an “order” or “donation” amount towards the deck being funded from print to distribution. If the… "reserve" is met then once the deck or publication is ready for distribution you will receive what was included with your donation amount. I’ve only had 1 not meet the reserve & in that case you don’t pay anything to the creator.

The decks I’ve gotten from “Shop” or “Etsy” were the creator’s shops. Others I’ve gotten from Google searches were from the creator’s direct sites. I’ve gotten a couple from “Amazon” & the ones I got from there I was directed to from either something else by the creator I purchased or the creator’s site itself type of thing.

6 Likes

That isn’t an option even if I could get out of the house and I probably could be for that especially if it were like I remember it. I was there a few months ago and she was cold like customers were an inconvenience where when I visited about 15 years ago she was so kind and helpful and excitedly showed me around. And this last visit I discovered she not only doesn’t know the difference of the different types of gypsum, she had never heard of Satin Spar.

6 Likes

I looked and there wasn’t much of a variety and nothing that I saw really grabbed me but thank you. My search has led me to all kinds of decks and I’ve seen some beautiful ones and it’s kind of like a trip through an Art Gallery. A rather large Art Gallery

6 Likes

Any suggestions for sites to start with. I don’t buy anything from Etsy unless I’m led there. I’m 0 for 3 for Go look around for something Etsy puchases

4 Likes

Awww it sounds like the shop went downhill over the years- I’m sorry to hear it, Nixi! Well, luckily, technology comes to the rescue in this case- I hope you’re able to find a lovely deck in your online shopping adventures! :blush:

Good luck and happy shopping! :heart:

4 Likes

Good morning @Nixi! :sunrise: I will look through my decks & favorite(d) shops & definitely get back to you. :smiling_face:

Are there themes in particular that you’re drawn to? I can try to start there or just give you a list shops that I have & have worked with a few times :hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you @Siofra_Strega I’m not 100% on themes and I believe this is the first time buying myself. I was given my current deck because I had mentioned wanting a Connolly deck because that was the system I learned to start, recieved the beginner book with a different deck.
I liked the subtle name changes and what I call “Answer hazy ask again later card”.
My main looking points are that they not be plastic or heavily coated, bright imagery and at least name changes for the Devil card st least, it reminds me of the point when the Christian Devil first had horns and makes me rather angry

5 Likes

It used to be a lovely little shop, a bit on the pricey side but it was so welcoming that it was worth it

5 Likes

Wow what a lovely little shop, my only local shop is pretty much the opposite so that really an option

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about that shop, I can understand why you don’t want to give them your business or energy, I definitely wouldn’t either… :slightly_frowning_face: :people_hugging:

5 Likes