Tips on how to celebrate Samhain alone?

As title says , can anyone guide me on how to celebrate Samhain alone ? I want to get back into the flow of witchcraft but I don’t know where to start , it’s also going to be my first Samhain and I don’t know how to celebrate this holiday :confused:
Any spells or rituals I can do that don’t require too much material ?
Thank you for tips :relaxed:
Blessed be :first_quarter_moon_with_face::full_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

7 Likes

Hey there @MidnightVixxen :jack_o_lantern:

Celebrating Samhain on your own doesn’t have to be difficult or complicated. Samhain is about the dying vegetation, our ancestors, and descending into the dark half of the year. Here are a few ideas to celebrate Samhain on your own!

:corn: Ancestor Altar
:corn: Bake some Soul Cakes
:corn: Carve some pumpkins or, if you want to be more traditional, some turnips!
:corn: Have a dumb supper
:corn: Pay homage to the Wiccan Gods

In Wicca, Samhain is deemed to be the most important of the four “greater Sabbats” (Samhain, Yule, Imbolc, Ostara). Like all other sabbats, this is a time to pay homage to the deities of Wicca : The Lady (or Triple Goddess), and the Lord (or Horned God). ( How to Celebrate Samhain: Rituals & Ideas! skull)

Spells8 Ideas

You can also search here in the forum for Samhain and a bunch of ideas will pop up!

8 Likes

You could also do some divination for the upcoming year, look through photo books which may have photos of your recent dead, and, as long as you do it respectfully, visit a graveyard and clean it up some. Just make sure the caretaker of the cemetery knows your there, otherwise, they may think you’re up to mischief.

Here is a great video on how to celebrate Samhain, with some other ideas. It’s for those of us in the broom closet and not.

Hope this gives you some ideas, along with the other ones the lovely @MeganB provided.

6 Likes

What are the Samhain themed incenses and crystals ?
Also I just redecorated my altar for Halloween :jack_o_lantern: it’s not much but it’s what I had XD what do you guys think ? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What a gorgeous altar, @MidnightVixxen! I love all the bright colors and beautiful elements you included- it is wonderful to look at :jack_o_lantern::candle::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Kasie and Megan have some fantastic resources above- definitely check those out! There are also some additional tips and tricks including in this week’s Challenge- The Veil Between Worlds which is designed around Samhain :skull:

Wishing you a very happy Samhain- enjoy! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

It looks great!

I personally don’t have any specific Samhain themed items that I can think of. Normally around this time of the year, I just prefer to have things in my home that smell like pumpkin spice, apple pie, and all the fall :maple_leaf: scents.

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous! I love the altar cloth and the triple moon tile!

5 Likes

Good morning! That’s a lovely altar! I just added to mine this morning and throughout the day I am going to work on my room and altar. I made my room my sanctuary and spend most of my time here right now while I heal from surgery.

I put a photo album of my ancestors on my altar and when I looked through it, I found that my daughter had added a little note to it that says, “Future Generations, by Peanut”. I’m going to place some of my grandmother’s jewelry on my selenite wands in a little bit and then I think I will share a picture of how it’s changed for Samhain.

I hope you have a great day, there are already some wonderful suggestions for you to celebrate! I hope they work out for you! Blessed Be :star2: :crescent_moon:

4 Likes

Looks great! You did a good job!

4 Likes

Depends on what you want to do with them! This is from the book The Sacred Herbs of Samhain:

Purification herbs samhain

And according to the Llewellyn 2020 Sabbats Almanac (last year’s), stones that are appropriate to use in your Samhain festivities include all colors of calcite, fire opal, all forms of jasper, jet, hematite, moldavite, andtektite, obsidian.

Like Megan said, there are some more correspondences here: How to Celebrate Samhain: Rituals & Ideas! 💀

3 Likes

I posted a guide on Samhain/Halloween in the forum the other day. It has tons of info like crystals to use, herbs & plants, color correspondence, etc. I also included some youtube videos to watch and articles to check out. It covers a lot of information :slight_smile:

6 Likes