To Find Your Personal Symbol

15 Likes

Thanks @roxanne I’m going to try this tonight when I’m meditating

3 Likes

Ty @roxanne, I meditated then tried this, however when I got to the top of my stairs there was nothing :frowning: I will continue to do it until I find my symbol

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing, @roxanne! :two_hearts: Ooohhh I’m excited to find my personal symbol :star_struck: I’ll set aside some time for meditation tonight and see if I have any luck at the top of the staircase :+1:

Hmmmm it could be that your symbol doesn’t have a material or tangible form. You could be resonating with something like an element- maybe the element of air :cloud: or of the mind :sparkles: ? Or perhaps there is a more urgent issue blocking your mediation practice that you have to address before you can find your symbol at the top of the stairs?

Keep trying, @Katt! :raised_hands: There is a lot that can be revealed to us through meditation. Best of luck- I am sure you will find something of value in your meditation, whether it’s your personal symbol, important knowledge or visions, or an experience! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hmmm interesting. I was looking for an actual symbol but all I saw was was a haze that is the best way I can dis robe it. I was told from an online tarot reading that my heart and crown chakra are blocked so I am working on getting that taken care of first and foremost :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh yes! Get all your chakras aligned and get your mind free and try it all again, it takes some patience but you will soon find it through the haze… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did a morning tea meditation today as I watched the sunrise over the city :city_sunrise: and gave this visualization technique a try in hopes of finding my personal symbol!

Almost immediately as I began my deep breathing I found myself walking up a swirling flight of old stone stairs. Around and around, up and up- and it took less time than I expected to reach the top. When I got there I realized I had been climbing the stairs of a lighthouse. In the beacon of light at the center of the room, was a metal compass spinning in various directions :compass:

I can’t say I’m surprised about the compass- I’ve often considered getting one as a small tattoo! I love the symbol and I think it represents me, my travels, and my constant pursuit of knowledge :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I didn’t expect how vivid the visualization would be, or how quickly it would work! Usually I struggle to focus and concentrate when meditating :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much for sharing, @roxanne! I really enjoyed this meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: :two_hearts:

8 Likes

That’s so cool, especially that it worked so perfectly for you on your first try :smile:
And a compass tattoo sounds like a great idea to me :blush: where would you place it?

4 Likes

Wow that’s great and with all the travelling you do a compass is so fitting

3 Likes

Oh, I’m going to try this. I will have to wait for tomorrow morning when the house is completely quiet and when the sun rises! Looking forward to finding my symbol. Thank you @roxanne :hugs: :blush:

3 Likes

I love the compass rose! I can definitely see a tattoo with its deep symbolism (spiritual direction, awakening and discovery)… And they always look so good!

4 Likes

Thank you @Katt, @christine4, and @Francisco! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hahaha I was surprised too! Although I sure it helped that I had already connected a compass with being my personal symbol- I’ve been considering the tattoo for years! :laughing: :compass:

When I was in Thailand I was so close to getting it- I had picked out the studio and artist and even had a few rough designs sketched out! But it wasn’t meant to be- after working out all the details, the artist turned out to be away and wouldn’t be available until after I left Thailand :sweat_smile:

I’m considering a very simple compass on one of my wrists :compass: - something small for now! I have several piercings, but this would be my very first tattoo- so better to do something small at first!

I had considered getting it on my back, between my shoulders- but I think sometime in the future I’d like to get the moon phases down my spine! :first_quarter_moon: Possibly something like this (thanks to google for a random picture- not mine… although I wish I had this tattoo!):

On that note, has anyone else gotten a tattoo of their personal symbol? :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Another lovely idea :waning_gibbous_moon:
and I’m sure you’ll find the right artist for the compass! Nowadays it’s rather easy seeing as pretty much every tattoo artist has their portfolio on instagram :blush:

I don’t know yet what my personal symbol is, I have to try the meditation out soon :dizzy:
I do however have a lot of tattoos already; how funny would it be if I had my personal symbol already tattooed on me without even knowing? :laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you, @christine4! :two_hearts: This is so true- the internet makes it easy to find talented artists! :grin: Although sometimes the sheer amount of possible tattoo artists can be overwhelming- so many to choose from! Although I haven’t searched for any yet in my current city… maybe it’s time to start the hunt! :face_with_monocle:

Ooohhhhhh!!! I think this is a very good possibility!! :heart_eyes: As a picture or symbol that you chose to carry with you forever, tattoos naturally have a lot of importance! I think there’s a good chance you may already know one or more of your personal symbols :grin: :+1:

Good luck with the meditation when you give it a try- let us know how it goes, and if you can spot your personal symbol! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I love that tat, but how painful was it in the spine? I have a few and the worst was down the ribs. I would actually consider getting g that done

4 Likes

Hahaha the idea of the pain is one of the main reasons preventing me from getting this kind of tattoo! I was a big chicken when it came to getting my piercings :joy:- although they never hurt as much as I thought they would! Even the nose ring wasn’t that bad :+1:. Sometimes the worse part of anything someone’s scared of is the waiting beforehand!

Wow, yes- I imagine your rib tattoos hurt quite a bit! :astonished: A friend of mine has many tattoos all over her body, but she said that the most painful one was the mandala she got on the tops of her feet :foot:. From what I’ve heard the pain increases with proximity to bones… so I think getting a spine tattoo would be a pretty uncomfy experience!

3 Likes

Lovely tattoos and I love the idea of a compass on your wrist! :compass:

My best friend has a compass and it’s really cool!:smiley:

My most painful tattoo was on my foot/ankle, the one on the back of my neck I barely felt, the one on my hip/stomach was sore and the one on the inside of my arm was fine.

I am a bit strange however, and quite enjoy the pain, almost like it’s a mental challenge to overcome it :joy: big deep breaths and happy thoughts will get you through :thought_balloon::heart::unicorn::hatched_chick::dog2:

4 Likes

I know exactly what you mean :joy: I feel like improving my mediation practice has definitely helped though, especially when it’s a long 6-8 hours session. Focusing on my breath does wonders :star2:

I’m getting my back done at the moment, and I have to say that the spine doesn’t hurt that bad for me. The worst part is the lower back - pure agony :fire: but of course pain is very individual!

4 Likes

Summary: ribs never again back of neck barely felt. Foot not bad. Back of calf x2 (one I did myself) no feeling at all. Lower back not fun but nothing compared to ribs. Shoulder blades not too too bad. In conclusion ANYTHING is less painful than ribs lol

5 Likes

I agree, I had to ask if he was actually tattooing my neck :joy:

4 Likes