Too early for Halloween or not? 🎃

Thank you! And yes, her poke-balls with gold cards and a tiny little peepee on top of one of the skulls :joy::woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

This year I will try and honor all the holidays of the year! (I keep saying that but Samhain(Halloween) seems the only one I get really excited about) I even do “Nightmare before Xmas” for Yule! This year I would really love to do a dumb supper to honor my ancestors who have passed.

5 Likes

It’s too early for Christmas but Halloween is fine by me :orange_heart: :joy:

5 Likes

I take it you call the one with the peepee on top of it a dickhead? LOL!

Welcome to the forum @johnny! A dumb supper would be a great thing to do for Samhain. It’s so easy to celebrate Samhain here in the Northern Hemisphere that I think it makes Halloween a favorite for a lot of us!

Hallmark movie channel has been pushing the holiday movies already. Way too early for Christmas.

6 Likes

Absolutely! :rofl:
And as much of a childlike love I have for Christmas magic, I agree it’s too soon. My dad’s birthday was 11/30 and thr rule growing up was no Christmas before then. It’s one that has stuck because it just makes sense

4 Likes

Honestly… as someone who is learning to develop my own craft, I don’t think it’s too early to start planning for things I would like to release and let go of. However, I DO think it should be considered too early for retail chains to start marketing Halloween merch. For some reason it takes away some of the joy for me. As if the world is picking and choosing their favorite holidays and marketing those while other treasured and necessary milestone holidays go overlooked. One day, it’s as if the world may forget the smaller days existed… but that’s just how the world is changing. In a way it makes our traditions ever more important work as well. :dizzy:

5 Likes

We always wait till Santa Claus comes through on the Macy’s Day Parade, because that heralds the Christmas season! I like the idea of waiting till your Dad’s birthday though too, it makes it special.

I agree. Too many holidays are being over-commercialized. Making the most of your traditions is a good thing.

6 Likes

I swear Hallmark has Christmas movies on all year.

3 Likes

We’ve got a similar rule in our house. It’s my stepdaughter’s birthday on 13 December so we always wait to put up decorations until after then. When I was single, some years the tree went up at the end of October :rofl:

4 Likes

Too true! It gets to be too much I think.

3 Likes

I stumbled upon this collection set from the 1952 Donald Duck short Trick or Treat. I’ve watch it every year since I was little. Witch Hazel is one of my favorite Disney characters (even though she hasn’t appeared that much).

I was going to buy it, but the statues are hundreds of dollars, making the set almost $1000. :sob:

Image From The Collection Shop

6 Likes

Love Halloween, however yes you’re right a bit too early! Lol

4 Likes

That’s cute! But wow, a thousand bucks. Sheesh! Disney sure does like making that money, don’t they?

4 Likes

Hallmark always does a “Christmas in July” thing, so that may be why you were seeing those recently.

4 Likes

That’s probably it! Thanks!

2 Likes

I get what you are saying BUT I love Halloween so much. I just bought my Samhain coloring book and I have already started on it. https://youtu.be/sF3Ry4px1lQ

3 Likes

Very cool. If you’re going to color now is about the time to start!

3 Likes