Tunisian Crochet šŸ§¶

This post is for @Susurrus and @AileyGrey :laughing:

I figured we should bring it out of the challenge post and chat in a separate topic.

Siofra, hereā€™s an example of Tunisian Crochet. Iā€™ve made a few things with it before but donā€™t have any pictures right now.

Source ā†’ Naztazia.com

It looks a lot like knitting without it being knitting!

9 Likes

Eeekā€¦ since I can do both already, I need to learn this to have a new something to make! I can see where it looks like a regular knit stitch mixed with crochet. I like it! Iā€™m going to have to go down another Pinterest rabbit hole!

5 Likes

@Susurrus its crochet that looks knit. You need a special hook (some look like a knitting needle with a crochet hook on the end and some look like a traditional crochet hook with a long wire attached to the end). You crochet each row and then do a backward pass (which I think is common to knitting, Iā€™m not sure as I have never knitted).

Hereā€™s a video I found!

7 Likes

I moved the reply to this post from the challenge at the same time you added the link to this post :laughing: Ah great mindsā€¦

I am going to definitely take a look at this. I have an appointment at 10 AM but after that, I am going to make it a point to look at this. I have a coupon for Michaelā€™sā€¦ maybe they have the hooks there!

6 Likes

I found a simple tank top pattern I think I want to make that uses Tunisian crochet :thinking: Iā€™m gonna experiment with it probably later lol Iā€™m working on a cabled hooded caplet pattern of my own design that I need to finalize.

Hereā€™s the link to the tanktop pattern ā†’ https://www.joann.com/lion-brand-basic-stitch-premium-sweet-peplum-tank-top/212111555P402.html

4 Likes

@MeganB Holy crap!!!

4 Likes

@Susurrus well i cant do neither :-p~

4 Likes

@AileyGrey huh??? R u still speaking english? Lol

5 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs haha! Just slipped into that ā€œhookerā€ vocabulary for a minute! Crochet hooks and stitches and patterns really can sound like a foreign language!

5 Likes

Oh, speaking of crochet stuff I finally finished the video tutorial for the little bag I made :blush:

It isnā€™t Tunisian crochet but itā€™s semi-related to our previous conversation lol

7 Likes

I bookmarked the tank top. I will have to look at it!

@Mistress_Of_Herbs Iā€™m going to try, there are no promises though. The last time I made something it was smaller & then it was a while before I could do it again. So Iā€™ll give it a try with & without my thumb & wrist braces. If itā€™s too much, then I will be shipping a ton of yarn to @MeganB

6 Likes

I hope itā€™s not too much for you! :heart: but I meanā€¦Iā€™m always down for more yarn :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Right?? Never enough :yarn:!

6 Likes

I mean thereā€™s enough to go to both of you if Iā€™m being honestā€¦ :laughing: I just found more upstairs in my coffee table compartment & then again in a pile of craft stuff on the other side of the basement. I just have it everywhere since I had to really start slowing down. I put up a good fight though, now I try to stay within my limits for thingsā€¦

There was a time though, I was not conceding to having to change what I was physically able to do in any way. Although, now I donā€™t need a sit-down walker anymore. Physical & occupational therapy paid off that way! :heart:

5 Likes

@Susurrus oh no dear i was meaning i cant crochet. I hope u will be able to do them without any issues

4 Likes

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!

4 Likes

OOh, thatā€™s pretty! But Iā€™m doing good getting a granny square going! Gah! Complicated looking.

3 Likes

Exactly!

Hooray!! And Iā€™m finding my crafting stuff all over the house all the time :laughing: Youā€™re definitely not alone!

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure there is yarn under my bed & my husbandā€™s dresser :rofl:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.