Unleash your Inner Venom - Harness the Power of the Humble Jellyfish šŸŒŠ - Challenge Entry: The Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese Zodiac

:tiger: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese Zodiac

Okey dokey artichokeyā€¦ if anyone is going to take these challenge inspirations and flip an entry upside down and come up with something wackyā€¦ yup trust me to come up with the weird and wonderful.

My inspiration comes from the link to discover your Primal Zodiac. The blend of your western and eastern zodiac signs. I am both a Virgo and a Snake. Together they equalā€¦ a jellyfish?

Iā€™m not going to lie that at first I was a little disappointed that my Primal Zodiac was just a jellyfish. I felt like it was a little bit of an anti-climax. Huh. A jellyfishā€¦ really?

Not a fierce and powerful creature like a black bear, a wolf or a leopard? Nope a blobby jellyfish.

Then I made the connection that I have two venomous creatures associated with my zodiac. Does that make me a venomous person? Is venom a bad thing?

But then I started thinkingā€¦ why is it that some jellyfish use venom?

According to our most beloved knower of all things Google the simple answer is: 1. for incapacitating their prey and 2. for self-defence against potential predators.

In a nutshell venom is used to by the animal to assit them in getting what they want - food and as a form of potent protection from any harm.

Venom equals power and protection.

Thanks to some inspiration from the ever amazing and beautiful @BryWisteria I had an idea.

I have decided to write my own crystal enchantment spell to unleash my inner venom. Embrace my jellyfish-ness. For self-confidence, protection, standing up for myself and setting boundaries.

I feel like I have my witchy mojo back with this one. Iā€™m pretty happy with it.

Image: my own taken at AQWA: Aquarium of Western Australia

Hereā€™s the PDF version of the spell. Iā€™m pretty proud of it. I made it myslef. If anyone would like it for their BoS you are most certainly welcome.

Unleash Your Inner Venom PDF.pdf (1.0 MB)

15 Likes

This is great i never knew there was such as thing as a primal signā€¦ Anyways if you think a jellyfish is bad wait until you hear mineā€¦ Iā€™m a hyena!! I am a Leo and my eastern zodiac year is a horse. I found this great info about my primal sign however there is a lot of misses in what i found but is still useful:

The Hyena is one of the most social signs of the Primal Zodiac. Like their animal namesake (particularly the spotted hyena or laughing hyena), members of this sign strongly prefer to spend time in large groups of friends and families. This is a very strong-willed sign with the ability to follow through on their promises and take what is theirs when necessary.

Those born under this sign are highly energetic and outgoing. They have an easy charm about them that draws other people in. Hyenas are great at taking charge of situations, and are by far most comfortable when they are in charge. While they are generally quite kind and thoughtful, they will stubbornly insist on things being done their way and expect others to follow. Luckily, others do tend to follow the leadership of this strong and intelligent sign who is more than capable of proving themselves worthy of the task.

Source: https://beyondbinary.fandom.com/wiki/Primal_Astrology

9 Likes

I am pretty such you have done your research about your own sign but here is what i found about jellyfish signs:

In the animal kingdom, there are different kinds of jellyfish. Some live near the surface, having only rare interaction with the limited world within their reach. Some live in the deep sea, and these jellyfish are more quiet and submissive, but in the darkness that surrounds them they glow bright with radiant colors in a spectacular show that is unmatched in the animal kingdom. Some are even giants, slowly flowing through life on their own journey in their own time. All are so brilliantly mysterious that even defining them seems like a challenge.

Like their animal namesakes, those born under the Primal Zodiac sign of the Jellyfish may sometimes strike out, but are typically quiet and keep to themselves. These are people who are deeply intellectual, swimming through the waters of their own mind, but cautious enough to warn outsiders not to get too close too quickly. For humans born under the sign of the Jellyfish, their sting is just a warning - donā€™t get too close unless you are willing to risk getting hurt.

You can read the rest here: Primal Astrology - Spirit of the Jellyfish

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :tiger: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese Zodiac

@jessica72 I lovvvvvvve it!!!

It was something to read you. Thank you for sharing. I hope you manifest what you want all the time.

P.S @BryWisteria For some reasons I never get notifications for the weekly challenges. But I congratulate Spell8 team. Itā€™s always a blast for me when I finally be able to read what was on.

8 Likes

This was an amazing entry & personally, I find jellyfish graceful & strong, so if you would like to add that to your correspondences, feel free to do so. I find they are graceful with purposeful movements.

Your post inspired my challenge entry. I was born under the Snake, more specifically the Fire Snake & my Primal Zodiac is the Anglerfish. The western/eastern zodiacs have always fascinated me & before this post didnā€™t realize they used a lunisolar calendar. 2 calendars is enough for me to keep up with between the Wheel of the Year & the Gregorian calendar. Lol :laughing:

7 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch wow. Thank you so much for sharing so much incredible information.

My first thought of a heyna was that the head of the pack is always the dominant female. They are fiercely protective of their young.

You definatly followed through with your promise and commitment to yourself with your insprational progress in your weight loss journey.

Well I have always jumped on some random tangent that I seem to pull out of the ether for my challenge entries sometimes. Hahaha. But the ā€œsometimes strike outā€ thatā€™s what pulled a string with me. I was the proverbial door mat in my relationship with my narcissistic skeez-bag ex for 15 years. He just used me for my money. Thatā€™s why I wrote my spell. To help me strike out to protect myself when the need arises.

What you shared was great information. Thank you for that. I really appreciate it.

I feel like Iā€™m on my own little planet sometimes lol. Kind of like the Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series. Even though she was in Ravenclaw. Iā€™ve always been sorted into Hufflepuff lol.

@Susurrus thank you for the beautiful things that you said about jellyfish. Iā€™m so pleased that you found some inspration somewhere in all that madness lol. Sometimes I think that I come from so far out of left field that i make nos sense whosoever.

I honestly was just being nosey when I looked up what my primal zodiac was and then that odd little brain started thinking and once I had the inner venom idea for protection I was like a hamster in wheel. The little cogs in my brain were spinning in overdrive.

@SingingWitch thank you so much :blush:

On Thursday just been we had our second last outing with my school age kids at my day care where I work. In a weird coincidence I had planned to go to the aquarium way back in December. So I was as keen as a bean to go with the kids. I found myself drawn to the jellyfish display. I could have stayed their for ages watching them. They were so ethereal.

7 Likes

Ah another individual who can relate lol. I too am quite ā€˜uniqueā€™ in many aspects and although trying very hard for what i want may seem like a good thing, sometimes it does get in the way of more important things so i guess being ā€˜hard headedā€™ or ā€˜strong mindedā€™ as they call it can be both positive and negative.

As for jellyfish my first impression was magnificent and so elegant the way they are extremely beautiful but also lethal. The way i would love to see myself lol. So all i can say is take it as a good thing being a jellyfish :blush:

7 Likes

Perfectly said @TheMuslimWitch. They protect themselves but are elegant, graceful, purposeful, & protect their own. Own that & be that if that is what you see yourself doing.

7 Likes

When it starts with this I know itā€™s gonna be great :joy::+1: Loving my weekly dose of Jessica-isms! :heart::blush:

Bravo!!! :clap: What a way to observe your Primal Zodiac, see the power in it, and then use those qualities in your spellwork!

And I just love how you channeled it all too- from the ocean incense to the poison essential oil fragrance (very curious about this one, btw- may I ask what is it in if itā€™s written on the bottle? :star_struck:), those gorgeous crystals and candle spellwork- really stunning :heart:

And then the cherry on top- that gorgeous printable page! With the jellyfish background! Gosh, itā€™s a work of art- I can tell you worked hard on it, Jessica. Thank you so much for your beautiful work and for sharing it with the coven! :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

You should absolutely be proud of what youā€™ve accomplished here, Jessica- a round of applause to you! :clap::blush:

5 Likes

Wow, that you for all this information @jessica72 for the Unleash Your Inner Venom PDF sheet, and @TheMuslimWitch for your information too. I didnā€™t know this ever existed. Thank you.

7 Likes

@debra2 @BryWisteria Thank you both so much for your lovely words of encouragement. I have to admit I am pretty proud of it.

I honestly wouldnā€™t know too be honest. The scent of it kind of reminds me of mumā€™s favourite perfume ā€œPoisonā€ by Christian Dior. Itā€™s funny though I had bought it a while back. Saw the name on the bottle and just grabbed it with absolutely no idea as to what I was going to do with it thenā€¦ an a-ha moment.

6 Likes

Sometimes the best things stumble into our lives when we least expect them- sounds like chance led you to a really lovely essential oil! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If it has the same name, perhaps the essential oil was inspired by the perfume? :thinking: And if so, then perhaps that gives us a hint about what is in the essential oil blend:

Poison by Dior is a Amber Floral fragrance for women. Poison was launched in 1985. The nose behind this fragrance is Edouard Flechier. Top notes are Plum, Wild berries, Coriander, Anise and Brazilian Rosewood; middle notes are Tuberose, Incense, white honey, Cinnamon, Opoponax, Carnation, Jasmine, African Orange flower and Rose; base notes are Vanille, Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Heliotrope, Vetiver and Virginia Cedar.

From Fragrantica

Reading this, I imagine it smells amazing! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

your welcome. I actually too just came across this information by chance and really is interesting to learn things about ourselves and others. It really is true as witches we are forever learning and are witches in practice.

5 Likes

I knew what Poison by Dior was because my Mother, Goddess rest her soul, wore it all the time.
Mom always wore perfume/cologne. I remember as a little girl, very little, She would hold me when I was sick or when she wanted me to nap and she always smelled likeā€¦Mom. Sweet, floral, basically like Mom. As an old woman that is one of the best childhood memories. Iā€™ve worn Windsong by Matchabelli for 60 years. And to this day, when someone walks by wearing Windsong I have to stop and savor the memory. Mom. Thanks Jessica, for the nostalgic memory.
Garnet

6 Likes