Update on moms visit

Hi Everyone… I have been busy with mom the last few days… Not sure if you remembered but I mentioned mom has green fingers so I was going to pick her brain for some garden ideas…
So we headed off to the nursery and lo and behold came back with a bunch of gorgeous plants. Its amazing how plants just cozy a place up… My son got som carnivorous plants which is pretty cool.

It was funny to watch my son running around trying to catch a fly to feed his plant.

Anyway… Its Litha here today so we will be celbrating later this afternoon. I hope all you wonderful people in the Northern Hemisphere have an amazing Yule Celebration.
Love you all and send us some photos?

9 Likes

Great plant idea for your son! Sounds like you are having a great visit with your mom.

Plants do add cozy and beauty to our spaces :slight_smile:

Enjoy Litha.

I made a Yule decoration for my front porch. I have always like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree so my decorations always seem to remind me of that. Here is the pic.

5 Likes

O my goodness that is so pretty @Phoenix_Rose. You are very talented. I can never get those pretty bows right… mine always come out looking delapidated.
I am sure you are also going to have an amazing Yule celebration. Eat, drink and be merry and warm. Is it snowing where you are?
I am really enjoying time with mom. She has so many special qualities, like all our Moms. At least I am going on leave next week so I won’t have to work. My daughter already has a full schedule planned for the whole week. Think I am going to come back to work more tired than when I left… :monkey_face:
At least now mom has also shown me where I can make a small herb garden which I will put into pots high up where the dogs can’t destroy them. I have a new project for next year in the works.

6 Likes

Lovely plants, @yolande1! Glad your visit is going well! Happy Litha!

6 Likes

Look at those gorgeous plants- is that a white peace lily in the center bottom row? They all look lovely :heart_eyes:

Your son sounds like he will be a great plant dad! :laughing: :+1: Wishing him all the best with his new carnivorous plants :potted_plant: :sparkles:

Have a very blessed Litha, @yolande1- happy solstice! :sun_with_face: :heart:

6 Likes

hI @BryWisteria
Yes spot on it is a white peace lilly… I love them… Have had a lot of luck with them in the past. One of my favorites.

6 Likes

Hi @Amethyst

Thank you so much and I hope your Yule is wonderful too…

7 Likes

I am going to 2nd this statement :laughing: Also, I do NOT have a green thumb in any aspect of the term. I leave that to my husband because like @Mistress_Of_Herbs I can kill a fake plant :woman_shrugging: I actually managed to lose a plant that you literally only had to water once by submerging it into water for 20 minutes & leaving it on a window sill… so me & plants just are not friends. :rofl: The only reason my mother’s house plants have survived as long as they have is because of my husband. :joy:

I hope you have a wonderful Litha & continue to enjoy the time with your mom! I love your son’s idea & that must have been fun to watch him trying to find things to feed his plants :potted_plant:

I plan on actually making my Witches Ball for our tree & my intentions pinecone. So once those are finished, I would be happy to share picture of them with you!

Side Note: I found an ornament that my daughter had made one year, I believe in Elementary school that is a clear plastic round ball & it’s filled with slips of paper of things that she is/was grateful for… then I realized… that’s along the same lines of my pinecone! So I started reading some of the slips of papers… oh the things she appreciated & wrote about on them that had to do with parents & her siblings. Being the mush I am… it made me tear up a little bit. Honestly my favorite ornaments are the ones that my children made through pre-school & elementary school. Those always go on the tree. Of course now they are like… “Mom… you still have these? Do we have to put them on the tree still?” I’m like… listen I have ornaments on there from when your father & I were kids :rofl:

@Phoenix_Rose I love your Charlie Brown tree decoration, it really did turn out lovely, you did a wonderful job!

7 Likes

Same here! I see them a lot around the holidays and they really are lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I think my mother has one, but it has to be kept away in the greenhouse because unfortauntely, despite its beauty, it can be harmful to our furry friends.

Love the pictures- thanks again for sharing, Yolande! :heart:

7 Likes

Those are amazing little plants! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We tried to get some carnivorous plants once but they didn’t do so well. I think something went wrong with the soil or something. I’m glad your son is having a great time trying to feed them!

I hope you have an amazing Litha and Summer Solstice celebration! :sunny: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you @yolande1 !! It helps when the ribbon has thin wire built into the edges. For these I used garden wire to cinch the middle of the bow and attach it to the branches. With these two tricks, your bows will look amazing!!

An herb garden is so much fun! What a great project!!

Moms do have a special place in our heart. I am happy to hear your visit is going so well. That is so cute of your daughter to have all these plans.

Work can definitely be a break from a busy vacation. :joy:

Yes, we have snow :snowman:

6 Likes

:pray: thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

That’s for the good wishes! It’s looking to be cold, snowy, and windy here on Friday and Saturday! I hope I don’t lose power.

6 Likes

Really? I didnt know they can be harmful to animals. :thinking: lucky i have high up… Learn something new everyday…
You going to laugh at me… We dont even have a christmas tree. Had a small little one once. We do celebrate the day and make some nice food but dont decorate or anything. My dauhter asked me once why we dont have one and i couldnt really answer her… Never really thought about it…

6 Likes

O my word what a beautiful photo… It must be freezing there.
But o look at the beautiful trees… What an awesome place @Phoenix_Rose
Thank you for sharing

6 Likes

O my goodness i have to tell you all something… I have never before celebrated on a sabbath. So yesterday i rounded up the family. Got my son to make a fire. Did a small ritual with the family celebrating Litha… Honouring the Goddess Aine of course… Everyone threw their herbs into the flames and then we made a nice meal on the fire. Had the music on and it was AMAZING! I am definitly going to be celebrating these special days from now on… Thank you to everyine for all your advice and friendship… Thats what got me here…
Thank you…
There was such an amazing energy… And i came to so many realizations about myself… And mom amd i were able to have a really good talk about some important things enabeling us to bond and really get a good understanding of each other. How we feel about certain issues. I feel as if the Goddess was there… Just fueling the flames and bringing us closer as a family… Im crying as i type this now as it was really intense and really beautiful… I got to ask mom things that i was afraid to ask her before and i got such a good response… I feel so much better now in my heart… In my soul… The Goddess is Great and truely does have the gift of teaching us about love and bringing us closer together…
There was also a huge shift between mom amd my daughter. They had issues in the past and its so different now… They bonded last night too… It was a very difficult and strai ed relationship and it was as if this switch just went on and they resolved these issues… Im totally blown away… And so, so grateful.
And the wierdest part of all is… I was asking for healing of the earth, growth and strength for the earth and all in it… And bountiful crops and all… I dont even know what to say…

6 Likes

Hi Amethyst

OOO nothing worse than no power especially when it is cold. I am holding thumbs all goes well for you and your power stays on. We get so many power outs in South Africa because… OOOO let me not go there I just get mad… Anyway so I know how that feels.

6 Likes

It is very cute. I cannot believe how Paige my child has grown over the last year. She starting asking me about budgeting and tax returns and all kinds of things. She tells me that she has to learn all this grown up stuff now cause soon she will be working and needs to know… Then she wants me to help her open a savings account and o my word… Im scared… My baby is going to be living her own life soon enough. I dont want to cut those apron strings just yet…

6 Likes

They are complicated little things… Gee the water has to be distilled and they have to be wet all the time and o my gosh I just smile and wave. My son is getting pretty good at catching flies now hahahahahah… I wish you could see it. Makes me laugh.

6 Likes

That is so heart warming! I am so happy that you had this wonderful experience with your mom and daughter. Some of the best things are impromptu. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes