UPDATE! There's a witch running for US President!

haha well, she will definitely be on my social media profiles and my YouTube channel!

10 Likes

Well hot damn. I now know who ive voting for, and her being a Pagan had very little to do with my decision. Nice bonus. I just love the platform she is running on. And she has TATTOOS!!! I love it

12 Likes

She’s got such an interesting platform - I’m glad I could help you find her!

9 Likes

How thrilling! I’ll need to brainstorm some questions for her. I take a non-partisan approach to politics and cast my vote in alignment with my personal beliefs and values. My voting history often includes a diverse mix of candidates from the Republican, Democratic, and Independent parties. The real challenge lies in seeking unbiased information about any candidate, regardless of their party affiliation.

Sadly, sometimes my selection comes down to the “lesser of two evils” or “the devil you know.” There are a few key values that I will not sway on so those are the deciding factor while I’ll give on others.

10 Likes

I look forward to your questions! :partying_face: That’s how I approach politics, too - I’m hoping that with her running, more people will look at running in the future even if they think they can’t win. Just the fact that she’s running is super awesome to me!

8 Likes

You reminded me there’s an election coming up here, too! It’s exhausting though, because I research all the available parties and what policies they’re promising to enact, and there are always 20-30 to vote for. :sob:

While I vote for one of the smaller parties every time, it’s pretty hopeless. But I will continue to do it. And funnily enough, there were actually a year that I put the Pirate Party as #1! The name made it hilarious to tell people about. :pirate_flag: :joy:

Now that party has combined with some other parties I like, so it’s got a more serious name. Shame. :smiling_face_with_tear:

We have a preferential system, so if your #1 vote gets totally eliminated, your vote goes to your #2, and so on.

Well, that’s how it’s meant to work.

Most people forget our system works like this and only vote #1 and don’t number the rest. One, because they’re allowed to, and most people don’t want to bother being in a voting centre longer than necessary. While that’s fair as it’s a horrible experience all around, it’s really a waste of their vote to not.

And two, because all the propaganda the major parties put out says “Vote #1, Us!” encourages doing so. (I could’ve sworn doing so is technically illegal… :thinking:)

I put the major parties near last because they’re major parties and none of them have really left-leaning policies at all. So I vote for almost everyone besides them first, like I’m Santa making a naughty and nice list and putting them in the “you can have coal” section. :santa: :joy:

Maybe I’ll have to start my own party and call it Witches of the Southern Land. Our first policy could be putting the Sabbats on the calendar as public holidays. :boomerang: :witch_hat:

I have a weird imagination, but it’s just me trying to make it more fun for myself so the whole process and system don’t drive me insane. :smile:

Edit: I should have mentioned that I’m in Australia before all of that rambling.

11 Likes

Oh wow, that’s really weird to me :laughing: but thank you for sharing!

That’s a lot of candidates to research, too – 20 to 30? Actually, I think there are that many people running for President here, too. Half of them don’t get any airtime because of the way our system works. I’m hoping that changes in the future!

12 Likes

That’s really awesome and so cool that you’ll be able to interview them! I will try to think of some questions quickly today to send you. Can’t wait to hear the conversation!

10 Likes

I honestly would be terrified to interview anyone, but a presidential candidate?!? I can’t even imagine & my mind is now blank on any type of coherent question… so I will try to think of some on a much easier :thinking: scale… I’m excited & I keep returning to her site because I love :heart: her platform.

I’m much like @Amaris_Bane… it can be a mix for me too & at least a few times it’s literally been the lesser of 2 evils when I had to vote. Or I wrote in a different someone because I absolutely couldn’t choose even the lesser of the 2.

10 Likes

Oh geez, I can’t even describe the nervousness and anxiety I have over this interview. What’s making it worth it, though, was the look on my daughter’s face when she found out I was going to be talking to someone that’s running for President :joy: she’s so excited for me, so of course I’m going to be just as excited! :clap:

12 Likes

Megan you have got this. The questions will just pour right out of you.
This is wonderful news, can’t wait to read it.

A blessing to see this in our lifetime, may she go all the way to the top and many others follow. We need a little Magick to calm the political scene and bring harmony to daily life here in the US…

11 Likes

This is amazing and I so wish I had seen this before now.
I’m sure you will/did do an amazing job. Couldn’t think of anyone better, you’re passionate, intelligent and (not sure if this wording does not come across in any kind negative way) you present well

10 Likes

@Nitos3rd – thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Nixi – your wording is perfectly fine :blush: thank you! The interview is tomorrow at 2 PM my time, so it hasn’t happened yet! If you have a question or two (or more!) and can get them to me before tomorrow afternoon, then I can get them included in the interview!

8 Likes

Good morning! I totally forgot to mention here :sweat_smile: but this interview got postponed until this coming Thursday, September 21st – if you have questions you’d like me to ask, you still have time!

6 Likes

I’m sorry you have more time to worry.

6 Likes

Ehh it’s okay. I was actually very, very prepared. Now when I sit down with her this week, I think I’ll be less likely to worry!

6 Likes

Good to know. I’m sure you’ll rock it!

6 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Bumping because the interview is now live!

You can watch the interview on YouTube → https://youtu.be/LnAmzStJd80

Or listen to the interview on the podcast → 132: A witch for president?! || Interview with Brittany Jones - 'Round the Cauldron | Podcast on Spotify

13 Likes

Yay! I’ll watch it tomorrow. Right now I’m taking a step to the right!

8 Likes