Very new baby witch says hello from s. Fl

Hi, im very new, and still kinda trying to find my confidence. Trying to grow my knowledge abd im very happy i stumbled across Spells8…
So hi from south florida, im terra!! Got any advise, i am all ears!! Thank you all :wink:

9 Likes

Good morning @TerraLynnette84! I have family in FL & we have a few members from that area too! You can see where members are from here: Where in the World are the Witches? GROUP POLL! 2022 :map:

I’m Siofra_Strega & I have been part of Spells8 since 2020. I found that the courses are a great place to start & are filled with great information. There’s no rush, so take your time! Don’t think that you have to do, say, have, or practice all the things… go at your own pace.

Right now we have a weekly challenge that asks you to try a form of divination that would be new to you, so you can choose any form you would like. The challenge is here: :game_die: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Divining Differently & the challenge entries could be good to look through for an idea of what may be something that you are interested in trying for yourself or just to see the way the challenges work. There is a new challenge set up every Wednesday usually, sometimes under certain circumstances it will be 2 weeks, but 99.9% of the time it’s from Wednesday to 7 AM EST on Tuesday. Tuesday there is a props & presents post where you will receive a new badge for participating in the challenge. :smiling_face:

Everyone here is very friendly & supportive of your path, wherever it may take you. So if you have any questions at all feel free to ask & if you have any information to share, feel free to do so; we all love to learn new things here! :sparkles:

I hope you are having a great weekend! I look forward to speaking with you! :infinite_roots:

5 Likes

Welcome and Merry Meet!

Welcome and Merry Meet! My name is Amaris (Jessica) and I’m from Houston, TX. I am an eclectic pagan green witch that has been actively practicing for about 2.5 years. I’ve know about the Craft since I was a teenager when my Mom converted from Irish Catholicism to it but was the rebellious kid and didn’t want to be like my mom. 20ish years later, I’ve come full circle and now we are best friends and share our practice together!

@Susurrus covered many of the bases so I only have one thing to add. I love the Daily Correspondences and Lunar Spell as a guide to incorporate magick into my daily life.

Again, Welcome!

5 Likes

Hi @TerraLynnette84! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

The biggest tip I can give you is research! Don’t buy any expensive tools and things until you know what you’ll actually need. Spend that money on books instead! Get Kindle Unlimited if you want, for about ten bucks a month you’ll have access to hundreds of wonderful witchy books, watch YouTube, and spiral down that hole.

All you really need to begin with is research, intention, and imagination and you’re good to go. They call it visualization but I call it imagination, makes it easier for me!

I’m gonna get you started on your YouTube addiction if you don’t already have one. This first video is by the lovely and talented @MeganB here on site. She probably has some great bits of wisdom to give to you! But this video is a good one for starter witches because it’s all about starting out in witchcraft.

This second video is a good one from another of my favorite YouTube witches, HearthWitch. It’s tips for the beginner witch.

But really, save your money until you know exactly what you’ll need. That’s one of the biggest things I would have wanted to know.

If you have any questions, about the courses or anything else, just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to chatting with you more!

7 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @TerraLynnette84

My name is Marsha, I’m an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I’m glad you found us and I’m looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

4 Likes

Merry meet and welcome @TerraLynnette84 :blush:

Congrats to you for beginning your exciting journey into your Craft! May your road be long and bring you much joy :heart:

Building up your confidence takes time and practice, but there’s actually a fun spell that can help give you a boost if you’re ever feeling down. It’s a sigil spell, so if you draw the sigil and keep it close, it will remind you of your power every time you see it :muscle:

Self Confidence Spell
Self-Confidence-Spell-Ritual-360x240

Please make yourself at home here in the forum! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions- your friendly coven is happy to help :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome Terra @TerraLynnette84! I used to live in Boynton Beach and then Marathon in the keys! I am a green witch and love herbs, the forest, and water magic and I have a big garden, 2 dogs :dog: :dog: and a Cat :cat:. I have a partner and 5 kids and I live in New England by way of Texas, Okla. and Florida. There’s a ton to learn in the forum, the classes and from everybody here and I look forward to getting to know you!! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.