Water disposal after spell or ritual

Is it offensive to dispose of the water after a spell or ritual by putting water from Silver goblet after a spell or ritual into a houseplant? I am beginner and would greatly like to learn and any advice or wisdom is greatly appreciated. Thank you and Blessings!

12 Likes

For my perspective, it’s not offensive at all. Specifically to a plant, that is a living thing that share the same energy like us.

12 Likes

What a great question, benjamin!

@pedros10 is correct. If the water is clean from herbs/spices/chemicals, using it to water your plants indoors, or pouring it out at the base of your favorite tree :deciduous_tree: outdoors, will be fine.

I’m sure with every witch’s :mage::woman_mage: practice being different, some may worry about the energy in the water, but I personally believe energy is neither good nor bad. Belief and intention are what is important.

11 Likes

Hello @benjamin!

Great question- and you got some great answers from @pedros10 and @praecog29! :+1: Adding to those, I also agree houseplants (or outdoor gardens) are great places to dispose of biodegradable spell components and the act can even be considered an offering to nature :national_park:

For my personal practice, I would only use spell remains from positive spellwork as an offering or watering for my plant. I would not want to douse my plants (many of which are herbs that I use in cooking as well as spellwork) in negativity! :herb:

However, just like praecog29 mentioned- it all boils down to your personal belief and practice. Do what feels right for you! :raised_hands:

10 Likes

You definitely have some great answers here :heart:

I’d like to add from my perspective that I would ask the plant if it’s okay. I don’t think any plant is going to say no, and as @BryWisteria mentioned, it could be seen as an offering to that particular plant. But I’m an animist and everything has the potential for a sentient spirit so :woman_shrugging: ask the plant :blush:

8 Likes

@MeganB Thank you for adding this. I agree with @BryWisteria about offering it to my plants… I have been dousing them with blue moon water since Samhain. My aloe seems to really like it. But I did ask first. :slight_smile:

One thing I didn’t see mentioned and I apologize if I missed it… Some practices have you add salt to your chalice to sprinkle over object or to create your circle. I would NOT offer salted water to your plants. I would perhaps take it outside and offer it back to nature but pour it onto rocks or someplace where plants are not going to be disturbed by the salt.

5 Likes

I have a large plant pot outside on my patio with nothing really growing it in that I can freely pour the water into, it feels a little better than just pouring it down the sink sometimes. That being said when it’s colder and its just going to freeze anyway, I don’t think I’m going to think too hard about just pouring it down the drain. I live in a suite so I have to compromise sometimes with my Craft, it’s never been an issue for me though.

7 Likes

@colin there’s always a work around in order to not compromise your Craft. Unless if is with the element of fire involved on it. That’s a different take. Is to make some small changes in our perspective, and take advantage of what’s around us.

6 Likes

I do not add salt to water or like to use…unwelcomed or dark magick. I know some dark magicians and I just like to use protective spells. But my houseplants have been dying after some Satanist magicians contacted me. I do not wish to curse but protect my family first and myself.

2 Likes

Due to the salt content, I wouldn’t put it on plants. I add three pinches of salt to rhe water to create the holy water to cleanse the Ritual space with Water and Earth. What’s left in the bowl I pour into the sink.

4 Likes

That sounds logical.
Perhaps rain water, its from the God’s. You can use other elements also. A simple prayer to your Deity, it my sound familiar, but this goes way back to Draconian’s system of worship in Egypt.

2 Likes

When we get a good snow I shovel some into a large pot and bring it inside to melt. I bottle it in decorative little glass bottles I found at Hobby Lobby and cork it up. When I run out I use distilled water.

4 Likes

I like this @john4… might even motivate me to go out and shovel! (although I am weird that I find shoveling rather meditative and I really don’t mind it unless it is heavy or too deep.) :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

3 Likes