We need a Coven Name!

@BryWisteria the month of February does always trip me up when it transitions into March. Plus it’s still the beginning of the week. You get a brain fog pass. Lol :rofl:

4 Likes

To tie in the site name shouldn’t we do something with infinite or infinity in it? I think it would take the less explanation than using an 8 when telling the name to someone… they’ll be like “8 what?” :laughing::joy:

8 Likes

Great idea to make sure that the names aren’t already taken!!! I like Gaia’s Circle and Coven Across the Miles.

5 Likes

I like that! :blush:

5 Likes

I like the infinity idea from @Eclectic_Jess but I also like Gaia’s Circle. This is going to be harder than originally thought by me.

4 Likes

I see many people saying this so what about…
Coven of Love & Light or
Coven of Infinite Love & Light
I thought about having it in Latin which would be
Covina Amoris et Lucis.
I also thought something like Coven E.I.G.H.T
(Energized, Individual, Grounded, Happy, Together) or something like that.

9 Likes

Ooh, I like Coven EIGHT. That 's a good one!

6 Likes

Then I saw they say to avoid the acronym :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

D’oh! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@Saulamay I like the Coven of Infinite Love & Light

6 Likes

Been trying to think of a name for our coven, but, so far, I’m drawing up blanks. :thought_balloon:
I am thinking though that we could use the name of an animal, a crystal, or a flower that represents Spells8 as a whole. :thinking:

5 Likes

Coven Eight is nice and simple.

7 Likes

Oh, I like Covina Amoris et Lucia too. Could we go by two names? :laughing:

7 Likes

@Saulamay That’s a great idea!! E.I.G.H.T.

LOL The 8 in Spells8 was to me a special number: 8 sabbats in the Wheel of the Year; 8 phases of the Moon, ∞ as a symbol for infinity, I was born on the 8th of February too :laughing:

7 Likes

So many great ideas here! :heart_eyes: I have to admit I also love the sound of “Coven Eight”- it ties in so perfectly with Spells8 :+1:

A friendly heads up to all that…

:ballot_box: The Voting Poll Will Open Tomorrow! :ballot_box:

At that time, this thread will be closed. Any coven name suggestions that were directly mentioned twice (once by the suggestor and at least one time by someone else) will be added to the poll.

At this point we have lots of suggestions, so if someone suggested a name that sounds perfect to you- please show your support for that name!

Looking forward to opening up the poll tomorrow- it’s very exciting! :star_struck:

7 Likes

This is great news! I’m so excited about the poll and having a name. I like the sound of Coven Eight also. I like a few of them, this is like picking a tattoo! I kind of like the Coven of Divine Dreams also or the The Unseen Moon Circle. There are others that I have seen that I liked too. I hope @Francisco has a say, maybe he should give final approval! :rofl:

I’m sure we will all choose the perfect name for us!

5 Likes

Haha I didn’t mean to interfere with the brainstorm!! I just like the concept of Infinity because it implies permanence. And I can see that concept in so many of the names suggested too!

Regarding what names to include in the vote, @BryWisteria if they’re too many, let’s use the ones with the most number of hearts? :heart: :ballot_box: Or have multiple rounds of voting??

5 Likes

Ohhh these are great ideas- thanks Francisco! :blush: I’m going through and tallying things up now. If it looks like there are too many suggestions, I’ll narrow it down by mentions/hearts!

Time to see what we’ve got- I’ll post a link to the poll here as soon as it’s up and running! :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Thank you again to everyone for your wonderful name suggestions and helpful feedback!

This suggestion thread will now close, as…

:ballot_box: The voting poll is now open! :ballot_box:

Vote for your favorite coven name here!

There were so many great choices of names- you are all so creative!

This first round will be able narrowing down to the five most popular names. Vote to make sure your favorite name makes it to the final count next week! :blush::ballot_box_with_check:

6 Likes