Weekly Challenge Entry šŸŖ„

Hereā€™s the linky link :link::

I decided to make my challenge on the history of crystal healing (surprised? Lol)

:gem: The History of Crystal Healing :gem:

The history of crystal healing is tied to Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia, India, An isnā€™t Greece and Ancient Rome.

Ancient Egyptians mines for crystals and used them to make jewelry. Crystals or gemstones weā€™re also used for their metaphysical properties. The Egyptians would use crystals as aids for health and protection. Theyā€™d often bury their loved ones with a lapis lazuli scarab with the belief that it would protect them in the afterlife.

The for historical documentation of crystals originated from the Ancient Sumerians ( c. 4500-2000BC). The Sumerians used crystals in their magical formulas.

Writings date back to 400BC makes observations about the different properties (powers) that crystals emitted. If a negative incident occurred, a specific stone would be used to try and counteract that negative effect. This was done with amulets or talismans with specific stones. Amulets were used to ensure the well being of an individual.

The amulets, decoration, inscription, color, material or ritual performed with the amulet dictated itā€™s power. The Egyptians used the amulets to benefit the afterlife, usually representing an Egyptian deity and their specific powers

The Ancient Greeks assigned different properties to crystals. The word ā€˜crystalā€™ is derived from the Greek word ā€œkrystallosā€ which translates to ā€œiceā€. Ancient Greeks believed clear quartz was water that had frozen to the point where it would remain in its solid form.

The Hopi Native Americans of Arizona use quartz crystals to assist in diagnosing illnesses. In Europe, the belief in the being powers of crystals (and with certain crystal amulets) persisted into the Middle Ages. The alleged medicinal properties as precious stone, as well as other powers they were believed to hold, weā€™re collected in texts called lapidaries, which remained popular in Midieval and early modern Europe until the 17th century.

Different stones were believed to hold different properties in different cultures. In Egypt, rose quartz was believed to prevent aging, while the Romans used it as a seal to signify ownership. While in the Middle Ages it was used in healing potions. Today rose quartz is known as the 'love stoneā€™s and is used to balance emotions, heal anger and disappointment.

New Age crystal healing ties to three cultures, British, Indian and Native American. British culture has a Pagan history which has inspired many who practice modern day witch craftā€¦ Indian cultures uses crystal healing as a form of holistic healing and is written in the holy texts of the Indian culture.

Native American culture and crystal healing have been passed down through many generations verbally, because of this many traditions and secrets have been lost due to the extinction of many indigenous languages. Two important principals in native cultures in crystal healing are meditation and respect.

There ya have it, my history of crystal healing.

Link I used:

7 Likes

This is so up your alley :laughing: Thanks for sharing it all! Iā€™m not a big crystal fan but I do have a few stones I enjoy holding.

7 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! You did a great job!

6 Likes

I had a feeling this is the path youā€™d choose- itā€™s a perfect area for you to explore, Christina! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :gem: Thanks for digging in and sharing your beautiful crystal wisdom :heart:

4 Likes

Why, thank you so much! ā€¦Curtsey* :laughing:

4 Likes

I think everyone knew :rofl:
Youā€™re welcome :relaxed:

4 Likes

Really, you did a great job. Iā€™ve learned so much this week, it was a good challenge.

4 Likes

Thanks for this. I know almost nothing about crystals, so Iā€™ve got some research to do. Fortunately a new crystal shop just opened in our town and she is going to be giving classes so that should be good place to start for me.

5 Likes

No problem!! If you have any questions please donā€™t hesitate!!! I also did posts on specific crystals on this site like black obsidian, Moldavite, rose quartz, clear quartz, smoky quartz, amazonite, Aventurine, Pyrite, And a whole lot more.

4 Likes

Nice, Iā€™ll have a look for them @christina4

4 Likes