šŸŽ“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - A Touch of Tarot

I have never done more than a simple 4 card spread. I didnā€™t make a big leap, but a leap nonetheless to a 5 card spread with my Tarot of the Divine deck. This time as I was shuffling 3 cards came out, Knight of Coins Reversed, Ten of Swords Reversed, & The Wheel of Fortune. My impatience, anxiety, & recovery from the inevitable has resolved themselves & Iā€™m coming into some brighter days ahead if I keep going in this direction.

The Eight of Swords also jumped out later & it is what was happening to me earlier in the week. I couldnā€™t get over the trapped feeling & my anxiety was through the roof! Together, I have overcome a lot of anxiety & been healing for a little bit & finally have come to the next phase. I feel like my path is being acknowledged & recognized as an achievement for this year.

After that I took on a 5 card spread that was new to me. I found it in the book that came with my deck: The Tarot of the Divine

(Pic of the 5 card spread laid out in my guidebook)

The first card in the spread is the Present - King of Coins I am strong & successfully overcame what I was going through during a healing time.

(Since between my June psychiatrist appointment & a Shadow Work Challenge I was an anxious, overthinking, borderline depressed mental wreck. I am taking the summer off of Shadow Work because of the toll that I have been through over the last 4 weeks. Iā€™m going to be sweeter with myself & protect my energies from taking on other peopleā€™s close to me or otherwise.

"Iā€™m preventing me from enjoying my life that is unfolding. I am also free to forgive myself of the things in the past." - A cherished friend that gave me the release I needed from the torment of past experiences.

The second card relates to the Past - Six of Wands Reversed I did have a fall from grace that was very hard for me to come to terms with, it caused a major upset in my anxiety & I needed release. I eventually got it but not without some pulling of teeth first.

The third card is the Current Future - Five of Swords Reversed I am making a compromise & sacrificing some of myself to come to a resolution, whether itā€™s permanent or temporary will be determined at another time but itā€™s smooth sailing for the time at hand.

The fourth card is the Hidden Potential - Page of Cups my youthfulness & sensitivity will be a good accent to the healing that I have done. My inner child could shine & be healed to direct things in the future.

The fifth card Unforeseen Influences - Knight of Coins Reversed my impatience & anxieties can set me back again if I am not careful with those parts of myself. They could change the outcome of the Current Future as it stands right now.

I donā€™t think it was so much a BAD reading as it is a look at what I have recently overcome in the last month or so & that it is being acknowledged. I am still heading in the right direction & should be able to enjoy my time & what is unfolding before me. However, keeping in mind that my anxiety & impatience could change the course of my near future journey. I should be happy with how far I have come & the work that has been put in recently.

Iā€™m in a good place now. Iā€™m genuinely happy. Iā€™m going to stay away from Shadow Work for a bit because I need a rest & to enjoy what I have going on now. Today my husband & son have the day off due to the weather :wind_face: :cloud_with_rain: Everyone is home & hunkered down for the time being, so we are going to watch some goofy movies :movie_camera: eat popcorn :popcorn: & just make the best of it. Iā€™m enjoying being with my family & in the present with them. Iā€™ve also enjoyed the energy shift to brighter days & everything. :star2: :sun_with_face:

I appreciate any feedback that you may have on my reading. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have come a long way with tarot. Oh! I also pulled an Oracle from my Way of Brighid Oracle Cards.

I pulled: Air - Today call upon Brighid, Lady of Air to receive the blessing of clarity

An area of your life exists where clarification is required. Call upon Brighid in her aspect of Air to help in understanding and resolution. Inhale and exhale deeply three times, asking Brighid to help you find clarity. Feel the sacredness of the breath that she shares with you and that you, in turn, share with her. Allow your breath to make life clearer, brighter, truer. YOU ARE CLARITY

7 Likes

Kassandra,
I love my cat too, and I noticed you said

I have been feeling the same way Cassandra about really being withdrawn away from my kitty :black_cat: I used to always want to be with her and for some reason lately Itā€™s been harder for me to stop and give her love!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Iris - Good job listening to the whole Tarot video lesson. Usually I use podbean which is an app made for apple and android.

Here it is Tarot Bytes on Podbean
She has a book to that is really good you can draw in it and helps learn as you go.
I also use the tarot Lessons by infinite roots. I feel using both of them has helped allot but I hit a wall. I donā€™t feel as motivated as I was in the beginning. In the beginning I made a tarot cheat sheet for myself I listen to Podbean and listen to the archetypal Tarot,
The Archetypal Tarot on Podbean
Archetypal tarot goes in deeper with the meanings of the Taro with the major arcan. I also listen to the
The Witches Den on Podbean
Kassandra- Thank you for the Pet Tarot Spread, a Cat Tarot deck for cats! I feel maybe know I can try to use divination to listen better to what my pet may be trying to say. Its a neat tool to help me get closer to my pet Millie she is a Tabby with freckles in her mouth. She is laying down right now lets see how long that last before she comes over hear to get some treats!! I love her she sleeps with me every night.
Jeannie

6 Likes

I know that my Inner Child needs work. I also know that I need help with that. I also need help with reading tarot. I figured somehow I can use it to help with the Inner Child. So I went on a hunt for tarot spreads & found an abundance of them on Pinterest. I found ones for the Inner Child, Connecting with a Deity, Brighid, New Moon, Full Moon, Scorpio, a bunch of different ones. Then this morning I went on Etsy & looked up Tarot Journals. I want to keep a good record of my readings to see how I am doing. I found a cute & whimsical one that I can print as many times as I need. It comes in different sizes so you can add it to any binder or planner that you may have. Itā€™s a digital download so you can print it as many times as you need or in sizes. Tarot Journal Digital Download

6 Likes

I did one card reading earlier in the week, but also decided to do a second three card reading today to try and delve a little deeper.

As I said in another thread, Iā€™m currently tackling issues with alcohol addiction, so wanted some insight as to whether Iā€™ll be able to overcome those issues.

The three cards I pulled are:-

20210711_192405

I see The Fool as very positive as I know it signifies new beginnings, which this very much is.

As well as the deck itself, I also purchased the Tarot Journal to go alongside it which has some useful starting points for interpretation and indicates that this is unchartered territory setting out on a new adventure. Little is holding me back and I should let myself explore, revelling in my freedom. If I do meet with dark clouds, they will pass.

The 4 of coins flummoxed me a little at first as it seemed to relate more towards wealth and financial security. However, drinking alcohol is not the cheapest of pastimes, and drinking less will improve our finances. Thereā€™s also a suggestion to work actively on purposeful savings, which I have been able to do for a number of years so will set myself and my family more securely for the future.

The King of Swords tells me to draw on my accumulated experience and to remember success with previous strategies; I know I can stop drinking, Iā€™ve done it before. The key to success was finding other things to do, and not letting myself slip back into old habits. The guidance also says to be wary of crossing someone and to have a fair attitude. Maybe itā€™s myself I need to be kind towards and not cross?

Not sure if the above is even close to hitting the mark, but I think it was helpful to me.

Strangely the cards I pulled also seemed to be pertinent to another question I had in the back of my mind about our relationship potentially opening up again. New beginnings, avoiding complacency and becoming possessiveness, learning from past mistakesā€¦

8 Likes

I was wondering if someone could help because I wanted to make a post but wanted to make a separate page. I forgot how to do it so can someone help me? So I donā€™t take up so much space and be rude?
Jeannie

5 Likes

Just go to the forum and go to the Activities tab, then click New Topic. That should do what I think youā€™re wanting it to do.

5 Likes

My entry isnā€™t a spread or anything like that. I took advantage of the New Moon last night to do a short spell. Iā€™ve got this book called Everyday Tarot Magic by Dorothy Morrison. I havenā€™t read it all yet but I did look through the spells and found one that I like for new endeavors that you cast on the new moon.

So yeah, I did that. Here it is in case anyone else is interested. Again, this is by Dorothy Morrison, not me.

Spell to Open Oneself to New Endeavors.

Materials:

Ace of Rods (Wands)
1 white candle.

Light the candle during the New Moon, and watch the flame dance until you feel its light completely enveloping you. Then hold the Ace of Rods in your hand and invoke its power by saying something like:

Card of all thatā€™s fresh and new
Do now what I ask of you
Bring inspiration, bold and bright
Bring opportunities to light
Bring synchronicity to play
And new beginnings, toss my way
So I may start my life anew
Ace of Rods, I conjure you

Leave the card in front of the candle until the wick burns out, then carry the card with you.

Iā€™ve got to admit I used the copier to do a copy of my Ace of Wands, I didnā€™t want to mess the card up keeping it in my pocket. I donā€™t see why that wouldnā€™t work. Hereā€™s a picture of the original though, in case yā€™all want to see it.

So thatā€™s what I did. Hope yā€™all liked the idea! Cheers!

6 Likes

Thank you Amethyst!

5 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! I only hope I told you right! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I really like this.

5 Likes

Amethyst<
Thats really good! I feel the energy coming through the computer! No Joke! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Jeannie

6 Likes

Thanks, @SharonD, @Jeannie1! Itā€™s a really great book, an older one but still a good book. One of these days Iā€™ll get caught up in my reading and sit down with it instead of just flipping through it. LOL

5 Likes

Very creative & lovely entry @Amethyst! I really like it. I would think that using the copier was a great idea! I would do something similar for the same reason.

@IrisW you have got this! Iā€™m glad that the reading clarified it a little for you. You did a great job with them.

I just got a tarot journal that I can print for multiple sizes of binders or planners. Iā€™m going to try & do a tarot spread each day. Starting with simpler 3 card spreads & doing a larger spread about once a week.

6 Likes

Amethyst,
I know tell me about it,

Blockquote
I am reading write know, Keeping her Keys! I hope I can really absorb the information. I get to be a Lazy Reader so my goal is to read a chapter a day or a half of chapter without flipping either !LOL Thatā€™s so funny! You crack me up! No skipping Amethyst! :rofl:
Jeannie

6 Likes

For this challenge, I got a free Tarot reading Friday night from a Biddy reader that was everything I wanted to hear and more. The reader did say I should step back from my situation and meditate, but the outcome in the cards was excellent.

When I do readings for myself, however, they are just miserable! Example: Tonight, I decided to try the 7 card spread for the coming week on Spells8. I followed along with the video. I smudged my deck with sage first. For the interpretation, I used Spells8 and for the reversals, the Tarot Coloring Book by Theresa Reed. Depressing reading, given some personal circumstances. Either I am not facing something or this is way off. I had been feeling hopeful. :thinking:

Monday - Wheel of Fortune, reversed. Karmic justice; uncertainty
Tuesday - 2 of Swords, reversed - Facing a harsh truth
Wednesday - Judgement, reversed - Denial and fear
Thursday - 7 of Wands - Taking a stand; a fight
Friday - 6 of Swords, reversed - Stuck; in pain
Saturday - Hermit, reversed - Not learning my lesson; isolation
Sunday - Death, reversed (oh, joy) ā€“ More stuckedness. Fear of change.

I was so desperate for a glimmer of hope. I pulled one more card - a clarifying card. 10 of Pentacles - REVERSED. Loss of fortune. Mama mia!

I thought about how unhappy I was about my reading and personal circumstances. I think I will devote some time to the Spells8 beginning witch course and tomorrow, I will take a blanket outside and sit around some trees for a while. Maybe meditate there. I need to focus on what I can control: I can control my learning and my connection with nature. People, thatā€™s another thing entirely :slight_smile: If I canā€™t be happy in one way, there are many other ways.

8 Likes

I did this. I liked how it made me focus on being open to change.

5 Likes

Yay, the Tarot!

Okay, for this challenge I will do a 5 card spread for you all here at Spells8! The ā€˜questionā€™ will be What does the Spells8 community need to know for the coming week? Here it goesā€¦

So the three cards in the middle are
The Devil, Four of Swords and Justice

This indicates that currently, there is some working through addictions (including procrastination, emotional cycles, etc) that can be countered with balance. These emotional cycles (the Devil card) are likely causing some stress or unease in (your) life, which are likely perpetuating the cycle. (This resonates with me so much!)

Luckily, our outcome card at the top (whatā€™s coming next weekā€¦!) is the Three of Cups. To me, this indicates that success is within reach and with a little balance and adjustment to your routine, celebration will be in order.

The card at the bottom of the spread, which indicates the past or ā€˜foundationā€™, is the Two of Cups. This suggests that socializing, commitments or interactions with others (especially of an emotional nature) have influenced the current situation and brought you to where you are today.

I tend to read Tarot intuitively rather than ā€˜by the bookā€™, and I do include reversals in my readings. Luckily, it looks like the cards were all upright this time! Iā€™ll be honest, Tarot is not my favorite divination tool to use, so this challenge was good practice for me. I hope you like the reading, please let me know if this resonates!

7 Likes

No worries, Jeannie! Click this link for detailed instructions (with pictures!) about how to make a new and separate discussion in the forum:

ā†’ Using the Forum: How to Make a New Discussion

Thatā€™s a great question! I usually store my deck with all the cards Upright as it feels more organized to me, so more often that not I keep them that way for a reading. Sometimes I do shuffle them around to get reversals if I want to give the deck more ā€œlanguageā€ to use in communication, but Iā€™ve found that my deck can get most messages across using just Upright :+1: It has prevented me from learning the meanings of Reversals though- I should do more readings with reversed cards! :laughing:

It sounds like you have a close connection with Veaug, @Kasandra! Your cat tarot deck is gorgeous and it looks like it helped you connect with your kitty :cat: Great job!

Congrats on your first 5-card spread, @Susurrus! It sounds like you had a lot of jumpers- Iā€™m always grateful for jumpers since sometimes Iā€™m not sure when to stop shuffling and jumpers give me confidence that thatā€™s the card the deck wants me to find :grin::+1: Great job on your reading- it looks like you got some reassurance that you are headed in the right direction! :compass:

The cards seem to be supporting your decisions and helping to banish any doubts, @IrisW- thatā€™s a very encouraging sign! Perhaps consider drawing a follow-up card each day or week as needed to help hone in on your path to sobriety. With long term self-challenges, it helps to do a tarot check-in to see what needs to be focused on/avoided for each step of the journey. Iā€™m cheering for you on your journey to sobriety, Iris! :raised_hands: :heart:

That sounds like a beautiful New Moon spell drawing on the Ace of Wands, @Amethyst- thanks for sharing! May the fresh new energy bring you something new and wonderful :pray::two_hearts:

Congrats on the good reading with Biddy, @mary25! It can be tough to make the leap from having a professional reader to reading for yourself. If you are following the guidelines from multiple sources and still donā€™t feel good about your readings, perhaps you are lacking a connection with your deck? You want to spend more time bonding with your cards, or try a new deck. Wishing you all the best with your meditation and nature connection- enjoy! :heart:

You are very thoughtful to do a reading for the Spells8 community, @Katy_Mysticsens! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: As for the meanings, the move has been a bit chaotic but weā€™re finding balance now- so I can say this reading resonates with me! :+1: Thanks for digging into tarot even if itā€™s not your divination tool of choice- you have a natural gift for intuitive readings! :clap:

8 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: July 13th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :flower_playing_cards: :sparkles:

4 Likes