šŸŽ“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - A Touch of Tarot

For this weekā€™s challenge, I did the High Intensity Tarot Training mentioned in this forum post. Iā€™ve been doing it every few days since I first saw the post, but this week, Iā€™ve been doing it every day.

Itā€™s been very beneficial to me because it prompts me to look at my daily life from a different perspective, AND it makes studying the Tarot even more fun! Pulling one card from the Major Arcana helps to break up the studying so you can focus on one card at a time and have a chance to study it more in-depth. Itā€™s also neat that it gives you a way of applying the meaning of the card to your daily life.

My favorite is the prompt for the Magician: ā€œI will see magic that I did not see before.ā€ Part of the reason I started getting more heavily involved with Witchcraft is because it has helped me to push through and even start to overcome some of my depression and anxiety. It helps me see the world and live my life in such a way that I can take responsibility for my actions and how my life turns out in a way that is empowering rather than toxic. (I know that doesnā€™t make much sense, but I canā€™t think of a better way to explain what I mean than that :see_no_evil:) Reminding myself every day to see the Magick in places where I didnā€™t notice it before has helped me maintain a much more positive overall outlook on everything! :slight_smile:

Moving forward, Iā€™m definitely going to try to keep the High Intensity Tarot Training as part of my daily routine, and Iā€™m going to continue to learn more about the Tarot, including (hopefully!) reading more of my chonky Tarot book :smiley:

6 Likes

While I still plan on sharing some about my Tarot experiences, I saw this video yesterday and thought it might be germane to the conversation.

From Dr. Angela Pucaā€™s summary of the video:

Academic overview of the origin of the Tarot, from the Arabic origin and first emergence in Italy in the fifteenth century to the evolution in a divinatory esoteric tool in eighteenth-century France. Mentioned along the process: the Visconti-Sforza deck, Tarot de Marseille, Book of Thoth, Ɖliphas LĆ©vi, Golden Dawn, Aleister Crowley, A. E. Waite

Itā€™s basically a review of the following source material.

Farley, H. (2009) A Cultural History of Tarot: From Entertainment to Esotericism. London, I B Tauris.

9 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion of a daily card pull, I had thought of that. Bit of a headache this afternoon, this happened in January too when I quit drinking and I think itā€™s the reduction in sugar as much as withdrawal from the alcohol itself.

Iā€™ve taken some painkillers and followed the Chamomile Tea Meditation

Had to cheat a little as I donā€™t have any loose leaf chamomile tea so broke apart two tea bags and sweetened it with a little Bedfordshire Honey.

I then did a one card pull and got the 8 of Wands.

My interpretation of this, using the guide at the back of my journal as a basis, is that Iā€™m making progress and I will succeed, but I need to stay focussed, trust the process and keep moving forward.

9 Likes

Thanks, @Susurrus! Iā€™ve got the actual card in front of me and the copy tucked in my pocket.

Iā€™m the sort that skips to the back of a book, just to makes sure thereā€™s a Happy Ever After. LOL. Keeping her Keys is a good book. I liked it a lot even if it helped me discover that Hecate wasnā€™t for me, at least not right now. The author has a youtube channel too thatā€™s interesting, in case you didnā€™t know.

I hope your Biddy reader was right and not your own reading, @mary25! For your sake. Ouch.

Thank you, my dear! Iā€™m hoping for a good relationship with my new doctor.

7 Likes

Oookkkā€¦:roll_eyes:

So NickWick does not know a thing about tarot :joy::joy: but doesnā€™t mean I am not interested in learning. I made many attempts to purchase my first deck but it just never seem to be the right deck or the right time to do so!! You see, a long time ago when my grandma was alive I was thought how to read regular playing cards instead, which was fun. Its been like years I havenā€™t done this and more that 75% of my knowledge in this area is now gone :pensive:. I however would give this a try again some time, just not to sure when.

For this challenge I however seeked information that will prepare me to give tarot reading a try in the near future, so I went ahead and seek some knowledge for beginners in the meantime. I manage to find a table of meanings to familiarize myself with the names and their correspondances in the space of time. Below us an example of my findings
8a4f08a6d4b596ed563e0ee1428f4cee
Source from: Pinterest.com

I must say I am more drawn to what I am used to by using the regular playing card deck, so I do believe I can try and source some more info on that too. For this challenge I will also experiment and compare to see if the meaning used in tarot can be used in comparison with the regular card deck. If all do happen in my favor I guess it would be worth giving this another shot :blush: but until then I would keep an open mind for great things to happen, you just never know.

Blessed BešŸ’«

8 Likes

I have a complicated relationship with :tarot_card: Tarot. While Iā€™ve been reading Tarot off and on since I was 15, I only embraced it as my main form of divination :crystal_ball: last year. Most of the time, I canā€™t read my own circumstances :thinking: or future, but reading otherā€™s cards is like seeing the bottom of a clear lake.

Friends both on here and outside of Infinite Roots :infinite_roots: have learned to trust my readings. I donā€™t ask questions while doing a reading because I donā€™t want outsiders to think I am asking querents leading questions. :upside_down_face: Depressions, job and relationship changes, financial difficulties, and blessings all may be able to read what they have to say with accuracy and ease, but I canā€™t read tea leaves, flames, or crystals at all. :neutral_face:

Many of the spreads I use I make up on the fly based on the energy :sparkles: I feel from the cards and from the querent. Two of my favorites, though, are a modified :deciduous_tree: tree and a :sunny: sunburst.

Short Story

This past week I read for a friend. She didnā€™t want to accept what they were saying so she asked me to do a different spread. It gave the same answer. She asked for a third spread and it gave the same answer, too. This week she asked for a fourth spread. Well, :sweat_smile: you know the drill by now. (I am on the phone with her now and she actually went to another tarot reader to get a fifth reading. :man_shrugging:t4: She said that reader read in their own spread the same information. She said I could share this amusing anecdote.)

Personal Reading

For kicks, I tried to read my own cards. :man_facepalming:t4: I used the sunburst with a message from The Divine through an oracle card. All I can see is my past, present, and cloudy future is ruled by confusion and self-doubt. On the top left I see possible choices to make concerning this self-doubt and on the top right I see the outcomes of those choices.

The Divine message says,

You will not achieve the outcome you desire if you are unwilling to act upon your intentions. It is not simple as wanting something to happen or believing it will happen. You have o make it happen and to make it happen requires that you be willing to do whatever is necessary no matter the sacrifice. For everything you desire, you must give yourself in return.

What should I sacrifice? I donā€™t know. First I have to know what it is that I want most. I think I know that answer but what do I need to sacrifice to get this treasure? See? I canā€™t understand my own readings. Thoughts?

9 Likes

Hello, my dear Coven,

I recently minimized my altar. I set the mood by lighting each quarter and lit the candles to the lady and the lord.
I recited these words and began my reading.

God and Goddess
Beings of light
Send your clarity
To my sight
Help me see
Through fog and fear
And bring to me
The answers clear.
This was from the Everday Witch tarot book.

For my challenge i used my mini Everyday Witch tarot cards. ( Have i mentioned already that they are so darn cute! Lol)

Since purchasing the 3 sets, Everday WitchTarot, Everyday Witch Oracle and the mini decks have been so accurate with my readings and with whatā€™s going on in my life. Still need to use the book. However, the book is just filled with great information and theyā€™ve been dead on with my readings.

Iā€™ve been trying to start a Tarot journal- i need to commit to it- even if its just pulling out a daily card.

For my challenge spread, i just did a simple 3 card spread and what it revealed was dead on.

I donā€™t want to go into details with the reading because it involves someone else in my life.

I also pulled out one card from the Oracle deck and also revealed exactly what my intuition suspected.
Ive also been using the Green Witch tarot for spellsā€¦ Iā€™ve done 3 spells this week and they already have started their entrance. Which amazes me how rapidly the spells begin to work.

Thank you for this challenge.

Blessed be everyone.

9 Likes

:infinite_roots:Mary25,
You had me thinking, overall I think you interpret the cards really well. I like how you use a clarifying card to as well. I do that too!
:tarot_card:
Remember the cards are not always going to paint a pretty picture. So my advice to you is to use the regular, ā€œRider Wait Tarotā€ but implement an ā€œOracleā€ reading too, so it will feel much lighter! Maybe an oracle can help balance the energy so your not feeling so unhappy. :upside_down_face:

Thatā€™s just my advice you can take it or leave it, to each their own! For me, I just reach for my Oracle cards when I need to hear an affirmation or something sweet, and something I want to hear! LOL :grin: If you feel you need some encouragement reading the oracle cards are just as good. Some people donā€™t like them because their not straight to the point like the tarot. Its more cut throat. Some encouraging words goes a long way when you get a reading like that!
Blessed Be!! :crystal_ball:
Jeannie

8 Likes

:seedling:Walter,
I have Every Day Witch tarot deck too and its a great deck, and you have the book!Lucky!! :four_leaf_clover: I bet, its a wonderful book! I can tell by the devotional itā€™s really good! Thank you for sharing! I just want to write it down in my Book Of Shawdows!!! :star_struck:

Blockquote
Pulling one card to me is even better that pulling so many. You are so commited to your practice I know you will do great! Its a good idea so you can really get to know your deck Walter. I hope you do that everyday to gain the perspective! You can gain alot of knowledge from just pulling one card! I love just pulling one card so I can really spend some quality time with it and one can learn more.

Blockquote
:honeybee: You have been a busy bee! I know you will be blessed!
I hope they all come true!!
Thank you for sharing!
Blessed be!

5 Likes

@praecog29 , like stated before, i bought the Everyday Witch tarot. This is a section from the book that i found interesting and did not know this. I have not done a reading for anyone since i began my Wiccan path. Only my own readings. And at times it was like muddy waters. My readings were all over the place. However, lately my readings have been very accurate. Whether its my intuition getting better or something else? Again, as everyone else says, ā€œits about the connection to the cards or vice-versa.ā€

My previous oracle i could not get a grasp on them. And the more i tried the more frustrating it became. And im sure that energy came through the reading. After, purchasing the Everyday Witch Tarot/Oracle the difference between my readings have done a complete 360. Truly formed a sync with the cards. I still use the Green Witch Tarot tho. As i explained before. The readings are accurate but they just feel more structured and disciplined vs my Everyday Witch tarot- which are more whimsical and airyā€¦(Sorry if i went a bit off topic. )

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 thank you for your best wishes. You can find the book to The Everyday Witch Tarot on amazon. I do recommend it! Because it has great information in it. And the Oracle deck has a magick spell to use with each card if you should desire to do so.

All my positive wishes right back at you. May what you desire come to fruition as well.

Blessed be

7 Likes

Beautiful job with the High Intensity Tarot Training, @Jewitch- it sounds like it fits in very well with your practice :blush: I hope you continue to enjoy it, as well as your tarot book! :open_book:

Sorry about the headaches, @IrisW. Chamomile Tea sounds like a wonderful way to soothe the pain away with a touch of honey to make it a sweet experience! Congrats on your progress- with such a powerful goal, each and every day is a success worth celebrating on your path to sobriety. Cheering for you, Iris! :heart:

Good for you for giving tarot a try, @NickWick! Youā€™re on a great path- I think the Major Arcana is a great way to get started with tarot. What really helped me was seeing the Major Arcana as the Journey of the Fool- once I saw them as characters in a story, some of their meanings were easier to remember :blush: If you choose to continue your tarot studies, I wish you all the best! :two_hearts:

Thanks for sharing both the tarot video and your amazing tarot spreads, @praecog29! :pray: Itā€™s really interesting to hear your tarot experience- I think we have the opposite problem with readings! :laughing: I have much less self-doubt when I read for myself than when I try to read for others. Hopefully, for both of us, weā€™ll be able to develop our self-reading/readings for others over time! :crossed_fingers::grin::heart:

Beautiful chant, @Walter- it sounds like you are really enjoying your new deck sets! Congrats on your successful readings and spellwork, it sounds like everything is aligning perfectly for you. Iā€™m so happy for you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to everyone who delved into tarot cards this week! :tarot_card:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :flower_playing_cards: :sparkles:

3 Likes

I took this challenge today in the morning.

I performed Witch Ladder Spread:

And this is my reading:

So, I have to hear my inner voice for emotion which will give material pleasure, but I do not believe in material pleasure. So, how is this possible? When I asked this question to my Gita Tarot Deck, it guided to stop doubting my soul! I am not doubting my soul, but material pleasure and me! Howā€™s that possible? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Reference: https://www.deadreckoningtarot.com/post/office-witch-3-tarot-spreads-for-career-planning

7 Likes

Great start!

Iā€™m working my way through the Tarot Course at the moment and thereā€™s a sample sheet for using an ordinary playing card deck for divination.

Playing-Card-Tarot-Cheat-Sheet-Spells8.pdf (217.8 KB)

8 Likes

Thank you @IrisW I will take a look at this as soon as I am settled in :hugs:

5 Likes

It sounds like you got a conflicted reading, Annesha! In such a case where the cards seem to be giving meanings that lead in confusing circles, perhaps there is a piece of the puzzle missing. Maybe try Cross-Checking with another divination method?

I enjoyed seeing your Witchā€™s Ladder Spread- thanks for sharing! :blush:

4 Likes

Hello @BryWisteria

Yes, I will try today again because this is a conflict reading indeed. Thanks for sharing the link.

Thanks @IrisW

Thanks for sharing the cheat sheet.

5 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.