:fehu: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - All About Runes

Wow, I didn’t know there was a Draconic Alphabet!! Definitely, I need to try on these too! Can you please give me the meanings of each letter, please? I would appreciate a lot!

10 Likes

Madea,
I really appreciate you putting all that together and sharing your knowledge with me! So I just wanted to share with you a moment . I am born 11.06 pm Hagalaz is my rune

Blockquote
Rune 9 – HAGALAZ
Hagalaz is symbol of confusion and catastrophe. Think of destroying bad old habits and changing for the best.
I will keep this rune close to help this energy thanks :blush:
Kassandra - I like the creativity you used to incorporate the crystals! I was just thinking about how I really want to incorporate my crystals in my herbs while doing my divination I sort of got out of the habit of doing all of the above and I want to have a good practice and be mindful of my sacred space.

I wanted to try a different method of divination with runes. Instead of pulling the runes out of a bag, I asked a question and rolled three of the amethysts like dice and see which rune they landed on.
Thanks for the tip I will try rune casting with crystals it’s a great way to add some extra interpersonal interpretations!
Katnabis- I really like the way your runes have that vintage look to it or I just like the way the clay looks very nice thank you for sharing!
Marsha - I like how you incorporated the cross roads because I think that everyone in the room is dealing with some crossroad we always have to make decisions in our life and some of those decisions can be really harsh or really hard to make. Thank you for sharing
Blessed be!
Sarall- I love :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart: your black stones!
Jeannie

Blockquote

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you so much to everyone who jumped in to explore runes this week- it’s one thing to know there are many ways to use runes but it’s something else entirely to see the many wonderful and creative ways the coven uses runes in their practices! Great work to all of the Rune Readers this week :pray::blush:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :fehu::sparkles:

9 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you for joining in! :sparkles:

This thread has reopened for discussion and comments

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

Props and Presents: All About Runes Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: Congrats to the Rune Readers! :fehu:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

7 Likes

Those are very nice runes! They look like hematite. I can’t decide which stone to purchase a set on because they are all so beautiful!

I made a set of Futhark runes too but I haven’t used them. I put them on wooden cubes so they roll like dice.

I have been studying tarot for about 2 years now and its a lot to remember.

I like the witches runes because there’s only 13 and I recognize the symbols a lot easier and its less to remember!

I love the Spells8 videos for learning. Maybe they will get a video set for the Witch runes too :wink: I’m still working on the Rune set of videos.

I wish you lots of luck in your studies :books:
Everyone is very helpful in the forum so feel free to ask questions :wink: I’m so happy you’re here :grinning:

:butterfly:

8 Likes

Here are the meanings of the runes taken from the website dragon-runes.com.

8 Likes

You are correct. Thanks for the welcome and yes everyone is very helpful and willing to share their knowledge. I’m glad I came across this site.

6 Likes

I’m making some time right now to go through everyone’s entries and read them all! :heart: Apologies if I miss a comment but there’s a lot of great writing here!

Those are absolutely gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

I have family that is really drawn to the Norse pagan practices but I very much am not :sweat_smile: it’s cool to learn about though!

You’re in luck with the Runes then because it’s just a bunch of lines! :laughing:

I did not know there were Egyptian runes :thinking: they look really interesting! Almost like they’re just different hieroglyphic images on each rune stone.

That’s so cool! :star_struck: I’ve never really thought about Viking ships cruising the rivers of the United States but it seems like that’s a very real possibility!

That is such a pretty set of runestones :heart: I’m sure they’ll serve you well!

Bindrunes are interesting because they’re like a sigil made entirely out of runes. They can be made for any intention, too – you just have to combine the right runes together!

That’s a great rune spread! I’d argue that the last rune, Mannaz, isn’t just about your doctors but also about accepting help from the people close to you!

I really like that incantation you came up with. It’s beautiful and perfectly matches your runes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations! :clap: That sure is an amazing feat to complete a course that quickly. I think that’s great! :partying_face: I hope you enjoyed the course and that you learned what you needed to know about runes :blush:

Witch’s Runes seem like something I can easily get in line with doing :thinking: I may have to think about making some of my own!

Nice! That fits you quite well! :dragon:

Hooray!! :clap: :tada: :partying_face: Your runes are really pretty, too! And is that a crochet blanket I spot?! :eyes:

Interesting! I’ve never heard of Rune Chains before :thinking: So it’s kind of like a bindrune except in a chain rather than all put together?

There’s so many great entries this week and I wasn’t able to comment on everyone’s but please know I read them all! :revolving_hearts: :pray: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Oh my, @Artemisia your runes are awesome! You are very talented! :sparkler: :heart:

7 Likes

That’s true! Without Sally here pushing me I might not have gone to the ER that last time and made myself worse. Thanks, love!

5 Likes

Of course! Sometimes our community is literally the people around us that give us help when we need it – even if we don’t ask for it! :heart: (I would have told you to go to the ER too lol)

5 Likes

Good point! And thank you, my dear! :hugs:

5 Likes

yay! thank you :heart:

7 Likes

Yes! My grandmother made it for me because she knows I hate the cold :rofl: And the white cloth I have in the table next to my bed (the first photo) is also made by her :heart:

7 Likes

Your runes look amazing @Sarafeena_Sage. What kind of marker did you use? Is it permanent? I might try this. Thanks so much!

7 Likes

It’s a gorgeous blanket :heart_eyes: I love it so, so much!

7 Likes

Thanks for the compliment @marsha. I used a silver permanent marker that I bought at the Dollar Tree :wink:
Also, the black rocks were bought there too but it was probably 2-3 years ago when I got those.
I think it would have helped me a little more if I would have practiced on paper first. I’m not good at drawing, or maybe use pencil on the rock first! Why didn’t I think of that sooner?? :thinking: LOL
I enjoyed making them anyhow and they are still a very good tool.

:butterfly:

7 Likes

I couldn’t let go of the idea of making another set of witch runes in black… so I made them. Much happier with how they turned out and even charged them in the full moon.

(Before painting them with a color-shifting glaze)

8 Likes