šŸ§§ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Amulets & Talismans

@amandakay Youā€™re welcome sweetheart! :hugs: :sparkling_heart: Oh well, I can only imagine what a beautiful combination that would be, of three different nail polishes! :wink: :smiling_face: :nail_care:t2: But as I said, this one plain solid mint green shade is just as pretty! :heart_eyes: :green_heart: Very happy for your accomplishment hun! :people_hugging: :heart: Blessed Be & Stay Magickal, always!
:sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Perfect timing! I ordered the yellow jade crystal dragon skull as the first piece of my collection. I plan to make it a talisman to draw in the elemental qualities of air when I use it to cast a circle. :dash:

13 Likes

** hi Megan, and you are absolutely right making an oil would be great way to charge my tailsman and amulet.!!!

I was thinking about using a Circes oil to charge it because she was really good with her sorcery.
Or on spelling 8 thereā€™s a Letā€™s Make A Love Oil! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am pretty sure I have everything to make this potion :test_tube:

I absolutely love your sword I am in love with a sword. I see, what a good protection amulet!

Ostara thank you, for your adoration!!!:blush:

Shadowweaver

Oh I did use my left arm for my tat thank you for this knowledge!

amandakay- what a wonderful way to bring love into your marriage. I am so excited let me know how it goes.! That is wonderful and I think I want to try that Thank you for sharing.!!!:green_heart::black_heart::green_heart:

I really like this button it reminds me to keep my boundaries and I am charging this before I go to work because I will need it!

I am a caregiver so I am taking Danburite to work to use as a amulet to help others bring there life force back! I will use the danburite so I wonā€™t use my energy force.
Jeannie

14 Likes

Wow I did not know that Damien Echols wrote a book! Or that he practices magick. I definitely will be looking into that.
Also, your tattoo is absolutely beautiful. :heart:

13 Likes

Yaaaaay, another challenge where I can make something!!

Iā€™m going to make a talismanic spell jar to help with my intention of losing weight and becoming more physically fit again. I absolutely need to get back into strength training to help shed some pounds and to reduce my injuries. :muscle:t3: :green_salad: :running_woman:t3:

12 Likes

haha I totally relate ā€“ itā€™s like where did time go, ya know? One day itā€™s Friday and then I turn around and itā€™s already Thursday again. And you can quote Halloweentown all you want! I have a shirt that I got from St. Helens, OR, when we went with our family a few years ago to their Halloweentown Festival. Itā€™s orange and it says ā€œBeing normal is vastly overrated!ā€ :jack_o_lantern:

Small goals is all you can aim for!

I canā€™t wait to see what you do! :heart:

It does kind of look like a Nazar :nazar_amulet: Evil Eye Protectionā€¦ :thinking: but also like the All-Seeing-Eye! Either way, I like your jewelry and I think the pieces are beautiful!

Ohh, I bet itā€™s beautiful! :yellow_heart: I canā€™t wait to see it!

12 Likes

Thisā€™ll be nice. Iā€™ve had an amulet/talisman my whole life. As a child it was a camel necklace (we lived in the middle east at the time so it worked), then as a teenager it was an RSC badge (royal shakespear company, again it fitted as now in England), now its my ā€œbenny necklaceā€, named by my husband as he says Iā€™m benny from the film The Mummy, as this amulet/talisman represents alot of different spiritual paths. :joy: See what happens if I try and create a new one, for Spells8 (Ive not put a picture of my amulet, its camera shy :joy::thinking:). Blessed be to everyone. Love all the wonderous designs. So creative and magikal. :heart:

11 Likes

@Jeannie1 this is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love love love the headset & all the detail! Also the fact that your adding more is gonna make even that times better Iā€™m obsessed :upside_down_face:
:cyclone::nazar_amulet::hamsa::crystal_ball::mirror_ball::comet::sunny::yin_yang::ringer_planet:
I think thatā€™s an amazing & super creative idea, using tattoos as amulets or talisman, coming from another tattoo enthusiast :full_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face: because they literally become a part of you so, enchanting or charging a special one with a special intention is powerful, personal & beautiful
šŸ©µšŸ¤šŸ©· I would let your heart & soul and Hecate guide you as to the most comfortable way to go about enchanting or charging your tattoo!
Sending Light Love & Blessings :candle:šŸ©¶:woman_in_lotus_position:t4:

----Hazel RAEā€‹:pisces::capricorn::sagittarius:
:earth_americas::wind_face::fire::sweat_drops:
:new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon::full_moon::waning_gibbous_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_crescent_moon:

13 Likes

Love this challenge. I need to get the creative cap on and maybe get the clay out of the cupboard. Silly questionā€¦can a tattoo be an amulet or talisman? I have these on my backā€¦always watching out for meā€¦

17 Likes

Challenge Entry - Amulet & Talismans

I had inspiration and time today to get my challenge done. I made a talismanic spell jar imbued with the intention of improving my physical health - to shed some points and gain some muscle.

Ingredients:

• A small glass jar with a lid
  • Rosemary: Rosemary has long been associated with good health and vitality. It is believed to enhance memory, stimulate circulation, and boost the immune system.
  • Chamomile: Chamomile has calming properties and is known for its soothing effects on the body. It can promote relaxation, support healthy sleep patterns, and aid digestion.
  • Lemon Balm: Lemon balm is a calming herb that can help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. It may also support healthy digestion and contribute to a sense of overall well-being.
  • Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that helps the body adapt to stress. It can support adrenal health, promote relaxation, and boost overall vitality.
  • Citrine: Citrine is a crystal known for its association with abundance and vitality. It can promote physical energy, detoxification, and overall wellness.
  • Clear quartz: Clear quartz is a versatile crystal that amplifies energy and promotes balance. It can enhance the healing properties of other ingredients and support overall physical health.
  • A small figurine or charm representing a healthy body or a symbol of well-being.

Instructions:

• Cleanse the jar: I cleansed my jar and materials with Palo Santo.
  • Set the intention: I clearly stated my intention for the talismanic spell jar, focusing on improving my physical health. I visualized myself in a state of vibrant well-being as I held the jar.
  • Layer the ingredients: I started by placing a layer of rosemary sprigs, lemon balm, chamomile, and ashwagandha at the bottom of the jar. Then I placed the citrine and clear quartz crystals on top. Lastly, I added the small figurine representing a healthy body and well-being.
  • Seal the jar: I closed the jar tightly with the lid and sealed it with wax.
  • Charge the spell jar: While holding the jar, I visualized vibrant health and vitality flowing into my body. I focused on my intention and feel the energy of the ingredients amplifying my physical well-being.

Another perfectly timed challenge, thank you!

18 Likes

Probably my favorite quote and was like a lesson for me. Once I figured that out, life was so much easier. I havenā€™t figured out small goals yet though :laughing: :woman_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes

I think I have a rough idea what to do for this challenge, thanks to my therapist today! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We both agreed that the best thing I can do right now is to find my inner strength to express myself authentically and to no longer make myself small for the sake of others! :sparkling_heart: I said to her that Iā€™m going to enlist the help of Goddess Kali for this and she was thrilled! :smiling_face: :black_heart:

Iā€™ll be getting attuned to her energy again through this book that used to be beyond my level of comprehension before, at the beginning of my tantric path. Familiar excitement surged in me when picking it up, and also new understanding :smiling_face: :sparkles: Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m going to find a ritual for consecrating a talisman of power (I still might!) in the book itself, but I know by the end of it Iā€™ll have an inspiration for one for sure :black_heart: :fire:

15 Likes

Yes, this! Give the world a taste of the strength we see here. Stand tall and donā€™t pay the ignorant any mind. Be you

15 Likes

I love that youā€™ve had an amulet pretty much your whole life and how itā€™s changed and moved with you and your path. Thatā€™s really special! :revolving_hearts:

Yes, I believe they can! :blush: Thatā€™s a lovely tattoo - it looks very protective.

I love this! :clap: I may save this and do something similar, if thatā€™s okay with you :sweat_smile: your talisman has inspired me!

You and me both :joy: itā€™s a frequent conversation between me and my therapist!

Iā€™m certain you will :heart: Making yourself small for the sake of others is no fun ā€“ trust me, Iā€™m a familiar small person :joy: and itā€™s especially difficult as a mom. Iā€™m confident that youā€™ll find your inner strength. May Kali guide you!

13 Likes

Thank you sweeties! :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Absolutely, feel free to save it and modify it to your needs! Iā€™ve been all about self-care for the past 2 months - with an 8-week program for depression with AbleTo through my insurance and I also started seeing a therapist. My next journey is a 52-week program through my insurance (again) using Rally Coach called Real Appeal. Iā€™m trying not to change too much at once. One habit at a time. One healthy change at a time until it becomes routine.

The talisman is a visual reminder of my intentions and the outcome Iā€™m seeking. Plus itā€™s tiny enough to carry with me if I need the extra support / help somedays.

12 Likes

HazelRay
Thank you for all of your enthusiasm in my personal journey with Hecate.
I hope to adventure to more Godesses but I am still in the abyss and the more I conquer all of my inner demons the more I will crawl my way out to my full potential. I am still not operating completely from my highest source so that being said, my craft has given me the opportunity to learn myself on a soul level. Much love and respect goes out to you!
Last night I stayed on my regular regimen journaling my entire life everyday! I just know this is going to help me so I did, enchant my **Love Potion *:purple_heart::black_heart::purple_heart: last night! I am enchanting my
Thank you to Heckate & Circe for lending her magic :magic_wand:
Pure love Agape spirit, spirit of love!

You can use the love potion :test_tube: to charge your tattoo Cosmic Curiosity! Your Ank is so powerful! I really think your creativity is going to protect you through your journey!
Artemisa- Aw you always pour from a full cup donā€™t you!

I absolutely Love this quote! This is exactly why I got my tattoo. I donā€™t want to worry about what other people thought, but then I find myself worried sometimes that other people are gonna think things. To each there own right!
Jeannie

15 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

ok, Iā€™ve had an amulet since I was a child. Different ones for different phases in my life. And now I have my ā€œBennyā€. I wasnā€™t sure if I would be able to make another amulet as I only ever have 1. But each time it represents a new chapter. My ā€œBennyā€ was fine for me to add some keys, magical keys that I bought from a charity shop. This shop is special because I have an Autistic son whom I quit work for 15 years ago to do therapy with him. Heā€™s now 17 and doing well. This charity shop were the first people to give me a break to help me get back into the work place. So it felt right to have keys (magic symbols), from this shop (new beginnings), to add to my ā€œBennyā€ for this challenge (Spells8 path to a new way). Iā€™ve consecrated it and it fits beautifully. Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

I love everyoneā€™s photos, tattoos, icons, jewelry, treasures. So many wonders. Theyā€™re gorgeous. This is a beautiful challenge :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

:warning: Moderators: Please remove or edit this post if it is inappropriate!!! :warning:

Challenge Entry #2 - Amulets & Talismans

I donā€™t know why itā€™s never occurred to me before but my jewelry business is all about making talismans. :woman_facepalming:t3:

A decade or so ago, I started creating jewelry using artifacts from the critters I work with. I made non-destructive molds of claws, claw sheathes, and teeth that I turn into polymer clay or metal clay replica pendants. I started making them because I wanted a way to wear something from the animals I work with without violating endangered species acts or laws, or consuming items in the process.

The first pendants I made did well and sold out immediately. Since then, Iā€™ve been the go-to person at the animal park when a critter is scheduled for surgery or crosses the rainbow bridge. I make molds from claws, canine, lost teeth, and shed claw sheathes as well as noseprints.

The pieces are important for me as Iā€™m a tactile person. It gives me comfort to touch something or feel the weight of an item especially when the item is created from an animal I care about. For years, the silver replica canine from my handsome white tiger buddy, Arthur hung around my neck and Iā€™d find myself reaching for it during times when I was nervous or anxious, my fingers seeking the imperfections in the tooth.

Initially, I was just creating for and selling to other people at work, people who also had relationships and connections with the animal but I did start selling online. I was and still am amazed that my bestselling pendant is one that has gone to the united arab Emirates, Germany, France, England, and Canadaā€¦

The people receiving these items had never met Sadie lioness but something about the claw replica pendant appeals to people.

Honestly, itā€™s silly of me to not have realized before now that what I make are absolutely talismans. They capture the strength, beauty, and power of the amazing animals. Each pendant I make carries a piece of my love for that animal as well.

I donā€™t think it actually clicked until a few hours ago when I reached for my Donut paw print pendant.

This piece is vital to me as itā€™s a permanent physical reminder of my love for him and for his amazing personality.

16 Likes