đŸŒș Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Blooming with the Moon

My challenge entry for - Blooming with the Moon

I did end up taking a few days to make my Water of Notre Dame but just in time to use it for the full moon water which I bottled up this morning!

Oh, and my gardenia started blooming today so I decided to try my hand at drying some of the flowers. My pantry smells divine at the moment.

Enjoyed this challenge a lot! Thank you for putting this together :heavy_heart_exclamation:

10 Likes

Good evening loves♄
My Weekly Witchy Challenge ended with COVID in full bloom. :rofl: :mask::face_with_spiral_eyes:
However! I put out an offering to our Mother moon—flowers from the yard in a glass bucket of water for collecting her abundance of energy. I will use the water on the flowers in my memorial garden to assist in the healthy growth of newly planted perennials. I put my crystals, stones, and minerals in the window for bathing in the Full Flower Moon. I also did a Flower Moon spell with intentions on a red ribbon. Blessed be!
I will spend the next several days secluded in my Zen Den, catching up on reading and doing some shadow work, intentions, manifestations, and being grateful for this reprieve.
:rose::full_moon: :magic_wand:

13 Likes

:hibiscus: Blooming with the Moon Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry

Scorpio Blood Moon-Forever Conscious
Image from Forever Conscious

I found a Full Moon ritual on Forever Conscious and I adapted it to make it fit my needs and to make the spell my own. Scorpio Blood Moon Eclipse Ritual May 2022

My intention was to use the energy from the eclipse to send love and healing to the Earth. I had hoped to see the Eclipse but it was cloudy here and was unable to view it. Even so, the energy was like nothing I have ever felt before, it was very powerful, even life-changing. Energy from an Eclipse can take time to take effect, and so too my spell.

Blessings :magic_wand: :sparkles:

10 Likes

MY WWC for this week: Blooming with the Moon :full_moon: :rose:

I grew so many Marigolds last year thinking that they were Calendula. I’ve been saving them until I found a use for some of them. They represent grief and death so I made an incense for my brother in law that passed and burned it in the fire Saturday night along with a jar of my dried marigolds to have a release for him.

We had a nice dinner with my father in law and his sister. I saved some of the ashes from the fire and put some marigold petals in the jar too.
![AshesIncenseforTim|666x500, 50%]
(upload://3lsjhENMQTI0HfOh5J7vxcdK57W.jpeg)

Last we watched the lunar eclipse. We missed the beginning because there were clouds but we did get to see it red and then we watched it grow! :full_moon:
:butterfly:

9 Likes

May 16, 2022 Challenge Entry

Tonight we have thunder, rain :cloud_with_rain:, & lightning :cloud_with_lightning:. So I dont have anything out.

I did however receive my new reference book:

“The Moon Manual,” by Quinn K. Dyer & Morgan L. Fay it is in digital & a hard copy of the book. (The Moon Manual Site or On Amazon

It has every Moon Phase in every sign & all of the correspondences, meanings, magic
 so I %read about the Full Moon in Scorpio & the Full Moon in Sagittarius. There was so information about Lunar Eclipses (May/June is the first eclipse season of the year).

Last night into this morning (15th - 16th) was the total lunar eclipse (we had overcast/cloudy skies & couldnt see anything). However, I was ready to put my items & water out for the moon
 I had already seen the moon coming up around dusk & it was beautiful against the light gray blue sky. A bright white with dark thin gray clouds scooting by it. Tonight though, plans thwarted.

So i read the manual for aome more information or ideas. One of the ideas is to work in nature, which I had done for the couple of days leading up to the eclipse & full moon. From the front property line to the back, i had worked on it.

Saturday we had a fire :fire: after everything was put away & before my son’s friends came by to hang out for a little bit. I made sure use items that i found around the yard
 fallen sticks & branches with leaves, smaller logs from the long branches.

I also had my appointment today & it was intense. I spent a portion of the day contemplating my reaction. & it seemd like she was asking questions about everything I tried regarding the situation. I had to look at myself & my reaction. I still have a couple of things to release, but im going to leave the past where it is & stick to my boundaries that have been set. I am going to continue to hold myself accountable for setting & maintaining boundaries for myself.

I have accepted that regardless of what we wanted or tried, our family right now are all under this roof. My father & brother are south, NC & FL. I stayed here but my family moved south in 2003. We can’t or couldn’t pack up & move the 4 of us at the time. Then 5. (I would fly down & take 1 of the kids with me every year or every other year) my husband’s parents live less than 15 minutes away from us & my mother in law is in the commercial for pur healthcare system’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Center. :woman_shrugging:

I’m making a plan to start new from where i am right now. New beginning, & transition. Which means getting back in touch with myself & my practice & space.

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Seeds were planted and magick is blooming in the coven this week- whether your wishes and goals have sprouted or if they are still growing, congrats to you for your blooming spellwork this week! :seedling: :blossom::blush:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :hibiscus: :sparkles:

7 Likes

@Kasandra Nothing like spellwork perfume! :laughing: Jasmine is a lovely smell too :heart: Great work with the patience spell, Kasandra :raised_hands:

@Martje Your gifts come from the heart, Martje- your friends are very blessed indeed! :blush: The circle ritual for self love sounds amazing- you included so many wonderful ingredients and elements to the spellwork. And what a fun idea to make a self love package! :gift_heart:

@Wysteria_Norn Great tips for bonding, and I think that is so cool that you crafted your very own tarot oracle cards :sparkles: As for selling the deck, well, in my opinion the world can never have too many decks out there- if the idea calls to you, I say go for it! :star2:

@Amethyst Ahhh was it the entire rose? I’ve found the petals powder pretty quickly but crushing the stem part and the rosehips can be quite a workout :sweat_smile: :rose: But I suppose the more you work for it, the more you appreciate the final result! :smile: Good for you for sticking with it for the healing spell- it really is a beautiful one :heart:

@Artemisia I think it’s perfect, Kat! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And haha you won’t catch me making judgements about altar cloths- when I set up temporary altars I use whatever pretty fabric I have on hand to serve the job :laughing: :+1: If it works, it works! That being said, it really is nice to have a special cloth dedicated to your sacred space- and you’ve got yourself a great one!

Beautiful work with your Water of Notre Dame- and congrats on your lovely gardenia as well. The dried flowers will be amazing as a spell ingredient, crafting ingredient, or just a lovely decoration! :blossom:

@Jem1 It sounds like you had a very emotional and moving ritual- I hope that through the music and your own art magick you were able to find the cathersis you were seeking! May the full moon help wash away any negativity and help illuminate a bright road forward for you :full_moon: Lovely work, Jem- blessed be!

@Carrie4 You’ve been planting your seeds of intention for several weeks, Carrie- it sounds like you have taken a lot of care and mindfulness in preparation for this full moon! :blush: There really is a lot of powerful energy in the air during the full moon, thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. Lots of exciting things! :sparkles: It sounds like the moon’s influence has a strong pull for you- keep on experimenting and watching your symptoms, I have no doubt you will continue to explore and find the best practices for you during this phase :person_in_lotus_position: :full_moon: Thanks for sharing, Carrie!

@MeganB I can’t blame you- we set up our chairs outside yesterday and were going to have a lovely time relaxing in the sun but about five minutes in a spider dropped down and landed on my shirt and that was enough for me :joy::spider: It sounds like you at least caught a lovely sighting of the moon- and right before the eclipse too, how cool! :star_struck:

@AileyGrey Hooray! I’m glad you were able to catch the eclipse and make your first batch of moon water too, how exciting! :full_moon: :droplet: And no worries about the tools, the moon is still at a high level of illumination- I hope you have a lovely time with your spellwork tonight! :blush:

@Mistella Beautiful work for the full moon (and gorgeous pics- everything is so fun to see! :bouquet:) but oh noooo about your COVID, please rest up and take good care of yourself, Mistella! Some rejuvinating time in your Zen Den sounds like a good plan- sending healing light your way, feel better soon! :heart:

@Marsha A beautiful ritual with an even nicer intention- it sounds like a lovely healing Earth ritual :earth_africa: :heart: The eclipse can be powerful indeed- even without seeing it, that energy is in the air! Good for you for channeling it such a wholesome and positive way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Sarafeena_Sage I remember your post about the marigolds- I’m so happy you found a use for them, and such a good use at that! :orange_heart: I am sure your brother-in-law would appreciate the care and time you took to honor his memory. Beautiful release work, and I love the idea of including the fire ashes :fire: And how cool that you caught the eclipse too!

@Susurrus It sounds like a great book for moon magick with lots of helpful tips about not just the moon but relevant celestial happenings too :milky_way: :open_book: Forgive me- I was trying to figure out the symbols in your posts thinking they were some kind of latitude/longitude astrology notes, but I think it was just a keyboard or spellcorrect having some fun :joy: Back on track- I’m really glad you’ve got your plan and you’re working on getting in touch with yourself and your Craft. Wishing you all the best! :heart:

Thanks again to everyone for exploring blooming magick in celebration of the full moon this week- great job! :tada::full_moon_with_face:

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live and badges have been sent to all those who shared an entry. Thanks again, and blessings of the full moon! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Yes and wasn’t she a beauty. Here’s a pic from my view here in Australia, however I don’t fee the pic captured the beauty of her and how bright, big and up close it was. I stopped 3 times on my 10 min journey to the gym as she was so distracting

Also sorry for the quality, although my iPhone 12 is great that moment was obviously night and very cloudy with my windscreen in between us

9 Likes

It was an amazing moon that night here in the merry old land of Aus wasn’t it?!

You’re right about it being distracting! I walked to work that next morning at about 5:30am. It was still pitch black and the moon was still so big and bright! I spent basically the whole walk looking up at the sky watching the moon.

Luckily I know the route to work like a little homing pigeon cause I wasn’t really paying too much attention to where my feet were taking me. So much so I made very good friends with a power pole
 smack :laughing: that will teach me.

9 Likes

No, but I was crushing the lavender, chamomile, and roses all at once and it was just too much all at the same time. Oh well, I learned something from that mistake.

7 Likes

I think I fixed it
 thats what I get for being on my phone when my pups want attention. :rofl:

6 Likes

@Amethyst - electric coffee grinder
 2 quick zips & everything is either done or easier in a mortar & pestle. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one that stuff like that! :wink: I’ve met a pole or two before :woozy_face: LOL
:butterfly:

7 Likes

I did, but then I had to immediately go inside because of the bugs :laughing:

5 Likes

I don’t have one, I’ll have to look into that. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thay aren’t expensive & super easy to use. I think mine was 10.99 at Wal-Mart :laughing: they are really easy to use & clean.

5 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch Gorgeous moon! :full_moon_with_face: I agree, pictures just can’t capture it all the way- even the super expensive cameras that take the moon pics for newspapers still can’t come close to how it feels to see the moon in person! That being said, for those of us cursed with cloudy skies it is wonderful to see the pictures- thanks for sharing! :heart:

@jessica72 Ohhhh nooo! I’m sorry about your encounter with the power pole- it happens to all of us at one point or another :sweat_smile: I hope you weren’t hurt! :pray::two_hearts:

@Amethyst All at once is definitely a work out too! I guess it’s a good excuse to skip gym day :joy: Otherwise, I like Siofra’s idea of using the grinder. I really like the handheld pulse blenders- they are super cheap and clean up is easy! They make short work of pretty much any materials that need to be ground up :grinning: :+1:

@Susurrus Hahaha when puppers want attention, they make sure to get it! :dog: :laughing:

@MeganB Nasty bugs- they really know how to ruin a party! :mosquito: :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I don’t use herbs that much though, I do candle work without them mostly. I may get one but I may not, I do like how I put the effort into crushing stuff with my mortar and pestle. I’ll just not do it all at once again! LOL!

I have one of those! I may use that the next time I need crushed rose petals. Thanks!

5 Likes

The hand pulse blenders also work well, I enjoy using the mortar & pestle, but with my hands, I had to come up with a way to make it easier to manipulate. So 1 or 2 quick presses are just enough for the stems or tougher materials like resins, wood, etc.

You will find what works for you in the most comfortable way. :heart:

5 Likes

Very cool, I’ll have to get mine out of the closet!

5 Likes